Jul 13 2013
By: metlgearsolid200 Uncharted Territory 1333 posts

Bout of Honor:/Thoughts/flaws/ideas/

[ Edited ]
36 replies 457 views Edited Jul 14, 2013

Thoughts: The Bout of Honor is a GREAT addition to the multiplayer! I love to see me and my enemy up close and personal, what I do in this game mode is, if I win and the other user stays, I take one set of armor off and keep doing this till he leaves and I have no armor Smiley Happy and I change my weapon every time.

Flaws: Poseidon...that's it actually...Poseidon has a HUGE advantage in this game mode. If you pin up Magic build-Zeus vs Tank-Poseidon, it seems that Poseidon (a TANK character) gains magic far faster then Zeus. I don't mind the fact that Poseidon has a lot of health, I can take him on, but his magic build in the Bout of Honor is NASTY! Smiley Happy  and his magic is hard to avoid in this close corner combat and people can easily take you out in one combo with a little help from Ice. Poseidon seems to have the biggest advantage out of all the classes in this new game mode, though I put up a good fight with Ares and try as hard as I can to not let them touch me. OTHER then that? There is really nothing wrong with this awesome game mode and would love some more maps with it.

Ideas: I love this game mode...But the ONLY single thing I HATE about this game mode, Is in the map "Chamber of the Flame", what bothers me about the Chamber of the Flame is that there is no God of War 3 Music in it...I was thinken that Santa Monica could put in the following soundtracks...

(Brothers of Blood)

(Rage of Sparta) for this soundtrack, it would only play when both players are tied at 3 wins.

Another idea, the XP gained in this game mode is a little too low? You hardly get any XP for kicken another champions face in Smiley Happy and I think we should get more XP in this new game mode? Like, make the achievements worth more? Or every round that you win you get 500XP or something.

If anybody has any bugs to comment on then do so and I'll edit this thread and put your bug up here, as well as ideas and flaws.

@SYNK-WARRIOR said there was a bit of a deley in the frames and lag issus with the 1v1 mode. Yes there is actualy, I havn't had a perfect game yet with nice flowing connection but it could just be people who don't have a good connection? or is it a bug?

lawl.jpg

Message 1 of 37 (457 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
270 posts

Re: Bout of Honor:/Thoughts/flaws/ideas/

Jul 14, 2013
Rage of Sparta in bout of honor... Just a BRILLANT idea!!!!
Message 2 of 37 (429 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1375 posts

Jul 14, 2013
You usually get about 800- 1,200 XP in BOH but the matches go by so quickly that I find it good for leveling. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 37 (420 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1771 posts

Jul 14, 2013

There are frame rate issues with this mode not. I feel slow down on all maps most matches even when ther is no lag. There are delayd responses and missed button inputs that make the mode frustrationg since one mistep can get you killed. Other than that it is a fine mode and is a lot of fun when it performs properly Smiley Happy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lag is OP. NERF it!
Message 4 of 37 (419 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1206 posts

Jul 14, 2013

mrvlrdr101 wrote:
You usually get about 800- 1,200 XP in BOH but the matches go by so quickly that I find it good for leveling. Smiley Happy

More like about 600 if you lose, 1000 if you win from 0-3 or 0-0, and around 800 if you lose from 3-0

Message 5 of 37 (416 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1333 posts

Jul 14, 2013
@SYNK-WARRIOR yea i think you may be right.

lawl.jpg

Message 6 of 37 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1497 posts

Jul 14, 2013
If this mode flowed exactly like the other modes without the lag then I would deem it perfect. However it plays so sloppy at times. Really hope they address the issue as a lot of people are bringing it up.

Check out my channel for GoW matches, highlights and other videos.
Message 7 of 37 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2926 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 14, 2013

The Good:
We get a better camera view of our champions.

The Bad:
Small, almost purely decorative maps means very little chance for ring out, no traps, very little maneuverability due to limited space.

Magic regen is far too slow, especially for Zeus. This makes higher cost magics even less viable options than they already were.

Add the above to low xp and no relics, rage, WWs, objectives, chests, fonts, monsters and this mode gets dull quick.

Feels kinda like MK: Armageddon for the PS2 mixed with Spartacus Legends.

Hades vs Kratos on Make A Gif
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif
Message 8 of 37 (366 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1944 posts

Jul 14, 2013

^blame the ppl who wanted a mode like this Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 37 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2926 posts

Jul 14, 2013
I do, partially at least. The dev team still take most of the responsibility since they actually did it like this. I wish they'd add options to turn some stuff on/off in all modes, there'd probably be far less frustration with this game then. Especially that timer in TotG.

Matchmaking STILL needs to be fixed too, now more than ever.

Hades vs Kratos on Make A Gif
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif
Message 10 of 37 (359 Views)
0 Likes