May 17 2013
By: A27Alak Splicer 54 posts

Bouncing and Whatnot

6 replies 3661 views Edited May 17, 2013

Do you guys think it can be a bit excessive?  I fought a few Ares and Hades players who managed to combo me for a long time because of the pretty ridiculous bounces their weapons do.  I mean, my character didn't even get the chance to have that short period of invincibility (glowing white).  I don't know if the players knew how to execute long combos through practice or if it's just a broken game mechanic.  What I do know is that it was annoying.  If I wasn't playing Poseidon, my guy would've been dead from a single combo string.

Speaking of glowing white, is there a certain requirement for a player to get that moment of invincibility?  It seems so... random.  I would hold Triangle in order to launch a guy into the air, except his character would just slide back with that white glow.  Sometimes I'd get beat up by a bunch of people and after getting hit like 4-5 times, my character would enter that state of invincibility which gives him a chance to fight back and breathe.  Other times... I just don't get the luxury of getting that reset.  Anyone else bothered by this?

Message 1 of 7 (3,661 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
634 posts

Re: Bouncing and Whatnot

May 17, 2013
You can get hit by 10 hit combo and never going white.That´s what is wrong in this game,bending game mechanics in you´r favor to execute long combo and yes i know it´s stupid that you can´t do example ,square,square,hold triangle in a single string.Game is broken,accept it.

Message 2 of 7 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1499 posts

May 17, 2013

Bounce is broken period. Anyway reason for combos IS practice, certain attacks "reset" a person's timer, for example S S T gives I-frames but S S L1+S does not and may allow for a longer string. Most combos however require the use of both specials. Most sword combos start with a heavy attack of some kind that requires you to bounce thus they will most of the time use jump slice, parry it or block it. Hammer combos on the other one start WITH a parry or a special ie. Maul of Zeus combo needs parry or L1+S to start it. Spear combos start with it's launcher and certain specials and they have the LONGEST combos so far. Any weapon can also start it's combo with certain magics.

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Message 3 of 7 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

May 17, 2013
The devs obviously like Magic City and other popular strip clubs with all this "bouncing". Next time you see all this bouncing, just get your singles ready. :smileywink:

I'm outtie 5000!

"Flesh that burns, bones that break; But to break a man's spirit is to truly destroy him" - Ares, GOW
Message 4 of 7 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1892 posts

May 17, 2013
I'll give an example: a while get, I tried to double jump slice in the same combo against the dummy as I saw people doing that on me. Before I could grapple the dummy after the second slice, he always went invincible.

Then I learned the trick: you jump slice and land, waiting 1 second before starting the S, S, X~T, R1. This must be done very quickly and require practice.

But yeah, bouncing is really annoying, sometimes you can't do nothing about it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You were always Zeus' Favorite!

You were alway Zeus' favorite!

My channel: http://youtube.com/user/czeuch
Message 5 of 7 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1206 posts

[ Edited ]
May 17, 2013

Heavy Attacks were never meant to be placed into a combo. -____-

A27Alak

Message 6 of 7 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

May 17, 2013

What's even more annoying is when you're playing on a multi-story level (Labyrinth or Bog) and you get bounced off the top floor... then bounce off the bottom floor... then fall into the abyss.  They should make it so that when you hit a button (like the jump button) exactly when your character hits the ground during bounce animation, your guy gets reset (or at least pops back on his feet).

Message 7 of 7 (57 Views)
0 Likes