Jun 08 2013
By: IshidaN7 Splicer 64 posts

Bounce State

4 replies 1278 views Edited Jun 8, 2013

Jump slice-jump slice (that may even be tolerated a few times, but all the time whole day-whole team?!) and to top it. Jump slice with Cerberus blade skill while they jump. Yummy, that's delicious. I'm really not against combo, really. DMC Devil May Cry-Metal Gear Rising i play-played both and liked combo the max out of it. But this is God of War MULTIPLAYER. Coming up against people that none-stop combo you until you die, and you can't even do a frickin thing about it... I believe it would be soo easy to give a fix on this. What would it be?

Bounce state only on succesfull parry. This would mean if i fall for a parry of my enemy, be it let him/her combo on me as i enter in bounce state. But by jumping up all the time, and slicing for combo is a Cheap and easy way. Which i think combo shouldn't be given in an easy way. And when i see those Cerberus jump slicers, 99% of the matches end up "Connection lost". Not angry at all, i'm happy the host left so i may find a normal match where people use skill and not broken game mechanics.

This way maybe people would use parry even more often, but hey it's rare to say nowadays even one parry in 10 minutes. That's just my opinion, but this way the game won't earn new players, don't you think?

Message 1 of 5 (1,278 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1206 posts

Re: Bounce State

Jun 8, 2013

Idk, these mechanics make you smarter, and stay on your toes instead of doing stupid things like hitting square over and over, as well as forcing you to learn every single mechanic, like delayed attacks and charging your weapon. If you can't learn these then we can't do much about it. Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 5 (1,265 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
146 posts

Jun 8, 2013

@IshidaN7 Well I´m using parrying,but the only problem is it´s not always working and when you fail it the bouncing starts,which is really annoying and also that for some reason your´re enemy is "always" able to parry your attacks even your special ones.

And I even don´t know that you can even parry the chain grapple with R1 or the spartan kick with circle,and last but not least another problem about the parrying is that when you have to do it with many enemies you can´t do it only,when it´s 1 vs. 1

Message 3 of 5 (1,261 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Jun 8, 2013

see the problem is that you let it happen to begin with. ITS BLOCKABLE. MP pro tip#1.   when flying through the air in GOW:A, ESPECIALLY WHEN JUMPING.the block button should be held at all times.  do you know how hard it is to hit someone with a heavy unblockable( aside from cerberus blade) when someone is jumping through the air blocking?BOOM. your whole jump slice team is countered. if you don't have a weapon to compete with cerberus blade then you are SOL. lol. People using these kinds of combinations can be a pain, especially when your just leveling up all the other non OP weapons and armor. But if you know how to counter them. when I make that gear switch. they start raging.

MP pro tip#2- when fighting against inexperienced players and you are outnumbered and you need to get away, evade once! then just simply walk away, DO NOT SPRINT. the simple act of walking and countering your enemy as they are coming after you is much more of a pain in the **bleep** then them pressing r1 and your dead. Hope that helps a little. 

Message 4 of 5 (1,245 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
64 posts

Jun 9, 2013
Point on cerberus blade, can't block if the launch the skill on me on air, and swing it right away. Or other swords that lead to that position as well. It's to fast for air heavy attack. Sword has to much of the advantage compared to hammer and spear. When someone get's me with hammer or spear combo i'm like "Wow, good one" but seeing those ugly jump slicers. The whole match to them is just, jump slice jump slice jump slice jump slice. Don't tell me this should be normal. It's freaking everyone out.
Message 5 of 5 (1,203 Views)
0 Likes