Sep 21 2013
By: VoteKratos Lombax Warrior 230 posts

Borderline unplayable here in Australia

4 replies 301 views Edited Sep 21, 2013

Hey SSM, I know you guys deal with lots of people day in and day out on this forum and I don't mean to sound like a self-entitled **bleep** but I haven't been able to play this game for the past couple of months. Not that I don't want to (I really, really, really, want to) I just can't! The matchmaking takes hours, literally. I've made dinner waiting for it to get me a match and I know for a fact that it's not because of a low player count because I constantly get into lobbies that just need one or two more players to get the ball rolling but then it just scraps them all and goes back to square one with 'searching...' where the names were a second ago. I think it's a network error of some kind. 

And that's not even the half of it, every match I manage to get for myself (somehow) always ends up being laggier than an 80 something year old man with Alzheimer's! I can't make any damage output what so ever and all my parries, heavy attacks, area of effect attacks etc don't do anything to my opponents. I just have to stand there and be my attacker's punching bag. It's so demoralizing ...

The only thing that works smoothly is the 1 player Trial of the Gods mode. But if I wanted to go solo, I'd rather just play the single-player to be honest. 

Am I the only one facing these problems? It has nothing to do with my connection - that's the only thing in my house that works the way it's supposed to Smiley Tongue

Message 1 of 5 (301 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
983 posts

Re: Borderline unplayable here in Australia

Sep 21, 2013

Yeah, we Aussies (and Oceanic Region I'm assuming also) copped it bad. Last week (the day GTA5 came out), it took me an hour to find a match and it lagged. I figured that GoW online was dead due to GTA5. But even from the start; I struggled to find a CTF lobby during the first few weeks of launch but after a month (or less), CTF was dead and the only way I managed to play CTF was because someone I added got 7 other friends together to get us into a lobby. This bothers me as in other regions CTF is still going well. 

Match-making is one thing SSM need to focus on especially if they plan on making another GoW MP. Not everyone has the time to wait half an hour to an hour plus to play one game. This year, I cut down the amount of time I play PS3 to an hour on weekdays (due to Yr11 VCE) to relax a little and balance out my workload. I would get on at 9 and play 3 games then get off and sleep. I don't have the time to be waiting 10 minutes let alone hours to find a match. Although study wont matter when the next game comes out (although I plan to be at Uni), I don't want to be waiting more than 5 minutes to play a game.

"It has nothing to do with my connection - that's the only thing in my house that works the way it's supposed to " haha

Message 2 of 5 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1497 posts

Sep 21, 2013
The game is done here in Australia. DaNielgAUci said he's had to wait an hour for a game, well I've had to wait longer in the passed recent days. It's a combination of both poor match making and lowered player population due to people's patience wearing out from having to wait these ridiculous times just to get one match.

The worst thing is if during the initial wait it doesn't match you up with local players, it starts to match you up with Asian countries, where the lag makes it impossible to have a decent match.

I really hate to say it because I still enjoy the hell out of playing this game but it is dead over here.

Check out my channel for GoW matches, highlights and other videos.
Message 3 of 5 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11779 posts

Sep 21, 2013
Dang :/
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 5 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
230 posts

Sep 22, 2013
Dandy.
I've been clamouring for this game for a whole year and I don't even get to Ascend one character. Do us a favour SSM, do something, ANYTHING, to help us out. I'll come back to this game after the next patch so please sort out this matchmaking business!!!!
Message 5 of 5 (227 Views)
0 Likes