Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Re: Beta feedback roundup thread.

Jan 3, 2013
I played all night with my buddy, awesome teamwork, we had a match 2 vs 4 one basically rage quit and the other 3 just got owned... seriously teamwork is the key...
Please use plain text.
Message 91 of 103 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Jan 3, 2013

I still see a lot of players that rage quit or lag the hell out of  a game  when their team is losing or wheither they failed to kill someone or got their combo got countered...

I would seriously love to see in the full game 2 different difficulty,

One that you are meant to be called a god ( hardcore if youd like) were the only players with low % of quiting ratio and other specific, like being top 3 of your team a number of time, being true teamwork players, in shorth true God of war warriors...

and the one for the unexperience players ( a softcore style) for the people who just dont care about being a team player and that love to rage quit often to ruin xp for others in a game...

Im just getting frustated when it takes you half a hour to be with your buddy and next thing you know connection with the host failed.. even a host migration wouldnt be that bad to see and let the quitter lose his xp

Please use plain text.
Message 92 of 103 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Jan 3, 2013
I quit once in a while too, though much like I do in Uncharted it's only when I'm downright frustrated.

Like this one time I had ran into this guy who killed me twice with nothing on but a BoA and a skorpion armor... I hate how that combo has such high attack power but yet the only physical attack stat they have is 50 on the sword. Then I turn around and I have like no health carrying the flag for my team getting almost no help and people start coming after me. I do the ultra L1 + triangle ground slam that does this HUGE AoE and knocks people up into the air...but the guy decides that he isn't going to get knocked up for some reason so I die instead of capping the flag.

Another time this guy and I were fighting. Both of us low health and right before I die I smack him with a couple of hits with my hammer and he doesn't get knocked down...no option to brutal kill...nothing. He has barely any health at all probably 10% or less and he gets to finish me off. I didn't quit that match but I just can't stand unfair matchups. I always get angry when I fight nagashi chidori because he lags like mad but I'm always put in the same games with him.

I figure it's better to just leave the match than cycle through broken controllers.
Please use plain text.
Message 93 of 103 (111 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jan 3, 2013

Are there any actions mapped to the D-pad besides Up being taunt? 

I've read somwhere that it's hard to tell where your character is when there are like 6 players fighting at once and ocassionally, I've run into this problem. So, what if we could turn on some sort of indicator above our own character that would allow us to know where our fighter is? Perhaps we can use one of the remaining three D-pad buttons to toggle the indicator. 

Please use plain text.
Message 94 of 103 (102 Views)
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Jan 3, 2013

Yeah there really should be a way to punish rage quiters though because they can make the situation even more terrible then they already are if your losing. Maybe there should be a way to keep disconnect rates for players who leave or give a handycap for the players still trying to stay th rest of the match.

Speaking of witch when there are lop sided games of 3v4 when the match starts maybe there can be a bonus handycap for the smaller team at the beginning of the match, like extra magic or strength just to make it a little more even. Have a god grant the smaller team something beneficial for being in a harder situation. If not, then maybe there should be a large XP bonus at the end of the match for the smaller team if they win. Just to give more of an incentive to stay and win.

I've had people reage quit at the beginning of the match as soon as they find out there on the smaller team wich makes the rest of the gaming experience a pain. My point is please make it more balanced for lop sided teams or punish rage quitters severly. There shouldnt be a punishment to the players who want to stick around and try win because someone else decides to leave.

Please use plain text.
Message 95 of 103 (101 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 3, 2013

Input Glitch 1

One problem which I have encountered frequently involves clicking L3 to sprint. I often find that instead of sprinting, my character will perform a taunt instead. He will also occasionally do something else, such as an X+O move, but this is the glitch I have been encountering most often. 

Input Glitch 2

Like many others have noted, I have had some trouble with the R1 grapple. Specifically, it sometimes won't work on enemies which I have just launched into the air. I've noticed this happens most often in CTF.

Thoughts

I've loved playing Beta so far, in particular Team Favor of the Gods. I think Santa Monica absolutely made the right decision to include multiplayer with Ascension, as it opens up huge possibilities for gameplay. Obviously I'm sure they'll include invites and whatnot with the official release of the game, and I'm looking forward to what other game modes and maps there will be.

What I'm really hoping for are these:

-More different types of primary weapons (spears, shields, bows, etc.), as well as more weapons and items from the games. Game items I'd like to see are the Spear of Destiny, Icarus Wings, Bow of Apollo, and Efreet.

-More game elements in levels. For instance, I think it would be cool if a map had Gorgon statues like in the Bog of the Forgotten and Temple of Persephone. I also think - if possible - incorporating underwater elements would be cool.

-The gods themselves, or other characters or monsters from Mythology, showing up in-game to either help a team or wreak havoc on both.

Please use plain text.
Message 96 of 103 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1499 posts

Jan 3, 2013

Goldhawk1 wrote:
I quit once in a while too, though much like I do in Uncharted it's only when I'm downright frustrated.

Like this one time I had ran into this guy who killed me twice with nothing on but a BoA and a skorpion armor... I hate how that combo has such high attack power but yet the only physical attack stat they have is 50 on the sword. Then I turn around and I have like no health carrying the flag for my team getting almost no help and people start coming after me. I do the ultra L1 + triangle ground slam that does this HUGE AoE and knocks people up into the air...but the guy decides that he isn't going to get knocked up for some reason so I die instead of capping the flag.

Another time this guy and I were fighting. Both of us low health and right before I die I smack him with a couple of hits with my hammer and he doesn't get knocked down...no option to brutal kill...nothing. He has barely any health at all probably 10% or less and he gets to finish me off. I didn't quit that match but I just can't stand unfair matchups. I always get angry when I fight nagashi chidori because he lags like mad but I'm always put in the same games with him.

I figure it's better to just leave the match than cycle through broken controllers.

Same to me, I also really hate the guys who abuse the i-frames of dodging, had a guy yesterday who dodged every single thing I did yet had a worse K/D ratio than me (probably because he kept getting owned by my team as opposed to 1v1 like me), I'm rocking Skrop armor and BoA right now after I saw Zeus would not work normally, granted I go around healing team too, I've had guys seemingly get up right after they get into BK stun animation or guys who don't flinch(I attribute this simply to lag)

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Please use plain text.
Message 97 of 103 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Jan 3, 2013
New bug in the lobby.

Character is completely frozen, but his flaps or "skirt" on the leggings is flapping around like crazy. It's going up into the the character model and now he's just sitting perfectly still.
Please use plain text.
Message 98 of 103 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2013
Several times in the lobby while twirling my Champion there will be momentary stutter and the weapon i have equipped will appear on his back. Played several games today. Mostly capture the flag, a few FFA. Out of all the players present I would say only one was patroned by Ares and 90% of the players were using BoA or Hammer of Zeus. Matches have broken down to magic spam, silences and AoE vacuum. It's beyond imbalanced. It's boring. Fortunately given the lack of chests and the opportunities to grab them FFA isn't as bad. In fact I pulled out my Ares champ and won a few rounds.<br><br> As it stands though, I really hope the 8th doesn't just see resets but a new patch. Until things are re-tuned I doubt I'll be on as much outside of FFA.
Please use plain text.
Message 99 of 103 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Jan 4, 2013
Idk if it was just today or what, but this lag is crazy.

People grabbing me AFTER I've evaded... people attacking me through my combos.

I get tired of smacking people with world weapons and it does no damage, I get tired of throwing my world weapon only to have it miss, even if it hits them directly in the head just before they evade. 99.999999% of the time my hammer will automatically miss my opponent when thrown. I've even had my hammer explode in the air!

Really don't know what to do, everyone I fight in every single confrontation lags in some absurd asinine way and deals a **bleep**ton of damage, kills me or somehow survives.

I had a guy down to like 10% health and I accidentally hit him twice with the same magic attack... one in which makes you go flying and sticks you with a flame grenade.. so there would have been at least one charge attached to him. Thinking I got the kill I go and start hitting someone else but guess what? Somehow I don't kill the goddamn guy, and I'm now getting double teamed by what would appear to be a zombie.
Please use plain text.
Message 100 of 103 (45 Views)
0 Likes