Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Re: Beta feedback roundup thread.

Dec 22, 2012
Bumping in the hope of keeping feedback rangled here if possible.
Message 81 of 103 (155 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

team balancing

Dec 22, 2012

Someone probably brought this up already but please do something about the team balancing. playing 4 against 2 sucks and it happens a lot.

and hm... do we get to keep character levels and items when the games released?

Message 82 of 103 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Re: team balancing

Dec 22, 2012
No, everything in the beta will disappear before launch.
Message 83 of 103 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 2, 2013
MP feedback (jan 2 2013)

Ok, so I just played a match of capture the flag. It was pretty dang laggy, first kill I got took me a bit to get because of lag the other player wouldn't react to attacks in time, and when I killed him it took a few seconds for it to register.

Right after that, most of the players in the match froze. I could still run around and I looked around and saw other players moving but couldn't attack. Suddenly I was thrown across the map like I had gotten hit but took no damage and the match was back to normal and it said we had captured twice.

When I grabbed the flag, I noticed that sometimes when you're getting attacked or placing the flag that it'll glitch and show the weapon you're using instead of the flag.

I don't know whether it was a glitch or lag but when I had the flag I couldn't hit anyone.

Another glitch I ran into, was someone else had our flag but it still said we needed to protect our flag and our flag was still in our base. I waited until it said the flag got saved but still, it was odd.

The mode was really short... I mean it was 3v3 but the match went by so dang fast. It wasn't even 10 minutes long. We just ran in and captured 5 flags super fast even with the gods interrupting.

I like how they make a big deal out of the flag in this game. Usually whoever picks it up is just the flag carrier but being able to attack with it and once in a while gaining health is pretty cool. At least, I think that was the ability...
Message 84 of 103 (124 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Jan 2, 2013

Not sure if this is a glitch or exploit or what.  Favor of the gods, enemy would knock me down and then use special square from hammer of ares and it would almost immediately send me back up without time to dodge or anything.

Might've been lag though, because I think I managed to dodge out of that loop maybe once or twice.

Message 85 of 103 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Jan 2, 2013
Some quick Capture the Flag feedback. Played 3 games and I'll add more as I dig my teeth in.

- Bug - enemy was running with our flag. Defend prompt and pursuit prompts were both showing. Very confusing. Happened once.

- Opinion - time limit feels unneccesary. Games felt too short and two ended in ties. If not remove perhaps extend?

- Opinion - there needs to be a way to stop grabbing flag mid grab, akin to breaking a cap in 8 man.

- Opinion - love that carriers aren't completely helpless and can do a few standard attacks. Maybe we can see a brutal kill animation implemented for the carriers?

All in all was a nice welcome back. Action was hectic and fun. Shocked and saddened to see no tuning has taken place yet, and a few of my previous addressed issues (rigged traps a bigger hinderance to friendlies, health regen issues, etc) are glaringly still noticable, but everyone just came back from holidays so makes sense. Looking forward to see what comes on patch day.
Message 86 of 103 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 3, 2013
So I dislike capture the flag....a lot...

Teams have terrible team work..no one goes after flags. Just had a match where I was the only good player on my team. I had the flag and when you have the flag you have NO way of defending yourself. On top of that, you have no defense...so I'm sitting here holding a flag and my team mates is off dying a crap ton... my third one quit so it's like 3 or 4 vs 2 (practically one) and it was not only boring but very unfair and rage inducing.
Message 87 of 103 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Jan 3, 2013
It's not CTF you dislike my friend. It's playing CTF with strangers as opposed to friends.
Message 88 of 103 (86 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 3, 2013
I'm supposin that's true. When I have good team mates it's pretty fun...though the flag holder has really weird attacks.
Message 89 of 103 (79 Views)
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Re: Beta feedback roundup thread.

Jan 3, 2013

Yeah, it's the complete lack of teamwork from working with strangers. I only played about 3 games but a friend has been playing all night. Half the time he would just grab the flags without dealing with any opposition. Of course I've run into the usual being attacked by 3 enemies while my team mates are nowhere to be found. This problem will be solved once party systems and voice chat are added

Message 90 of 103 (74 Views)
0 Likes