Jan 22 2013
By: noheartallsoul First Son 26 posts

Awesome game Sony, sick of whiners, haters, and big ideas

4 replies 106 views Edited Jan 22, 2013

Sony, 

thank you for the best Beta I've ever played. I am normally not big on mutiplayers, save some fighting games, but this was one of the best if not the best mutiplayer experience I've ever had in a game. Day one purchase for sure. 

With that said, I've been posting and reading the forum regularly. There are a lot of good ideas and feedback- for the most part- but than there are others. 

First off, there are suggestions, and then there are complaints. The complainers and whiners really tick me off. They got access to a free beta, hours worth of entertainment, and still complain? How dare they. Shut up haters.

Internet lag seems to be a big complaint. To this I say to the players, PAY FOR BETTER INTERNET. I have 20bps and have NEVER had a lag on this game, and I played it daily. If you're cheap, and have slow internet- oh well. Stop complaining. 

Then there are people who aren't complaining, but  posting these ridiculous grandeoise suggestions for the game that is coming out in less than two months and has been in development FOR YEARS. These posts are "what if" posts, detailing in painful detail, what that repsective player would like to see.  New levels, new modes, new gods, sheesh. People, the game is out in a few weeks, even if the developers took your idea seriously, they don't have time for these big ideas. Were talking tweaks here and there, not "Honor of The Gods" mode and an outline for what would constitute an entirely new and different game.

Like I said, most of the feedback has been pretty good.   

Thanks, Sony

Message 1 of 5 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Re: Awesome game Sony, sick of whiners, haters, and big ideas

Jan 22, 2013

Agreed, I'm not very big on MP either, but this is the best one! And for a beta, there's not much to criticize, only need to fine-tune a couple things like the lobby and match making.

I played this beta in December and then again after the holiday break and there wasn't any lag until one round where I think someone was blowin' up the game the other day. Maybe there is somethin' SSM could do to prevent people from messin' up the game or people should just play fair in the first place.

Message 2 of 5 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Jan 22, 2013

Skip_2011 wrote:

Agreed, I'm not very big on MP either, but this is the best one! And for a beta, there's not much to criticize, only need to fine-tune a couple things like the lobby and match making.

I played this beta in December and then again after the holiday break and there wasn't any lag until one round where I think someone was blowin' up the game the other day. Maybe there is somethin' SSM could do to prevent people from messin' up the game or people should just play fair in the first place.

Players will always find ways to be annoying and cheap. I know of most of the cheap tactics, yet I avoid all of them. I play how I want, not what makes me untouchable. As you said, hopefully they iron things out nicely.

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 3 of 5 (91 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 22, 2013
I concur >_<
Message 4 of 5 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
274 posts

Jan 22, 2013

noheartallsoul wrote:

Sony, 

thank you for the best Beta I've ever played. I am normally not big on mutiplayers, save some fighting games, but this was one of the best if not the best mutiplayer experience I've ever had in a game. Day one purchase for sure. 

With that said, I've been posting and reading the forum regularly. There are a lot of good ideas and feedback- for the most part- but than there are others. 

First off, there are suggestions, and then there are complaints. The complainers and whiners really tick me off. They got access to a free beta, hours worth of entertainment, and still complain? How dare they. Shut up haters.

Internet lag seems to be a big complaint. To this I say to the players, PAY FOR BETTER INTERNET. I have 20bps and have NEVER had a lag on this game, and I played it daily. If you're cheap, and have slow internet- oh well. Stop complaining. 

Then there are people who aren't complaining, but  posting these ridiculous grandeoise suggestions for the game that is coming out in less than two months and has been in development FOR YEARS. These posts are "what if" posts, detailing in painful detail, what that repsective player would like to see.  New levels, new modes, new gods, sheesh. People, the game is out in a few weeks, even if the developers took your idea seriously, they don't have time for these big ideas. Were talking tweaks here and there, not "Honor of The Gods" mode and an outline for what would constitute an entirely new and different game.

Like I said, most of the feedback has been pretty good.   

Thanks, Sony

I like the game as well and I agree about the whinners.

However , the comment about adding a new mode or armors/weapons,  A lot can be done with a patch you download.  Also the new mode would just be online so it would be online and not out of the realm of possiblity to include or possible put in a few months down the road to keep players interested.

As for the internet , if you have a slower internet but can't get higher speed where you live then it isn't fair to not let them play but also a realization that the lags might be due to internet needs to happen.  However I have 15 Mbps internet and I too have had lag issues and issues with other seeming to lag.  I think they should have a background system that puts the lower speeds in a lobby and the higher speeds in another to keep things fair.

Message 5 of 5 (79 Views)
0 Likes