Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 07 2013
By: Rumba_Lumba Hekseville Citizen 300 posts

Ascension music

7 replies 99 views Edited Jan 7, 2013
or at least some of them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sILT17GS2Ws http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSx9SU_2z0w http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EawtXN4Xu38 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81cyTWqp-5E btw, just bring back Team Favour and scrap CtF. better yet, do a Team Favour variant where players have to stay on a certain area, and the time the players stay within those areas create points.
Message 1 of 8 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9691 posts

Re: Ascension music

Jan 7, 2013
That mode would be king of the hill or territories.

I kind of agree... CTF is pretty plain and since the servers came back online this game plays really weird and lags a lot which just makes the whole game feel alienated.

If they could do some work to it I'm sure it'd be good, desert of lost souls doesn't seem that good for CTF and there's glitches that allow players to cap when their flag is gone and cap where the god flag appears.

Would like to see more game modes that work as well as FFA and team favor.

I'm wondering why there isn't just a "team death match" in the game, I love killing and don't always feel up to the whole "objective" game style.
Message 2 of 8 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Jan 7, 2013
never once have i experienced lag. and no, i'm not exaggerating one bit. i've had disconnects before the match starts (it just says connection error right when the timer goes to 0), but other than that, ZERO lag for me. every match plays smoothly.

wait, so putting it on the bonus flag base is a glitch? i always do it all the time. now i don't, because that mechanic is broken. why? because, for example, you got the enemy flag and the enemy got yours. if you put their flag on the bonus flag base, that would mean their flag will respawn and they can just put your flag on their respawned flag. i don't get that. i know it's supposed to change the dynamic if one team gets two flags, but still if no one got the bonus flag, it's just two teams getting a free point each.
Message 3 of 8 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9691 posts

Jan 7, 2013

Rumba_Lumba wrote:
never once have i experienced lag. and no, i'm not exaggerating one bit. i've had disconnects before the match starts (it just says connection error right when the timer goes to 0), but other than that, ZERO lag for me. every match plays smoothly.

wait, so putting it on the bonus flag base is a glitch? i always do it all the time. now i don't, because that mechanic is broken. why? because, for example, you got the enemy flag and the enemy got yours. if you put their flag on the bonus flag base, that would mean their flag will respawn and they can just put your flag on their respawned flag. i don't get that. i know it's supposed to change the dynamic if one team gets two flags, but still if no one got the bonus flag, it's just two teams getting a free point each.

Not experiencing lag is literally impossible, especially in a BETA.  

You aren't supposed to be able to cap at all if the enemy team has your flag.  I first noticed it when I had their flag at my base.  I was waiting for my team to kill and I was kneeled down with the flag and suddenly it said they scored.  I was in complete disbelief because even the dev (tank) said that it isn't possible to score when the flag is gone.  

I'm pretty sure the normal flag was only capped once, but it really doesn't matter if your flag is there or not for the bonus flag.

You know, I swear to GOD that this one match something really wacky happened.  I grabbed the flag and was running for my life.  A little while later it said that my team mate grabbed their flag but I still had it and I didn't see the gods will interrupt timer or anything but the guy said it was the bonus flag.  

Message 4 of 8 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Jan 7, 2013
of course i haven't had any troubles at all, when in a match. maybe it's your internet or your host, but so far i've had zero lag issues. no teleporting character, no stuttering, etc. no nothing. i don't consider a failed grapple as lag because the mechanics that SM put it are so iffy they have that stupid arc that has a bright/dim crap i mean why display a dim arc when you can't even grapple an enemy that way? might as well not display it.

i don't think tank is a dev. he's the community manager. secondly, ALL of my ctf matches, you can place the enemy flag on the bonus flag base. why? because it says RETURN on it. i don't know what's more stupid, that mechanic, or the mechanic where you can just steal the flag, rendering half of your team as useless sitting ducks. thinking about it, it might not be a glitch at all and that's how it should work. what made you (or anyone) think it's a glitch anyway?

true, that's why it's a stupid mechanic.

the only thing that drives me crazy is that one ledge where everyone gets stuck. you can't run with the flag, so once you miss your jump, you're stuck on that ledge forever.
Message 5 of 8 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9691 posts

Jan 7, 2013

Rumba_Lumba wrote:
of course i haven't had any troubles at all, when in a match. maybe it's your internet or your host, but so far i've had zero lag issues. no teleporting character, no stuttering, etc. no nothing. i don't consider a failed grapple as lag because the mechanics that SM put it are so iffy they have that stupid arc that has a bright/dim crap i mean why display a dim arc when you can't even grapple an enemy that way? might as well not display it.

i don't think tank is a dev. he's the community manager. secondly, ALL of my ctf matches, you can place the enemy flag on the bonus flag base. why? because it says RETURN on it. i don't know what's more stupid, that mechanic, or the mechanic where you can just steal the flag, rendering half of your team as useless sitting ducks. thinking about it, it might not be a glitch at all and that's how it should work. what made you (or anyone) think it's a glitch anyway?

true, that's why it's a stupid mechanic.

the only thing that drives me crazy is that one ledge where everyone gets stuck. you can't run with the flag, so once you miss your jump, you're stuck on that ledge forever.

Well latency, lag...w/e it is there is definitely issues with connectivity between players.  I don't use specific words when dealing with most situations.  Like on Uncharted everyone calls it blind fire even though it's hip fire...just how it goes.  Much like how I call people who take no damage when hit directly with an attack lagging, or when the grapple system doesn't work.  I honestly think THAT is lag because it worked so well in the past...when they fixed it the first time that thing ran like a well oiled machine but when the servers came back up it was almost as bad as before they fixed it.  

It has to be a glitch...it really doesn't make much sense.  It says "return" on YOUR flag spot as it should, but I've never seen the god flag say that I could return an enemy flag to that position.  It also just cuts the effort in half...just grab the flag and jump down to the god flag...that's at least half the walking distance to score and the maps are already ridiculously small.  

Also the whole...scoring while your flag is gone thing needs to be fixed.  

Message 6 of 8 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 7, 2013

uhhh..grapple has no lag for me. players can grapple me just fine. the only irritating (and perhaps a design choice) is for players to stop as they grapple, which means if it's a failed grapple, your roadrunner will gain more distance on you.

what?! ALL of my CTF matches (and no, i'm not exaggerating. i mean ALL) of them says RETURN on the bonus flag base.

i might have to play more, but i think it will say RETURN on the god flag base if your own flag is also stolen. but yes, it's nowhere near a glitch. why? because if it is, the RETURN indicator shouldn't appear. art assets and code work and stream through different pipelines and are not mutually *inclusive.

what we need are better players. the mechanic is flawed, but if people know what they're doing (on BOTH teams), it's much more suspenseful than Team Favour no doubt. i've had a couple of matches where it ended up 5-4 and were with and against good players and i'll tell you it was the most fun game i've had in this beta.

Message 7 of 8 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
849 posts

Jan 7, 2013

You can cap the opponent's flag at the spot where the bonus flag appears.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/God-of-War-Ascension-Multiplayer/Beta-Updates-amp-Capture-The...

Erebus..jpg
Message 8 of 8 (69 Views)
0 Likes