Jan 19 2013
By: SirCrush Wastelander 869 posts

Ares sword is growing on me...

3 replies 381 views Edited Jan 19, 2013

So I had previously agreed that this sword was a garbage weapon but I don't so much anymore. It is meant for a high Physical Power, I believe, with an added Elemental power to boot.

Okay, so the stagger effect after a L1+triangle ain't always reliable for a followup grapple, but the power it has with the right loadout is amazing...that and the L1+square special makes for some INTERESTING combos...

It is, in my opinion, the hardest weapon to use in this demo but OH SO satisfying and LETHAL if used correctly. I am still working on my combos and timing with it but it is an okay weapon.

That being said, I find myself scoring MUCH better with the other swords, having an easier time in combat and more overall success with all of them. I gotta think there is more to the Ares sword than meets the eye though...L1+square combos don't do quite enough damage and are unreliable at best...

Aw hell it's just fun to use. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 4 (381 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Re: Ares sword is growing on me...

Jan 19, 2013

I just started trying to lvl up my Cerberus Sword but I keep going back to the Ares Sword. It just feels a little easier for me to work with. And business is good. Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 4 (348 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
869 posts

Jan 19, 2013

Ooh I was beasting with that CerBerus blade for awhile...that thing is fun to use!

Ares Blade is still hit and miss for me. But still getting better...them combos. Ever wanna challenge yourself, go with Ares' sword!

Message 3 of 4 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2013

Regarding the CerBerus blade, are the specials on it magic damage based or physical? ie the fire effect....

Message 4 of 4 (326 Views)
0 Likes