Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Re: Ares: God of Flags?

Jan 5, 2013

Goldhawk1 wrote:
I liked the mino hammer but when I used it it was bugged... it was like 75 attack at level 1, level 2 it had 45 attack so I stopped using it...it was pretty nice might use it again.

**bleep**. That hammer is awesome. I guess ppl were telling the truth about the massive dmaage potential. Also, the DoT seems to work a lot more when using the minotaur hammer. It launches like everytime. The combos are a lot more rewarding than using the same old sword combos.

Message 11 of 12 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Re: Ares: God of Flags?

Jan 7, 2013

RichYungThaBest wrote:

DevIsStating wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:
I absolutely flipped out the last few times I saw you dev. You threw the hammer at me once... from so far away you were like on this bridge and I was sprinting away the hammer went up and over the walls on the top part of the map surrounding the lever for the spike trap...it was so far and so absurd I almost broke my controller. Like, I'll miss the hammer at like point blank ranges... I'll jump and throw it only to have it explode right above my head for some reason.

Then you kept kicking me off the map and that never works for me...then one time you like kicked me and I went to the edge of the map...I was just laying there and I was like "omfg thank god I would have lost it" THEN SUDDENLY I fall THROUGH the map...through the goddamn rocks. I was so mad... I had a headache for like an hour.

LOLOL Its alright man, I was raging like crazy too, but this game is alot of fun especially when you are out numbered and you reverse the odds on people. I told you I have a secret technique to throwing people off the edge. It's all about grabs and that hammer. That minotaur hammer L1 triangle attack launches people after they have already hit the ground. That makes throwing people off the edge so easy when you are fighting in corners or anywhere near an edge. Also whenyou throw people, many people don't realize that you can manipulate where you throw them by holding the analog stick. When you use those together you become a beast

really? You can control the direction of the throw? I was about to suggest they let that happen in the next patch. Thanks for the tidbit about the mino's L1 triangle hitting ppl even when they hit the ground. Can you help me with the L1 square combo? I have seen ppl use that then use square 3 more times to combo me, but it NEVER works when I do it.

The only way you can control the direction of the throw is if you grapple someone while they are on the ground. Meaning either sprinting, dodging, failing a grapple etc. It doesn't work if you are in the air yourself or if you kick them in the air and grapple. This helps a lot in Favor of the Gods. If you are at the bottom of the map and your enemy is sprinting towards you from the top, they cannot see you thus you get an easy grapple which you can direct against the spiky walls. Gets you an easy punctured plus a fast kill if they are half hp. If not half hp then it still damages them a alot. 

A tip for new players, don't ever sprint from the top to the bottom. You will start to regret that a lot.

Message 12 of 12 (109 Views)
0 Likes