Jan 05 2013
By: ElementDuck Lombax Warrior 205 posts

Ares: God of Flags?

11 replies 178 views Edited Jan 5, 2013

Well, it turns out you can seriously manipulate an Ares character to easily claim the flag.

With Eye of the Wolf (Shield), you scare off attackers and gain temporary invulnerability for your bunny hopping adventure. What's more, is that you can currently use Ares Inferno – as others have pointed out – to fly back to your Flag.

If you have two uses and a full magic bar, there's pretty much no stopping you.

Seems like there's some balancing to be done for Flag Bearers.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (178 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9466 posts

Re: Ares: God of Flags?

Jan 5, 2013
Well to be fair Zeus players can do the same thing with items...hell they can even fly across the map too with the teleport item.

The ares inferno thing is pretty crazy. But it's not like Zeus can't use his magic to manipulate the game either. If you're being chased just pop out a lightning mine and they're stuck there while you bunny hop across the map.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 5, 2013

Zeus has the exact same invulrenable sheild. They can also use their teleport to get there faster. Plus, they can use any of their magic to stun and push enemies back extremely easy.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (152 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Jan 5, 2013

ElementDuck wrote:

Well, it turns out you can seriously manipulate an Ares character to easily claim the flag.

With Eye of the Wolf (Shield), you scare off attackers and gain temporary invulnerability for your bunny hopping adventure. What's more, is that you can currently use Ares Inferno – as others have pointed out – to fly back to your Flag.

LOL I seriously can't play this game anymore... the hardcore players cheat so much its not even fun, the whole game consist of bunny hopping and hammer bros. Its not hard enough to fight 4 guys at once spamming magic, but hey lets use hammers also and not only will we smash you with them but we will throw them while you are fighting someone else.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9466 posts

Jan 5, 2013

DevIsStating wrote:

ElementDuck wrote:

LOL I seriously can't play this game anymore... the hardcore players cheat so much its not even fun, the whole game consist of bunny hopping and hammer bros. Its not hard enough to fight 4 guys at once spamming magic, but hey lets use hammers also and not only will we smash you with them but we will throw them while you are fighting someone else.

I kind of agree, hardcore fighting in this game is silly an untraditional.  

The power weapons spawn way too much too.  Though I'm surprised YOU are complaining about the hammer, as you've thrown it from impossible angles once or twice yourself, onto my dome (head).  

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (137 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Jan 5, 2013

Goldhawk1 wrote:

DevIsStating wrote:

ElementDuck wrote:

I kind of agree, hardcore fighting in this game is silly an untraditional.  

The power weapons spawn way too much too.  Though I'm surprised YOU are complaining about the hammer, as you've thrown it from impossible angles once or twice yourself, onto my dome (head).  

LOL bro all i do is throw hammers and throw people off the cliff, thats like the only way to survive now. Especially when you are fighting like 4 people at once. I bash the hammer alot, but its saved my **bleep** too many times.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9466 posts

Jan 5, 2013
I absolutely flipped out the last few times I saw you dev. You threw the hammer at me once... from so far away you were like on this bridge and I was sprinting away the hammer went up and over the walls on the top part of the map surrounding the lever for the spike trap...it was so far and so absurd I almost broke my controller. Like, I'll miss the hammer at like point blank ranges... I'll jump and throw it only to have it explode right above my head for some reason.

Then you kept kicking me off the map and that never works for me...then one time you like kicked me and I went to the edge of the map...I was just laying there and I was like "omfg thank god I would have lost it" THEN SUDDENLY I fall THROUGH the map...through the goddamn rocks. I was so mad... I had a headache for like an hour.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (128 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Jan 5, 2013

Goldhawk1 wrote:
I absolutely flipped out the last few times I saw you dev. You threw the hammer at me once... from so far away you were like on this bridge and I was sprinting away the hammer went up and over the walls on the top part of the map surrounding the lever for the spike trap...it was so far and so absurd I almost broke my controller. Like, I'll miss the hammer at like point blank ranges... I'll jump and throw it only to have it explode right above my head for some reason.

Then you kept kicking me off the map and that never works for me...then one time you like kicked me and I went to the edge of the map...I was just laying there and I was like "omfg thank god I would have lost it" THEN SUDDENLY I fall THROUGH the map...through the goddamn rocks. I was so mad... I had a headache for like an hour.

LOLOL Its alright man, I was raging like crazy too, but this game is alot of fun especially when you are out numbered and you reverse the odds on people. I told you I have a secret technique to throwing people off the edge. It's all about grabs and that hammer. That minotaur hammer L1 triangle attack launches people after they have already hit the ground. That makes throwing people off the edge so easy when you are fighting in corners or anywhere near an edge. Also whenyou throw people, many people don't realize that you can manipulate where you throw them by holding the analog stick. When you use those together you become a beast

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9466 posts

Jan 5, 2013
I liked the mino hammer but when I used it it was bugged... it was like 75 attack at level 1, level 2 it had 45 attack so I stopped using it...it was pretty nice might use it again.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 5, 2013

DevIsStating wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

LOLOL Its alright man, I was raging like crazy too, but this game is alot of fun especially when you are out numbered and you reverse the odds on people. I told you I have a secret technique to throwing people off the edge. It's all about grabs and that hammer. That minotaur hammer L1 triangle attack launches people after they have already hit the ground. That makes throwing people off the edge so easy when you are fighting in corners or anywhere near an edge. Also whenyou throw people, many people don't realize that you can manipulate where you throw them by holding the analog stick. When you use those together you become a beast

really? You can control the direction of the throw? I was about to suggest they let that happen in the next patch. Thanks for the tidbit about the mino's L1 triangle hitting ppl even when they hit the ground. Can you help me with the L1 square combo? I have seen ppl use that then use square 3 more times to combo me, but it NEVER works when I do it.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (110 Views)
0 Likes