Sackboy
490 posts

Re: Are they Nerfing any gods in a patch?

Mar 21, 2013

d1v4d wrote:
^I use it when I hit the enemy away or when they're parried. I rarely do it when I'm fighting 1 on 1. I'm loving it. I wanted to switch a few days ago cause I couldn't get anything in. Turns out it was just lag.

Lag you say?  Did you check your router, it's probably your router.

Message 31 of 52 (179 Views)
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Mar 21, 2013
Must've been my router. Just bought a new one, works fine. Well, problem solved.
 photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 32 of 52 (171 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Mar 21, 2013

I have only encountered a few players that have used such an easy set up that any form of engagement was essentially pointless. I only use poseidon, personel choice, so I don't know the name of the weapon, but there is a sword of ares that practically gives the user the blades of chaos, or "Rage mode" as it is called when you go on a death streak. The range is ridiculous for a sword, which should have the least range amoung the weapons available. Aswell, there is a sword of hades that allows the user to go into the ground and then jump out and launch an unblockable attack. Considering the users is already in a state of practical invulnerability, the attack should not be unblockable as well. Especially understanding that Hades is the master of cooldowns, and if built properly, a Hades character could use L1/\, break block or juggle the opponent, perform a regular combo, then dive back underground to repeat the process. A solution to this ability would be to give the opponent to the chance to "grab" the Hades character out of the ground, similar to what Kratos does to wriaths, though clearly to a lesser degree of damage and vulnerability. That, and lowering the kill potential of the Zeus magic that sucks everyone in and then blows up, are my only concerns for nerfing.

Message 33 of 52 (162 Views)
Highlighted
Splicer
88 posts

Mar 21, 2013

XKizaruX wrote:

I have only encountered a few players that have used such an easy set up that any form of engagement was essentially pointless. I only use poseidon, personel choice, so I don't know the name of the weapon, but there is a sword of ares that practically gives the user the blades of chaos, or "Rage mode" as it is called when you go on a death streak. The range is ridiculous for a sword, which should have the least range amoung the weapons available. Aswell, there is a sword of hades that allows the user to go into the ground and then jump out and launch an unblockable attack. Considering the users is already in a state of practical invulnerability, the attack should not be unblockable as well. Especially understanding that Hades is the master of cooldowns, and if built properly, a Hades character could use L1/\, break block or juggle the opponent, perform a regular combo, then dive back underground to repeat the process. A solution to this ability would be to give the opponent to the chance to "grab" the Hades character out of the ground, similar to what Kratos does to wriaths, though clearly to a lesser degree of damage and vulnerability.

I agree with this, but this:

XKizaruX wrote:

That, and lowering the kill potential of the Zeus magic that sucks everyone in and then blows up, are my only concerns for nerfing.

Is the same to ask to nerf Poseidon's tanking roll.

Message 34 of 52 (152 Views)
Wastelander
634 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 21, 2013

Grap hades when hes submerged? its the same as i could grap you when u use L+triangle and i could grapple you...thats just BS you have more than enough points when you graple...ITS EASY TO EVADE! dont be hasty..just wait and evade.simple. you can allready graple when launched,evaded,after combo and when in vunerability state..and you want even more grapple? i would limit graple points if i had the power,there is allready too much weakpoints when you can grapple enemy. or should i teach how to win hades with that sword? if there only was 1vs1 mode...

and off the record i would remove Zeus sparkleball and replace it with real lightning spear that has been in god of war saga and actually have ranged magic that can be thrownd at opponet at reasonable range and ofc reasonable damage too.

Message 35 of 52 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
527 posts

Mar 21, 2013
The underground Hades special attack from the level 9 sword isn't perfect and sometimes I don't hit someone.

And the cooldown for that attack doesn't come back that quick.
Message 36 of 52 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
634 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 21, 2013

Hades sword has been discussed so much that i think im gonna puke,im gonna start using it just to make people rage more. and unlimited cooldown item and all im gonna do dive and dive and flyyyyy,im like adolphin! who is swimming and jumping

Message 37 of 52 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Mar 21, 2013

Hades sword? Parry.

Message 38 of 52 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1497 posts

Mar 21, 2013
Please don't drastically nerf any God. It's still way too soon. I haven't encountered any God I would deem OP.

Anyone talking about a nerf to Zeus is crazy. Magic is all he has. His base physical attack, defence and health are all horrible. Plus balance these out with weapons and armour only just take away from his elemental stats. Lightning Storm needs a nerf? It's interruptible. I've died many times while in the middle of using it.

Check out my channel for GoW matches, highlights and other videos.
Message 39 of 52 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
634 posts

Mar 21, 2013
Zeus magic is ridiciosly gimp compared to others,excluding lightning storm.sparkleball is a joke,olympic judgent is a joke...imo terrible,terrible low damage...compared to other gods and Zeus has superior elemental DMG. and i still hate that magic can be blocked...makes me MAD,MAD,GRRRR. i like Zeus though,its a challenge because hes so weak to physical or magic attacks.
Message 40 of 52 (79 Views)
0 Likes