Decided to re-watch the livestream again (since I won't be able to try the gauntlets til later today) and I noticed Tank mention something towards the end after the 28min of the second video. Links are below if you missed the stream and wanna check them out.
Video 1 (Hades and Nemean Gauntlets; some audio problems present at beginning)
Video 2 (features more Hades and Nemean gauntlet action; 2 matches on Archimedes' Furnace map)
In video 2, while speaking with 2 of the other Devs, Tank mentioned Archimedes' Furnace could maybe/perhaps be their last large map for the MP. Not sure if this is true or could be to just fake out ppl (like when they wouldn't comment about the 1v1 mode during their first livestream)... but if true, that would be rather disappointing IMO.
I'm sure if there was enough demand (at least I'm hoping so), more large maps will be developed. Kinda along the same lines that if there was enough demand for a 5th allegiance, they would consider implementing one (in the livestream chat comments, I think it was Gypsy typing for SSM basically said "Unfortunately there's no plans for a 5th allegiance at this time. apologies"). There's always hope I guess.
Anyway, don't misjudge this as a complaint thread. I'm merely just making an observation based on what was said during the livestream and what others' thoughts were about it.
Overall, the livestream was cool and I enjoyed it. Brief summary below if you missed it:
- got to see Hades and Nemean gauntlets in action; plus yay for free weekend preview (ends Monday morning I believe 24hrs ahead of their release on Tues)
- got to see 2 matches in the new large map, Archimedes' Furnace... which looks great!
- they mentioned gauntlets will be out Tues (first set of 6: Ares, Zeus, Hades, Poseidon, Gladiator, Nemean)
- Update 1.11 which includes Archemdes' Furnace is being aimed at release towards the end of next wk (check wbesite and social media for further updates)
- didn't elaborate much on the other "surprise" DLC for next wk, however while discussing the Nemean gauntlets mentioned how it was a throwback to GoW3... and that we could see other throwback weapons as well, I think Tank said with next wk's patch... perhaps a hint? (there was also a thread on the forum regarding a twitter msg saying olympus armors would be out next wk too)
Anyway thx again SSM for all the info and peak at the new map! Gauntlets week continues with a free preview, which is awesome for those who want to test them out before thinking about buying them. Have fun punching each other in the faces with metal fists everyone!
Also, Gypsy or Tank if you could comment/clarify on if Archemedes' Furnace will be the "last large map", that would be great too.
Can't wait to start boxing!
Solved! Go to Solution.
Here's the replay from the stream: http://www.twitch.tv/sonysantamonica/c/2763102
Cool gypsy thx, yeah having the video separated with just footage of the map is a good idea.
btw towards the ends of the video, Tank mentioned Archimedes' Furnace could maybe/perhaps be the last large map developed.
Do you have any info about this?
It's definitely possible, given how much space and traps there are. It's pretty big...
I see, thx for the quick response. Will still keep hope alive for the future... a Hecatonchaires map would amazing... one can dream can't they .
I feel that the large maps should have been priority one when it came to maps because it gives it the grand scale of God of War's single player. As of now we only have four large scale maps that have that Epic feel; Desert of Lost Souls (killing Poly), Bog of the Forgotten (Awakening the Gorgon which we should have been able to kill too), Labyrinth of Dadelous (moving blocks which there should have been more of), and Walls of Troy (which good as it is). The Whirlpool of Alecto is the exception but it's only Match of Champions.