Sackboy
494 posts

Re: Apollo as the 5th god makes no sense

Apr 20, 2013
Because It's the prequel to the whole saga & they are allowed to introduce anyone they please. ..That is like saying What was the point of introducing the furies or the Oracle of Delphi...
Message 31 of 39 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
501 posts

Apr 20, 2013
Yeah let's Introduce a god that kratos never meets nor ever talks about again just cause it's a prequel. At least the furies have combos and BoC moves named after them in MULTIPLE games the only time I recap ever hearing apollos named even mentioned in a gow game besides ascension was gow 3 with the bow and that was just a name. No backstory on it or anything. See where I'm going with this? Helios would be a much better choice or hell I'd even take Hercules over Apollo
Message 32 of 39 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

Apr 20, 2013
Kratos would be dope but wouldn't his skillset be just like that of Ares.
Diseus
Message 33 of 39 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

Apr 20, 2013
Herc is not a God, and Helios has a hammer. We've already been over this. Apollo has no common weapon, and therefore makes the most sense.
Diseus
Message 34 of 39 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Apr 20, 2013

I believe you climb the Statue of Apollo in GoW...2? I forget which one. Also, of course, in Ascension.

Message 35 of 39 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
501 posts

Apr 20, 2013
huh? i dont remember that in GOW 2...
Message 36 of 39 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1944 posts

Apr 20, 2013

Helios, Artemis, and Athena already have armor and weapons in the game so it made it so they cant be the 5th god. Apollo doesn't and it makes more sense for him to be it as it mentions him the most in Ascension. Also GoW3 had the bow of Apollo, which means he was mention in other games and they mention stuff about him in the comics also, which are canon.

Apollo is one of those mysterious gods in the god of war universe, and it would fit perfectly to make his appearance in the MP. This makes it so he is finally revealed and that he will still be a mysterious character. He is still the most likely canditate for being the 5th god.

Helios was the god of the sun (actually he is a titan not olympian and it still doesnt say he is an olympian in the god of war universe),until he disappeared and Apollo took his throne as the god of the sun. This was technically the only way to explain why the Romans decided to make Apollo the god of the sun not the current god in ancient times, Helios.

Message 37 of 39 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1355 posts

Apr 20, 2013

SirCrush wrote: 

I still say it'll be Apollo. He's the only major God without his own Armor/Weapon named after him. Although it COULD be Kratos...

The only thing is Kratos didn't officially become a god until he killed Ares and took his throne as the new God of War at the end of GoW1. That why I don't feel like he's a possibility... interesting thought tho.

Try "Die for Olympus" in GoWA MP. Click sig to see how
Message 38 of 39 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
820 posts

Apr 20, 2013
If Kratos is the fifth god, it'd be hilar. But not likely because the weapons for Kratos allegiance would becrazy and also because you, the multiplayer character, was asking from help from gods, not from Kratos, who was trying to save him but failed to do so. Remember that cinematic part?
Message 39 of 39 (101 Views)
0 Likes