Fender Bender
2926 posts

Re: Another random- Spartacus Legends

Jul 1, 2013
That's what I figured. Oh well, at least I don't really lose anything major from deleting them. I've heard they can die and be revived too but I haven't come across that yet.

Hades vs Kratos on Make A Gif
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif
Message 41 of 59 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1355 posts

Jul 1, 2013

Vampire_Damian wrote:
That's what I figured. Oh well, at least I don't really lose anything major from deleting them.

The only thing you will lose are the perks/boosts that are on that gladiator. But yeah all the weps and armor you get to keep.

Try "Die for Olympus" in GoWA MP. Click sig to see how
Message 42 of 59 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2926 posts

Jul 1, 2013
You can save the boost they're using, just unequip it before deleting the gladiator. Losing the perks does kinda suck since what you get/when you get it seem kinda random for the most part.

Message 43 of 59 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1355 posts

Jul 1, 2013

Vampire_Damian wrote:
You can save the boost they're using, just unequip it before deleting the gladiator.

Ooh good to know, thx. Decided to change up my sig a bit to do some advertising lol. Clicking on it will take you to the official Ubisoft forum page for the game.

Don't get me wrong I think it's fun for a free download, but I'm not about to put actual cash into it in its current state. That's just me though.

Message 44 of 59 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2926 posts

Jul 2, 2013
^ Agreed. It's a great free game but it still needs a few tweaks before I'd spend money on it. I checked out the forums and it made me glad I haven't played any online matches yet. So many lost gladiators...until they can fix the whole disconnects resulting in disappearing gladiators thing, I'm not touching the online or considering spending money. Offline against the CPU fighters is good enough for me. Though I do wish it had offline (local) play.

Message 45 of 59 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1355 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 2, 2013

Just a head's up to ppl. Apparently if your game freezes midmatch or you get disconnected from the Spartacus Legends server while midmatch, when you re-enter the game you'll get a warning saying that the crowd is angry because your gladiator quit the fight and that next time, he will be killed. Happened to be twice already vs the CPU, thankfully with 2 different gladiators tho so I just got away with a warning.

Already posted this on the Ubisoft forums, just wanted to make ppl aware of it here. Plenty of ppl have lost gladiators too when playing online vs other players due to RQing (both players get a warning the first time; second time both will be killed). A post from one of the forum moderators said they are looking into the issue.

EDIT:

The same warning will happen if you get disconnected from PSN while midmatch. Try avoid playing during a thunderstorm or when there' a chance your power may go out lol.

Message 46 of 59 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1355 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2013

Tip: some weps/armors will become cheaper as you increase your fame rank

So as you rank up, new weps/armors are added for you to be able to purchase. Some of these items have a fame rank in the left upper corner of their pic. If you achieve that fame rank, then the item will be offered at a discounted price! For example there was a weapon that I liked but it cost 15 gold; when I selected it basically it said this item has not been "unlocked" yet but once you achieve the fame rank required it will cost ~11000 silver; it then asks you if you want it right away and are willing to pay this higher price... I said no since I can wait Smiley Very Happy. Some of the weps/armors that cost gold will still cost gold, but the discount is still pretty good.

You can check the discount for any of the weps/armors with a fame rank in the left corner by selecting it, BUT DON'T CONFIRM THE PURCHASE... otherwise you'll buy it.

Just a head's up to ppl who might not know. Thought it would be helpful to know in terms of what stuff to get right away and what to hold out for.

Message 47 of 59 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
808 posts

Jul 3, 2013
Appreciate it bro, they do increase they amount a **bleep** load
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 48 of 59 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
808 posts

Jul 3, 2013
*the
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 49 of 59 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1355 posts

Jul 4, 2013

Tip: how to try to avoid an execution if you think you'll lose the match (NOTE - might not work all the time)

Basically if you're taking a lot of dmg and the crowd meter is glowing in favor of your opponent, just back off for a little bit and play defensely while watching your opponent's crowd meter. It will start to decrease if they don't land any hits on you (the same goes for your own meter; if you don't land hits/combos it will decrease too). Once it's back to zero, then resume the offensive against your opponent.

This has helped me a couple of times when facing the CPU in a match I knew I would likely lose; I got beat but my gladiator managed to not get killed. The reason why I say this doesn't always work is because the CPU will try to rush you occassionally and be more aggressive, especially at the higher lethalities. Also the crowd meter tends to fill up more quickly in higher lethality arenas (i.e. more ppl in the crowd want to see blood lol).

Also this strategy might not work against online opponents (i.e. other player controlled gladiators), although I did see a few ppl post on the ubisoft forums that they tend to hold back a little so as not to kill their opponent's gladiator, which could be a show of sportsmanship... or they don't want to make the other person RQ Smiley Tongue

Anyway, hope this helps.

Message 50 of 59 (174 Views)
0 Likes