Sackboy
459 posts

Re: Another random- Spartacus Legends

Jun 29, 2013
They just messaged me a code for 50 gold.
Message 11 of 59 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
808 posts

Jun 29, 2013
Yea, me 2 ­čśü, I just had to re download the entire game again though.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 12 of 59 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1354 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 30, 2013

Yeah I started playing this a couple of days ago too... more fun than I thought it would be. If you're a fan of the Spartacus TV show from Starz, I think you'll like the game.

Haven't played online yet since I heard some ppl losing their characters if they got dc'd in the middle of a match (or was this fixed?). Anyway, the fact that your gladiators can potentially die if you lose has me playing a bit more conservatively... want to avoid spending in-game silver/gold to keep ressurecting them. Running a ludus is risky business... but it's cool.

Definitely won't be spending actual money on the game, but it's pretty good for a freebie  IMO.

Try "Die for Olympus" in GoWA MP. Click sig to see how
Message 13 of 59 (281 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
989 posts

Jun 29, 2013
I like it a lot ofcourse there are some bugs but overall its decent. Very diffcult in the later points it almost forces you to need real money and at that point ill stop but until then its ok just gotta keep my guys alive cause if I lose them all its over. Btw has anyone got to a point where u start earning gold for fights?

Competition? Why yes, I would love some.
Message 14 of 59 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1354 posts

Jun 30, 2013

Here's the link to the Ubisoft Spartacus Legends forums in case anyone was looking for it:

http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/441-Spartacus-Legends?s=da6db91298446a74cb5aa946d3642548

Message 15 of 59 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
808 posts

Jun 30, 2013
@cow no u only lose ur fighter over n over r die. N the online is pretty hard lol I won about 3 out of 4 matches.

Message 16 of 59 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2926 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 30, 2013

I love it so far. Don't know about others but I'm only fame level 9 at this point. There were a couple serious bugs at first but they were fixed pretty promptly, correctly and we got compensated. Also, it's free. I think people were setting themselves up for disappointment if they were really expecting GoW MP to be like Spartacus. GoW MP is more gory SSB-knockoff style and was never meant to be anything like Spartacus.

Also, just noticed I can play music on my PS3 during the game, so more points for Spartacus. Odd thing is I'm playing Ascension's soundtrack and I can hear it better than I can in Ascension.

Hades vs Kratos on Make A Gif
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif
Message 17 of 59 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
808 posts

Jun 30, 2013
I actually think that this game takes more skill than gowa. Now I could be wrong, but there is no jump slicing, no shield-like aura when you parry n they just hit it and become parried, no 100% combos, no magic, no relic or item, etc.

Now I personally think that takes skill to fight like that and win. Lol again a could be wrong ­čśü

Message 18 of 59 (220 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
889 posts

Jun 30, 2013
I absolutely love the game..I thought it would be an awful movie licensed pay-to-win game with atrocious graphics and stiff gameplay... Besides stuff like voice acting and graphics I was wrong, you do grind quite a bit though.
Message 19 of 59 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1354 posts

Jun 30, 2013

big-boss-1641 wrote:
I absolutely love the game..I thought it would be an awful movie licensed pay-to-win game with atrocious graphics and stiff gameplay... Besides stuff like voice acting and graphics I was wrong, you do grind quite a bit though.

Yeah, it does involve grinding if you want to rank up and accumulate gold that way. Alternatively if you shell out real money, you can get some gold right away and grab some of the higher end stuff sooner vs later.

Wouldn't that technically be a form of "pay-2-win"? Just asking. Of course you would still need the technical skill to win actual matches even though you have good gear.

Bit concerned about the long term for the game... hopefully Ubisoft continues to support it... in the end though, it was a free download and will be a fun ride while it lasts.

Message 20 of 59 (205 Views)
0 Likes