Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Re: All the complaints about lag, it'll improve

Jan 9, 2013

Goldhawk1 wrote:
We aren't talking about trying to grapple someone when they don't have a halo over their head...that's monstrously obvious. What we mean is when they DO have a halo over their head be it when they're running, dodging, getting launched or they fail grapple. You try to hook em and it just bounces off when there IS a halo over their head.

never had that problem.

either that, or the arc became too dim. that's one of my main complaint. it seems that the arc has to be uber bright (or wide, whatever) for you to successfully grapple them. meaning, if there's like a tiny pint of arc over their heads or a very thin one, it means that grapple will only have a low chance of success. 

which then begs the question, why put a bright/dim probability arc over an enemy's head rather than an arc/no arc mechanic where the arc only appears when you can totally 100% grapple them? i hate that crap. 

ever wondered why sometimes the gold arcs over their heads shine brighter and sometimes it's just a thin, dimly-lit arc? yeah, that's why.

other than that crap, no. never had a problem with lag.

Message 11 of 18 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2013

IGN=Ignore Our Gaming Notions...

The fact SSM is claiming they have solved lag issues, or more important latency over a network is very humerous. They are using prediction values, which don't elimate latency just merly mask it.

I'd like a Dev to chime in this thread and just merly tell me what is GOD multiplayer frames per second, with a value of 30fps you're already looking at input latency alone to be over 100ms, that's without internet latency added in.

Message 12 of 18 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Jan 9, 2013

I have to admit it but eventhough I am having a blast playing this game lag is getting pretty bad. I had a brutal kill done on me and I just got back up and kept killing people. Things like this is happening more often than not. I just guess that you are one of the lucky few if you are not having this problem.

Message 13 of 18 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2013

Here's a funny one, and this isn't the first time it's happened.

On my screen I killed a player it even popped up and said, KILL in red. Only for the player to get back up with one tick of health. He never used an L2 escape during the kill.

So to break it down.

Not only does the game lag.

The game has input latency problems.

The game has trouble deciding/error checking what takes places on the client, and or the host.

The game displays major discrepancies visual, and also has trouble deciding which data is more true, before initiating ingame ques.

I'd imagine host picking and match making are just as broken currently leading to many poor/high latency games, the algorithm simply isn't tuned up to snuff.

Message 14 of 18 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Jan 9, 2013

FieryCaptain wrote:

On my screen I killed a player it even popped up and said, KILL in red. Only for the player to get back up with one tick of health. He never used an L2 escape during the kill.

So to break it down.

The game has trouble deciding/error checking what takes places on the client, and or the host.

The game displays major discrepancies visual, and also has trouble deciding which data is more true, before initiating ingame ques.

Here's another fun one from earlier. I killed someone wielding the Ares Blade just before they attacked me, so their body disappeared. Still, they manage to use both specials before they 'died' and I received the kill. What was interesting about it was watching the spinning flame effect be followed by the 'flame sword' special by a ghost person.

Message 15 of 18 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9807 posts

Jan 9, 2013
It's impossible to fix lag... they said they're 100 MS ahead but what about packet drops or connections over 100 MS.

There's no way to avoid lag. No way. Even people who aren't "facing lag" if it was just about connection issues then players with good connection would have huge amounts of lag during fights against players with terrible connections.
Message 16 of 18 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 9, 2013

ElementDuck wrote:

FieryCaptain wrote:

So to break it down.

Here's another fun one from earlier. I killed someone wielding the Ares Blade just before they attacked me, so their body disappeared. Still, they manage to use both specials before they 'died' and I received the kill. What was interesting about it was watching the spinning flame effect be followed by the 'flame sword' special by a ghost person.

LOL, I was in a match where my opponent and I clashed (he used a launcher, and I used the WW hammer), and he dies. However, he grappled me before he died. His body dissapeared, but the animation still followed and the black cloud continued to put me through the grapple animation. I almost died too.

Message 17 of 18 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Jan 11, 2013

I played to level 30 with Ares before the holiday break.  Been sick since the progress dump on the 8th and just started playing again today.  I have to say, things seem way less responsive now and much more random.  I've seen all kinds of visual/combat hiccups today that I never saw before and in this one-half of a day I've seen more than I saw during the two weeks or so that I played prior.   I know it's a beta and we're playing to try and help improve it but with something like this I don't know how I can.  I guess we have to be patient and trust that they're working on it.

For those that didn't have the chance to play before the 8th I just want to say: try not to be frustrated and have faith in Sony Santa Monica.  The game was playing really well before the beta was opened up to Plus members and I have confidence that they'll get it sorted out again.

Message 18 of 18 (135 Views)
0 Likes