Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 09 2013
By: c3RAMburger Lombax Warrior 144 posts

All the complaints about lag, it'll improve

17 replies 1531 views Edited Jan 9, 2013
This is the first big test of a game that's never had competitive MP before. I had a better experience in the closed beta of the last month than most new MP tests. No lag other than an occasional hiccup before a brutal kill. The gameplay itself isn't meant to be Street Fighter twitch-speed, but think of it more like MK; brutal and more free-form. I'm sure SSM is talented enough to get their netcode running as smooth as possible by launch time.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 18 (1,531 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Re: All the complaints about lag, it'll improve

Jan 9, 2013
It might get better...might... so far it started out good and almost every update it gets worse.... 1.08 made it slightly better, after they brought the servers online again the game dropped in quality pretty quick, lots of lag...but it was still playable.

1.09 made the game completely unplayable. It didn't get better over time, it's getting worse.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 18 (1,520 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Jan 9, 2013

It's been as smooth as last month for me.  Getting into matches is no faster/slower, but I haven't experienced any lag that interferes with gameplay.  Played to level 11 Zeus tonight so a decent amount of matches.  

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 18 (1,503 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Jan 9, 2013
Well, for the people who are experiencing lag it's gotten worse not better. It'd not like a rare few of us have experienced lag...everyone in my clan talks about it a lot so it's not like it's exclusive to a few of us.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 18 (1,493 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 9, 2013

for the first time yesterday, I exp issues with attacks coming out when I did not do them. Hell, I would not have my hand on any buttons, and my character would some some crazy combo on his own. As for the lag question, what many ppl do not understand, is that this game rarely shows lag the way other game does; which is, that things chop up. I have been in maybe 2 matches where that happened, and we got disconnected. The lag in this game is apparent when enemies are avoiding attacks that were shown to hit, or even worse when graples do not conect. They are seemless, but have a massive impact on the game. Next time you try to grapple when yor opponent has the halo over their head, and it does not connect, then that is lag. Next time you witness an enemy dodge roll after your attack lands, then it is lag. Next time both you and your enemy clash attacks and they follow through and do not take damage, then that is lag.

After the 1.09 patch, the lag has gotten worse, but it is only one day. If it is this way next week, then we can complain.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 18 (1,479 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Jan 9, 2013

I havent experienced any lag. Hope it gets worked out for you guys.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 18 (1,474 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Jan 9, 2013

RichYungThaBest wrote:

for the first time yesterday, I exp issues with attacks coming out when I did not do them. Hell, I would not have my hand on any buttons, and my character would some some crazy combo on his own. As for the lag question, what many ppl do not understand, is that this game rarely shows lag the way other game does; which is, that things chop up. I have been in maybe 2 matches where that happened, and we got disconnected. The lag in this game is apparent when enemies are avoiding attacks that were shown to hit, or even worse when graples do not conect. They are seemless, but have a massive impact on the game. Next time you try to grapple when yor opponent has the halo over their head, and it does not connect, then that is lag. Next time you witness an enemy dodge roll after your attack lands, then it is lag. Next time both you and your enemy clash attacks and they follow through and do not take damage, then that is lag.

After the 1.09 patch, the lag has gotten worse, but it is only one day. If it is this way next week, then we can complain.

Exactly this, I've only have ONE match where people were skipping around lag wise...but that could have been due to a ton of different problems.  

But for the most part lag in this game is depicted in combat not working right.  As in, like you said, grapple not working, people not being effected by attacks, people being knocked down into brutal kill mode then just standing up and walking off while gaining health for some reason, people running around with 0 health...literally 0.  

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 18 (1,466 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Jan 9, 2013
^never experienced any of that. no lag for me as well.

ign even made a post about it. http://ca.ign.com/videos/2013/01/09/why-theres-no-lag-in-god-of-war-ascension

grapple not working isn't lag. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. if there are no gold arcs above your enemy's head, then grapple won't work. so far, grapple has worked much better post-patch. you just have to time it right. if you spam the grapple button and whine that it doesn't work, of course it won't.

never had any of those issues like people with zero health walking around or something.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 18 (1,460 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2013

Goldhawk1 wrote:

Exactly this, I've only have ONE match where people were skipping around lag wise...but that could have been due to a ton of different problems.  

But for the most part lag in this game is depicted in combat not working right.  As in, like you said, grapple not working, people not being effected by attacks, people being knocked down into brutal kill mode then just standing up and walking off while gaining health for some reason, people running around with 0 health...literally 0.  

Your post here pretty much captures the essence of my concerns. Sure, there are a bundle of other issues (problems with traps, magic, etc.), but this is what causes me to temporarily stop playing out of frustration.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 18 (1,453 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Jan 9, 2013
We aren't talking about trying to grapple someone when they don't have a halo over their head...that's monstrously obvious. What we mean is when they DO have a halo over their head be it when they're running, dodging, getting launched or they fail grapple. You try to hook em and it just bounces off when there IS a halo over their head.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 18 (1,449 Views)
0 Likes