Jan 11 2013
By: GODOFWAR142 Lombax Warrior 233 posts

Abandoning Game

16 replies 235 views Edited Jan 11, 2013

I can no longer play Team Favor because it seems like that every time my team is losing they all leave. This isn't a problem in Favor because if someone leaves it ok. But on Team it just becomes unbalanced.

There should be a penatly for leaving games or if you guys dont want to do that how about a bonus for not leaving games. Every ten game finished without abanding one could give you a bonus of some sort. Xp, magic increast for a short time, Idk somthing to encorage people to not leave matches.

photo GOWsignature_zps3e9f70f3.png
Message 1 of 17 (235 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Re: Abandoning Game

Jan 11, 2013

I think the idea of rewarding someone is not a good idea because then a player could just be AFK for all 10 matches but there should be an AFK/Leaving game to often penalty or make it to where if you are on the losing team and it is toward the end of the match you aren't allowed to leave.

- FallenAssassin_9
Message 2 of 17 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Jan 11, 2013
I know how you feel. If a team drops below three people (on my side or the enemy), I usually just leave.
Message 3 of 17 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

Jan 11, 2013

What about like if you leave to many matches to quickly then u can't play for a limited time or u suffer a drop of ex on your sword level or somthing like that. Not to serious but serious enought to not wanna do it again.

Message 4 of 17 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

Jan 11, 2013

At ElementDuck

See i tough it out no matter how bad it gets because i don't wanna make it worse for the other players. I only leave if i have too for some reason.

Message 5 of 17 (220 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 11, 2013

This could be solved with a "match time bonus" for the losing team players.  At the end of the round, the losing players will get an amount of XP for sitting through the match.  They won't get the win or any of the perks from winning (such as progression towards new gear), but they'll get experience for levels they can use to improve their magic or item, which will eventually help them kick it up so they can actually fight back.

Message 6 of 17 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Jan 11, 2013
There's actually two things going on here.

One is that people are being randomly booted from the battle. This seems to always be during the cut scene and the first 45 seconds of play after. I think in all my time playing i've only been in 3 full 8 man Favors. Those were so hectic and jarring I have half a mind to recommend making it a 6 man instead (but that's not the topic here).

The other is indeed people leaving by choice, but that closely ties to the first. 4v2 isn't fun. At all. It's very hard at tge moment to justify staying in a handicap match short of indulging masochistic tendencies.
Message 7 of 17 (184 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Jan 11, 2013

Penalty for abandoning (tke away xp) and bonus for playing with a team handicapped. 

done. 

Message 8 of 17 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

Jan 11, 2013
They should allow people to late join matches
Message 9 of 17 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
274 posts

Jan 11, 2013

they do reward people for staying, its called match bonus and gives I think 500 points. However I've ended up in a 1 vs 3 ( me being the 1) match at least 5 times and I stay even though clearly I'm not going to win. I still get pretty good points if they all don't attack me with unblockable moves one after another. I will leave that lobby after the match on principle because I stayed once and it put the teams the same as they were the last time.

Seriously team balancing needs to be worked on.....this isn't even an issue becuase of invites( being on set team with friends in party) yet because they aren't allowing them. If you are allowed to leave matches after they start then the game/servers should allow joining after matches start as well.

There needs to be some search macros going on in the back ground and when a match needs 2 players , if 2 players (together) are trying to get in the match the system starts there for throwing them in the match ( and so on up to 4 , down to 1).

Message 10 of 17 (123 Views)
0 Likes