0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1355 posts

Re: ALL GODS ARE OP!!!!!

Apr 17, 2013

Vanthem wrote:

thelesman wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

But that would mean they are balanced? Right? So why are there Hades/Ares/Zeus/Poseidon is so OP threads and comments?

i think so yes i don't know why people make op threads  

Yes you do.  They make OP threads because they haven't played as those allegiances, just been hammered by them.

Seems like most people that think it's pretty balanced have spent a fair bit of time with every allegiance.

Agreed, once you've spent enough time with each allegiance and figure their strengths/weaknesses, you see the balance.

There's been at least one OP thread for each allegiance, so that's balanced too I suppose lol.

Try "Die for Olympus" in GoWA MP. Click sig to see how
Message 22 of 116 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2802 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Vanthem wrote:

thelesman wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

But that would mean they are balanced? Right? So why are there Hades/Ares/Zeus/Poseidon is so OP threads and comments?

i think so yes i don't know why people make op threads  

Yes you do.  They make OP threads because they haven't played as those allegiances, just been hammered by them.

Seems like most people that think it's pretty balanced have spent a fair bit of time with every allegiance.

ofc atleast get everything max level before u say anything is op i have already played ALOT with al gods

Message 23 of 116 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Apr 17, 2013

That's part of the problem I noticed. A lot of people talking and whining before trying them all. Good point!

Message 24 of 116 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2802 posts

Apr 17, 2013

GOW71 wrote:

That's part of the problem I noticed. A lot of people talking and whining before trying them all. Good point!

yeah most of those threads where on the first week the game was released i think most people realize now the gods are pretty balanced

Message 25 of 116 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2802 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Shishio_Alucard wrote:

Zeus is better than everyone.

i used to think that to not anymore though

Message 26 of 116 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Certain loadouts with Zeus SEEM OP. Also with Poseidon. I'm sure there are ways around those builds...elemental defense for Zeus can allow survival against his incessant spam.

If any God is OP, I'd say possibly Poseidon. A mixture of everything, especially defense and HP along with Elemental Power plus the innate damage of certain weapons to maximize his ability to juggle with ease (Poseidon's Crest) that slow enemies down at low cooldown rates...he's not only tough to kill but easy to kill WITH. THere's really no counter strategy for him.

Message 27 of 116 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Apr 17, 2013
Zeus will kill you if he has magic and the sword of Zeus. It doesn't matter who you are or what class.The tactic magic orb + l1 /\ will kill every class. Other classes have set ups, tech chases, combos etc that must be implemented to kill or survive. Zeus can look for one opening and kill you. Even if you pop an item to escape the initial orb he now has unblockable fast ranged powerful attacks to finish you with and most likely more magic. Only class I have left to finish is Ares and so far their relatively balanced, but equally skilled players using each class; Zeus will win unless he's jumped by everyone.

I'll throw the IMO right here for good measure
Message 28 of 116 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
527 posts

Apr 18, 2013

GOW71 wrote:

I'm not quite to sure I will.  I'm just trying to understand some of the logic kicking around here.  If each god has strengths and weaknesses then it balances out right?

Now don't count in glitches that need to be fixed or lag or anything lack that. Fundamentally what is making a particular alliegance OP? I seem to do well eqally with all of them. 

Zeus - There is this sword which allows you to do very quick, lighting strikes. The sword was featured in some video. I'd say that magic, where he sucks in warriors as he hovers above them and electrocutes them is a bit OP'd. But I intend to start this 4th and final class today. So I will update when I know more.

Poseidon - I have him at Level 30. I wouldn't say he is overpowered. He takes a lot of hits but he doesn't always do a lot of damage.

Hades - The Level 9 Sword is a bit spammy. If anything I think his 3rd magic - Hades Torrent isn't that good.

Ares - He has rubbish relics that are all conditional. There's the double jump relic but Ares have no non-conditional relics.

I wouldn't say any God is overpowered. They just can be a bit much when you have a whole team or being fought with 2 of one class at once.

Message 29 of 116 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Apr 18, 2013

Xavier that magic you mentioned is probably Zeus' LEAST useful lol Olympic Judgment and that Spark Ball are much better. Less damage but both are nearly impossible to avoid once they are used and both can be followed up or, rather, the spark ball can be combo'd DURING which is just brutal. Combine that with the infamous Sword and Zeus runs wild. This game REALLY needs more elemental defense armors. My Ares needs them anyways Smiley Very Happy

Message 30 of 116 (104 Views)