Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 14 2013
By: AccipiterNisus Hekseville Citizen 289 posts

A sad state of affairs.

6 replies 206 views Edited Jun 14, 2013

I am frustrated, disappointed and disheartened all at once as I write this. Yes, this is indeed a, "heat of the moment" thread to let off some steam and reflect on perhaps the most appalling session of this game I have ever had the misfortune of enduring.

Does nobody have any semblance of fair play left within them anymore? Is this community solely comprised of hyperactive teenagers, filled with an urge to kick the pauper while he is down?

I say community, but for all I have ever witnessed beyond the walls of "The Nice Guys" thread and the clan dedicated pages, nothing suggests anyone has any concept of a greater body with social expectations. After having played consecutive games of being the only member left on a team against three or more opponents before the creaking cubes of the Labyrinth had even finished their meanderings, I was presented with the same predicament again.

Me against three foes.

I stood on a precipice. I have never quit a match to this day and I would be damned if I did it now, so I had only two choices. Do I stay on the ledge for the duration or do I jump down, try and hold my own and hope some people have an iota of decency?

I chose the latter. An iota they did not have.

I then succumbed to ten minutes of my three opponents, herding on top of me like a bunch of lecherous frogs on a female, using magic, godly weapons, items, whatever was at their disposal to end me. How people find entertainment in this I'll never know, however on the nine occasions they succeeded, mostly attributed to the cookie-cutter Zeus Sword wielding  Reckoning build fellow, they proceeded to taunt me as if they had somehow overcome some mighty foe or achieved some worthy victory. The only redeeming aspect was that I had managed to retaliate with five kills of my own, softening the blow to some extent, but it has left me feeling tired.

With horrible people such as these swarming into every match, do I even want to bother putting myself in this position anymore? Are the good games which are becoming ever more sparse, worth this? 

In the whole period of my play today, I can remember one fight in which the opponent was both skilled and relatively decent. Him being Ascended of course and I not so, meant that to be victorious I had to essentially "win" the fight several times over to be in an actual position of imminent success. After a gargantuan battle which saw us both one hit away from death, one of his numerically superior team mates leapt into the fray forcing me to dodge allowing my rival to finish me. He then taunted. 

In answer to my previous question, I am leaning towards putting the game back in its case. I have been disappointed with SSM recent offerings and the player base continues to sadden me. Most of you will see this wall of text and walk away. Those of you who don't will recommend I, "dry my eyes" no doubt, but I needed to vent my growing discontent and well, there we have it.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (206 Views)
Lombax Warrior
130 posts

Re: A sad state of affairs.

Jun 14, 2013

...........MUERE MORTAL
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (194 Views)
Sackboy
396 posts

Jun 14, 2013
The state is pretty much the same in 2 vs 2 mode, and in the last 2 days, i have watched my brother play against no enemies for the whole duration of the match, pretty much just waiting for the timer to end while collecting chests. Pretty exciting...

As far as your issue goes, a 3 vs 1 situation is pretty much the same as what i described, it is boring as f uuuuuuuuuck to just wait for the timer to end while collecting chests... you were their only source of "entertainment", maybe the taunts just made them feel good inside i don't know, maybe it was the only FUN they had all day so they made the most of it, because otherwise they just kept losing etc.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1655 posts

Jun 14, 2013

aahh my friend i do feel bad for you 

the only way i have any fun any more is playing with my friends randoms are to dishonorable and dumb (i play mainly team 4v4) it is also sad to note the fact that there is not much community outside of the clan guys the nice guys and Ekia being the main make up of us also metlgearsolid200 from erebus 

anyway i wish you the best of luck in your next undertaking i usually enjoy reading your posts as you wield outstanding logic and wit compared to many on the forums 

- CPT of the Lomabax Preatorian Guard

"don't forget to buy poison arrows in order to f**k you chair"- epic name bro
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
130 posts

Jun 14, 2013

You're right, happened to me many times, only to three, the only thing we can do as a warrior fighting.

the games are like that.

I do not mind the taunts and messages that you believe best. this is a game one win some and sometimes you lose

...........MUERE MORTAL
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
112 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2013

I rarely play by myself lol. I always have SOMEONE in my party lol. 2v4 is much more fun than 1 v 4

photo Finalwaremblems1_zps4e7b1825.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2263 posts

Jun 15, 2013

People play the game like rabid animals and there is no leniency if it's you against the world. Generally I go off and do other things if a team is outnumbered or there is one player left. If they come at me I'll attack back and most likely kill them, but that's what you get when I become passive to give you a chance only for you to go wild.

People simply don't listen. The reason people leave games more than connection issues and lag is simply being over-powered and outnumbered. The grouping system of players is an effing joke. It's the worst for any new player in the game because it is ruined for them from the start.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (92 Views)
0 Likes