Reply
Jan 06 2013
By: alacarpa Hekseville Citizen 347 posts
Offline

A resume of things to be fixed

10 replies 188 views Edited Jan 6, 2013

Im open to opinions, desagrees and if you want you can add something.

 

- DEVS! a lot of people are complaining about Ares. Ares players should have more attack damage, i mean Ares was(or is because this game is a prequel) the GOD OF WAR. I don't understand why you reduce the damage of Ares' warriors. I remember i had like 500 attack damage now the maximun i can get is 385. I think more than 500 is too much, a 420 maximun should do.

But i'll wait for the other gods so i can make sure how they'll affect Zeus and Ares champs.

 

- Now with capture the flag this have been notice by players. The bunny jump... I think a good fix to this is that after 3 or 5 jumps the other player shouldbe able to grapple. Think about it, this would make that people stop jumping around and also would improve the teamwork(everyone will defend the flag carrier)

 

- Make the hammer attack capable to knock people for a second or half a second, too many people use the sword because is as usefull as the hammer but a lot faster. So maybe if hammer player could knock sword player they would have a chance to combo other player easily and don't be in a situation were they only wait in a blind point and make an special attack and then grapple you(doing it during the whole match)

 

- Hope for the 08/01/13 to implement a party system and mics. FotG and CTF are game modes that need this.

 

Well that's all i've seen in the beta so far, feel free to add opinions.

Message 1 of 11 (188 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 12/22/2012
Offline
109 posts
 

Re: A resume of things to be fixed

Jan 6, 2013

Im so addicted to this game every now and then when i am in my combat mode I would forget this game has flaws then I would be slapped back into reality with some zeus infamous swag

Kings are Made in WAR- Leader of Team Street Killas
http://www.youtube.com/user/kingParkerTSK
Message 2 of 11 (174 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 05/29/2012
Offline
157 posts
 

Re: A resume of things to be fixed

Jan 6, 2013

also, increase the range and resposivness of the grappling chain. The game is practically unplayable without a proper grappling system.

 

Please provide more priority moves for the hammer. As it stand, the sworrd has priority over every hammer move.

Message 3 of 11 (159 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 12/18/2012
Offline
205 posts
 

Re: A resume of things to be fixed

Jan 6, 2013
You're making a lot of assumptions about "priority". In my experience, the Hammer has often won out in simultaneous clashes, particularly the Minotaur Hammer.
Message 4 of 11 (155 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 05/29/2012
Offline
157 posts
 

Re: A resume of things to be fixed

Jan 6, 2013

ElementDuck wrote:
You're making a lot of assumptions about "priority". In my experience, the Hammer has often won out in simultaneous clashes, particularly the Minotaur Hammer.

Well, I main the minotaur hammer, and I constantly get beat out in clashes when I use heavy moves, even launchers, and they use a heavy attack. One time, my opponent and I had little life, and he used a launcher, and I used a heavy attack that hit him slightly before he landed.......he won. Ask anyone here that mains the hammer. The hammer has next to no priotity. The jump traingle alone beats out ANY move the hammer has.

Message 5 of 11 (153 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/03/2012
Offline
347 posts
 

Re: A resume of things to be fixed

Jan 6, 2013

ElementDuck wrote:
You're making a lot of assumptions about "priority". In my experience, the Hammer has often won out in simultaneous clashes, particularly the Minotaur Hammer.

Now that i've think about it, te hammer it's ok the way it is. When you use an special attack with the hammer, like 90% of the time it will launch you to the air and give time to be grappled, so let the hammer is ok. 

Message 6 of 11 (147 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/11/2008
Offline
10160 posts
 

Re: A resume of things to be fixed

Jan 6, 2013
I agree with Ares. When I play as an Ares character, it's really really simplistic. He feels just like a "standard warrior" nothing special at all but if you flip over to Zeus you actually feel like a magic beast. You can fight with a standard weapon and do amazing but your primary damage dealer is magic...you don't even NEED it...you just pop it out whenever you really want to make people cry.

But he just feels like a warrior...almost classless or godless I should say since the classes are based on gods.

When you get to a certain point, stats stop helping as much. You can't make a super high defense Ares and you can't make a super high damage Ares. This puts his items and relics into a state of uselessness. Why? Because if you're stacking damage with your armor and weapons and it isn't translating to more damage.

How do I know this? Try it out yourself. When you get to about... 250 to 300 damage You feel like you're doing a bit more damage than say.. 100-200 damage. But then you stack damage to over 400 and you go into battle with it...you're going to notice you taking more damage but the extra damage you added to your stats is negligible. You don't FEEL like you're putting out high damage I honestly feel like I'm putting out barely any more damage than a Zeus would.

I honestly don't know how to fix the class...because if you make that extra damage work, and you make his items/relics really start to hurt like they should feel, I think Ares would be too OP... like his damage would be so insanely high.

But it's not just damage, defense is the same way, eventually the more defense you add it really just starts to not show, which makes me worry about launch... we'll have to see stats in the thousands just to separate the "good" armor from the "bad" armor.

About the hammer...it feels off, it should have priority over attacks really but for some reason the sword has the advantage in almost every situation. Though, I'm used to the clunky feel of the hammer. If I have a hammer I'm like Jesus but if I have a sword I honestly don't know what to do with myself.
Message 7 of 11 (137 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/09/2009
Offline
116 posts
 

Re: A resume of things to be fixed

Jan 6, 2013
They need to work on this netcode ASAP. Since the servers came back online, this game runs like crap. It went from fun to down right annoying. The scary part is, we're in a closed beta with limited people and the game runs poorly. What is gonna hapoen once the beta opens and tons of people join? They're gonna turn away a lot of potential players if they don't fix this mess. Also, the hammer needs a buff in base damage. No way in the world ahould this slower weapon hit just as hard as the much faster sword. Bad enough we have to deal with hits not registering. A slow weapon can't afford to miss hits due to poor coding..
Message 8 of 11 (133 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/11/2008
Offline
10160 posts
 

Re: A resume of things to be fixed

Jan 6, 2013

YaDig07 wrote:
They need to work on this netcode ASAP. Since the servers came back online, this game runs like crap. It went from fun to down right annoying. The scary part is, we're in a closed beta with limited people and the game runs poorly. What is gonna hapoen once the beta opens and tons of people join? They're gonna turn away a lot of potential players if they don't fix this mess. Also, the hammer needs a buff in base damage. No way in the world ahould this slower weapon hit just as hard as the much faster sword. Bad enough we have to deal with hits not registering. A slow weapon can't afford to miss hits due to poor coding..

You're 100% right.  Since the servers came online, the game feels SO different.  Like everything feels so much different than it was before and I really couldn't put my finger on it, but definitely lots of lag.  

Message 9 of 11 (130 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/15/2012
Offline
1499 posts
 

Re: A resume of things to be fixed

Jan 6, 2013

Goldhawk1 wrote:
I agree with Ares. When I play as an Ares character, it's really really simplistic. He feels just like a "standard warrior" nothing special at all but if you flip over to Zeus you actually feel like a magic beast. You can fight with a standard weapon and do amazing but your primary damage dealer is magic...you don't even NEED it...you just pop it out whenever you really want to make people cry.

But he just feels like a warrior...almost classless or godless I should say since the classes are based on gods.

When you get to a certain point, stats stop helping as much. You can't make a super high defense Ares and you can't make a super high damage Ares. This puts his items and relics into a state of uselessness. Why? Because if you're stacking damage with your armor and weapons and it isn't translating to more damage.

How do I know this? Try it out yourself. When you get to about... 250 to 300 damage You feel like you're doing a bit more damage than say.. 100-200 damage. But then you stack damage to over 400 and you go into battle with it...you're going to notice you taking more damage but the extra damage you added to your stats is negligible. You don't FEEL like you're putting out high damage I honestly feel like I'm putting out barely any more damage than a Zeus would.

I honestly don't know how to fix the class...because if you make that extra damage work, and you make his items/relics really start to hurt like they should feel, I think Ares would be too OP... like his damage would be so insanely high.

But it's not just damage, defense is the same way, eventually the more defense you add it really just starts to not show, which makes me worry about launch... we'll have to see stats in the thousands just to separate the "good" armor from the "bad" armor.

About the hammer...it feels off, it should have priority over attacks really but for some reason the sword has the advantage in almost every situation. Though, I'm used to the clunky feel of the hammer. If I have a hammer I'm like Jesus but if I have a sword I honestly don't know what to do with myself.

I think P. Resist isn't working properly, with 430 E. resist at half health, a full powered cone leaves me 1/4 health, w/o it, I'd die yet when I test P. Resist there's no clear difference, same thing for power, you notice difference with E. Power but not with P. Power, I have like 60-100 P.Power on my Minotaur hammer Ares and kill just as fast if not faster than a full power Ares......MAYBE there's a hidden multiplier that if you get multiple hits in one after another, it increases damage, that would explain Minotaur combo being so good

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Message 10 of 11 (115 Views)
Reply
0 Likes