May 30 2013
By: MUGENSHO First Son 15 posts

80 Days Since Launch, Your Thoughts so far?

14 replies 238 views Edited May 30, 2013

English isn’t my first language so bear with me.

The game has been out for 80 days now (NA), and most of the bugs haven’t been addressed by SMS. The matchmaking has improved a bit though.

The bugs/exploits are well documented, however, I’ll address one since I haven’t read any similar solution. World of Warcraft had a good fix for rage quitters. One can’t join a PvP match for 15 minutes after abandoning it. Since GoW often drops players at the start of the match, a 30 seconds grace period might be in order here.

Last month I logged 100 games to see how many matches were affected by rage quitters. Only 37 matches were completed. 13 had 8 players at the end.  4 matches with none of the opposing team remaining.

Since the PlayStation 4 is out this holiday season, SMS is focused on their next PS4 title. After the release of the next MP map dlc my guess they will drop support for GoWA completely. The bugs and exploits are here to stay I’m afraid.

I’ve enjoyed playing the game since launch, except for two and a half weeks break, GoW was the only game I’ve played. The break was due to pain in my right hand after three and half day’s marathon reaching level 40 on all toons after the update launch.

Do you know any multiplayer games similar to GoW MP? Spartacus Legends was pushed back again. I’ve heard good things about Injustice too.

Message 1 of 15 (238 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1206 posts

Re: 80 Days Since Launch, Your Thoughts so far?

May 30, 2013

~My history of this game...~

March 29 : WOO I GOT THE NEW GOD OF WAR! THIS IS AWESOME!

April 1 : Trials of Archimedes is a troll! /rage ... time to try Multiplayer I guess...

April 2 - Now : THIS IS FRIGGIN AWESOME!

How about you?

Message 2 of 15 (230 Views)
First Son
20 posts

May 30, 2013
Hey if you think it was bad it just got even worse yesterday I was on and only finished maybe 5 matches out of 15 where all players were still there in the end.
Message 3 of 15 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

May 30, 2013
The story was lacking. From what I hear, the original story plot would've made the sp portion a lot more enjoyable. The MP is fun, but there are too many reskins/crappy armors and weapons. The God Glitch is ruining the game for me. Also, the servers are complete crap. SSM kinda let me down. I can tell they are trying, but it seems they are digging a deeper hole for themselves.

Message 4 of 15 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

May 30, 2013

Hey SSM why dont you penalize player that rage quit i always stay even if am the last one on my team and whenever i finish a match only to see that the host rage quit is so annoying 12 out of 20 matches i played yesterday this happen

PSN Gamercards
http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/1459/9w9.png
Message 5 of 15 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
289 posts

[ Edited ]
May 30, 2013

Apart from this last week, I have had an absolute blast with the game. 

For a lot of the flak singleplayer took, in many ways (I won't go into) I thought it was actually one of the better God of Wars. 

The multiplayer has been a revelation. I had very little expectation on what it would amount to and was overwhelmingly surprised by how fun it has turned out to be. It occupies a really unique corner of gaming that is extremely rare in this day of homogenised genres and generic multiplayer experiences. 

It blends the potential for skill and expertise with easy to pick up, bash em up gameplay beautifully and maintains the gorgeous style and scale of what you have come to associate with God of War. It has its rough patches and shows many signs of a studio delving into multiplayer for the first time, but for the same reason is an absolute breath of fresh air and I can't wait to get back to it properly.

Message 6 of 15 (194 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
253 posts

May 30, 2013

As someone who's played mostly FPS games on console online, this truly is a unique experience. Loving this game despite the glitches. I fully understand that this is SSM's first multiplayer GoW game and although it can be a mess at times, it's a great game.

Message 7 of 15 (183 Views)
First Son
26 posts

May 30, 2013
Played ten minutes of the single player didnt care for it, then proceeded to give the multiplayer a shot and played it for 4hrs straight. Now I play every night. I enjoyed it so much I bought two copies of the game for my friends to play with and another ps3 so my roommate could play with me.

Its the brutal kills that makes me come back for more. That and making kids rage quit Smiley Tongue
Message 8 of 15 (156 Views)
Last Guardian
11800 posts

May 30, 2013

I ran into a lot of small children on saturday XD

they were SCREAMING after each match haha

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 9 of 15 (152 Views)
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

May 30, 2013
Love this game, multiplayer is amazing. I've been playing MP since day one and every update makes it better(except the spear nerf). Needs host migration or an xp bonus for not quiting or something but I'm sure they're working on it.
Message 10 of 15 (145 Views)
0 Likes