Uncharted Territory
1346 posts

Re: 3rd weapon class??

Jan 9, 2013

I think it will be Axes.  I think this because spears are already in the game as a *World Weapon*

It would be cool to be able to choose between like.. one handed hammers/swords/ and whatever the 3rd type is and 2 handers..  so that we could carry shields with 1 handers :-)  for more defense and maybe a shield bash for O instead of a kick... and then 2handers *the ones we currently play with* could be less speedy and more powerful... like maybe longer combo capabilities with 1 handers. 

If the 3rd class is axes I would like to think of it like this speed wise sword > axe > hammer--  I would def use axe.

Another good weapon type could definitely be spear... but the thing is.. a spear is sort of a *ranged item* so.. them being a world weapon is kind of cool.  I wish there were different kinds of *world weapons* though.  Like.. all the spears are the same.. It would be cool if there were different *world* hammers/ spears/ swords you could pick up. 

If the third weapon class isn't axe.. I am really not sure what it would be.. I mean.. it could be a MACE-- like a ball and chain type deal.. but that sort of falls under the *hammer* archetype.  I don't see it being a spear though.. I think the king leonidas spear will look ike a spear but sort of play like a sword or something.. Who knows.. They will probably add more weapon types via DLC later on anyway.

Message 11 of 31 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2013

Hammers are a World Weapon, too. Using the Leonidas spear as a sword seems extremely unlikely. It's definitely a piercing and stabbing type of weapon.

Edit: Swords are also a World Weapon, although you can only see them in FFA. In fact, because of this, it's even more clear that the third class is spear, as then each weapon class will have one World Weapon (Kratos' Blades of Chaos aside.)

Message 12 of 31 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1499 posts

Jan 9, 2013

it's most likely spear and shield as Axe would be a copy of hammer save for special and brutal kills, Spear and Shield moves could include shield charge, spear barrage, shield uppercut, spear throw(maybe imbued with an element for certain versions), spear rain(of course a high cooldown), shield smash, shield boomerang, it's the most likely plus DLC gives it away XD

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Message 13 of 31 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 10, 2013

Unless Charon wants to loan everyone his scythe.

Message 14 of 31 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 10, 2013
idk if it's mentioned but the third weapon class will be spears..or spear like weapons. Watching a video now and I see someone holding a spear/trident like weapon and blocking with it.
Message 15 of 31 (154 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Jan 10, 2013

im thinking polearm but like to see some kind of bow too

Message 16 of 31 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 10, 2013

Skeletor-73 wrote:

im thinking polearm but like to see some kind of bow too

It will be a spear/trident like I said in the above post.  Unless they changed their mind of course.  

Message 17 of 31 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Jan 10, 2013

Hmm may I recieve a link to the vidd plz? This also makes me wonder how deadly will the king leonidas's spear will be. I have watch 300 about 300 times and i can already see me doing sparta some justice Smiley Wink .

Kings are Made in WAR- Leader of Team Street Killas
http://www.youtube.com/user/kingParkerTSK
Message 18 of 31 (130 Views)
0 Likes
SIEA
415 posts

Jan 10, 2013

The 3rd weapon class is not an Axe, there is a 4th Multiplayer Mode we have not announced but may have some relevance to something you've experienced in a past God of War game. Also, the "empty post" in Olympus isn't on accident, sort of =) hehe

We may have tipped our hat for the 3rd weapon class, but we'll leave it at that for now. And does it even end there? Well...who knows.....(this guy)!

Love these types of threads...

-Tank

Follow me @Just_Tank and @SonySantaMonica

Every day is community day!
Message 19 of 31 (118 Views)
Lombax Warrior
244 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 10, 2013

Dang, and Axe would be awesome to play with, especially with the GOW:A weapon designs. Gauntles would be fun too, or maybe dual weapons.

Message 20 of 31 (113 Views)
0 Likes