Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Re: to sony santa monica, who seem to be under the impression that they make good games.

Feb 4, 2013

Maybe some play for the story of the games. You may not but others do. You play to be the best at SP (kind of pointless since there are no leaderboards or anything therefore no way to prove you are best) I play a SP game because I'm intregued in the story since the point of a SP experience is to be like an interactive movie.

As far for turn-based gameplay I was not talking of this game I was talking about games I am looking forward to and there are no old school feeling RPG's anymore which as a gamer from back in the day I miss.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 44 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5177 posts

Re: to sony santa monica, who seem to be under the impression that they make good games.

Feb 4, 2013
>some play for story
Casuals.

>pointless without leaderboards
You imagine this is needed? Even without a community online to work with, one has oneself, yes? Why do you need others to encourage you to challenge yourself? To master a game you enjoy "playing"? Do tell.

>prove you are the best
My write-ups, findings, recordings, etc. do that well enough. Not that it is necessary. Why should you be so concerned with the thoughts of others, Fandango?

>the point of SP is
Video. Games. Gameplay.

>turn-based
As noted, it isn't exactly fondly held. It is squarely at odds with this genre.
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 44 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Feb 4, 2013

You can't say you are the best when there is no true way of proving it. There maybe someone who is better then you who does not come on the forums or post on youtube (or other forms of media) to try to convince others they are a vet.

As far as turn-based RPG's I enjoy them they have a nostalgic feel to them for me. Since back in the day that's what a lot of RPG's were with the exception of the zelda's of the world. however realistically the Zelda's of the world led to GoW

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 44 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5177 posts

Feb 6, 2013
>can't say
Sure I could. I just don't. I'm among the best. I elect TazOne1 as the best among challenge runners. It's just harder to say who's best among speedrunners and glitcher/exploiters. It's tough making that call. I'd rather the vets of those spheres cast their own votes.

I help with these lads, but can't consider myself fit to judge. Among challenge runners, I'm a vet among vets. A vet among glitchers/exploiters. I'm not quite able to say the same for speedrunning as I only help with them (don't do them).

My testing of percentiles/values is another matter (along with instructing, community tending, etc.).

NOTE: Surely you know better than to doubt my claim. Don't let your anger blind you. My arrogance is well founded. Well deserved. Well earned. And it has no barring on my claim one way or another. It is a mistake those that get frustrated with me often find themselves making. Denial of the obvious.

>no true way to prove it
That's silly. You're being silly. Recordings, write-ups, etc. more than suffice. You're a casual in the SP scene. It's not surprising you're unfamiliar with how things work there.

>who does not come to forums
A very old argument. Foolishness, my boy. You argue from ignorance (fallacy). Your weak stance deserves no serious consideration. Know this well. And just as you are a scrub and casual due to mindset, I am a vet among vets for having kept to my own.

>enjoy them
That doesn't make them any less the opposite of the Action genre. Taking turns is not in the spirit of a proper fight and Action has more in common with fighting games as such. Even despite taking some light RPG elements (upgrades and such).

>led to GoW
"Don't make me laugh!" - Shao Kahn

DMC1 led to GoW (releasing alongside DMC3). Onimusha led to DMC1 (RE4's original form). Zelda can be tied to Darksiders as much as GoW can be. Zelda is not a peer of this genre. The combat is an absolute joke. DI, SWFU, NG, El Shaddai, DMC, Bayonetta, etc. fit in with GoW.

Darksiders, in more recent times, has been trying to close the gap while remaining in the sphere you speak of. If Platinum were to control it, they just might realize that potential. They did express interest, but it sounds too good to be true.
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 44 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
849 posts

Feb 7, 2013

That's why they added the MP, so you can see who can kick who's A SS!

Erebus..jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 44 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Feb 7, 2013

You do realize without games such as Zelda there would be no Gow or NG. Those classic games from systems like the NES led to all of the games we have today.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 44 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5177 posts

Feb 7, 2013
Disturbed: >censor bypass
This rule seem to get ignored quite a lot.

>why they added MP
An executive mandate to milk fans and non-fans as casuals of the MP variety are suckers for buying cosmetic trinkets and paying to win. No more. No less. Don't make any mistake about it.

As for the implication of MP being a stand in for seeing who is the best. How exactly would this mode using a non-SP character with non-SP abilities/mechanics in non-SP locations for non-SP objectives...prove anything of the sort (regarding who is the best at GoW...which is a SP series, so the implication is obvious).? PvP has little to no barring on PvE. Surely you understand this much. It's nothing too complicated.

Fandango: >implying Zelda's role is as such
Heresy. It's not an Action game of the hack-and-slash, third person variety.

*glove slap*

You may as well give Pac-Man credit at this point. Mind the foolishness.

NOTE: You accepted being a casual, but what of being a scrub? I showed you the real and original definition and it fits. How do you plead?
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 44 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Feb 7, 2013

I don't understand your hang up on titles of yourself and others. I have been done talking of such things I am trying to have a game discussion not an arguement over such stupid things because no matter what I say or anyone else says you seem to think your opinion is always the only right one. As for Zelda as I said before it helped pave the way just as Final Fantasy paved the way for any RPG of the day. The difference is just like the GoW series games evolved over the years.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 44 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
267 posts

Feb 7, 2013
Who thinks an online pass will be implemented with Ascension?

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 44 (97 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
997 posts

Feb 7, 2013
Grimreap dont pay attention to Gmode the Devs them self can come in here and tell him so and he will still come back at them whit hes own Shyt is like you say he is right everyone is wrong so it make no sense went you deal whit players like That you can't Win No matter what Other then that he is cool in that sense the he dont go and talk down or **bleep** about people wish is why i dont get mad i only let it fly dont see you Gmode want to be free
 photo f797777c-46dc-4bc6-aa23-257ca99d60c6_zps6040a0e4.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 44 (95 Views)
0 Likes