Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Re: to sony santa monica, who seem to be under the impression that they make good games.

Feb 3, 2013

Yeah I just beat GoW1 for the first time last night and gonna start GoW2 today. I enjoyed it quite a bit, Before I ever played the first game I tried to play GoW3 and I just couldn't get into it. I think I just had a hard time because I had no idea of what the storyline was previously.

Message 11 of 44 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Re: to sony santa monica, who seem to be under the impression that they make good games.

Feb 3, 2013
I don't know about you guys, but God Of War Ascension is my MOST Anticipated Game of 2013.

Message 12 of 44 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 3, 2013

"Yeah I just beat GoW1 for the first time last night and gonna start GoW2 today. I enjoyed it quite a bit, Before I ever played the first game I tried to play GoW3 and I just couldn't get into it. I think I just had a hard time because I had no idea of what the storyline was previously."

if you're really interested in the story, invest $20 and get the PSP games (theyre on a one disk collection now) since they add a ton to the story, and really flesh Kratos out as a character

"I don't know about you guys, but God Of War Ascension is my MOST Anticipated Game of 2013."

GOW:A alone has made it okay to not buy a wii U or save up for the PS4 yet, im so pumped

Message 13 of 44 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Feb 3, 2013

dirtyhippie324 wrote:
I don't know about you guys, but God Of War Ascension is my MOST Anticipated Game of 2013.

God of War: Ascension
Beyond Two Souls
Last of Us

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 14 of 44 (180 Views)
0 Likes
SIEA
415 posts

Feb 3, 2013

This thread had me worried, now it has me proud, thank you!

-Tank

Follow me @Just_Tank and @SonySantaMonica

Every day is community day!
Message 15 of 44 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Feb 3, 2013

I am anticipating GoW:A the most by far but I am also looking forward to and interested in MLB the Show 2013, The Last of Us, Xcom and South Park the Stick of Truth. Haven't done my research on Xcom or South Park just yet, however if Xcom is like the Xcom game I currently have I am very interested in it and if South Park is what I think it is (old school stile turn based RPG) then I am deffinatly interested because I miss that old style RPG been playing Final Fantasy 7 in between GoW games latly just to get that old school turn based feel.

Message 16 of 44 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Feb 3, 2013

@Just--Tank: My pleasure! You guys are awesome!

Message 17 of 44 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5832 posts

Feb 4, 2013
Fandango: >story concerns
Ridiculous. This is the wrong genre for that to concern you.

>hard time because
You didn't know what you were doing. I can help with that though. Vet among vets and all that jazz.

>turn-based
About as far removed from the spirit of this genre as something can be while still being PvE.

Chrome: >flesh out
Bastardize his character, rather. A betrayal to make him something he was not. GoW1 made clear who and what he was. They've been trying to make him something else ever since.

Davie Boy: I don't see MGR noted. Curious. Aren't you an Action game fan? Or is it just a casual interest?

Tank: >worried
Why's that? You were fearful of critique? This aside, I'm aware that the devs are not run vets. Not even the combat guys. Should any of you lot want to learn the ropes to higher level play, the vets are around. Though most of them gather at GFAQs and gow3forums. I'm the only one that branches out to PSU. The rest consider it a lost cause.
Message 18 of 44 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Feb 4, 2013

@GodModeGOD: why do you think they bastardized him? (if there's spoilers put it in spoiler tags for people?)

i played the numerical games first, and felt like him being **bleep** off as much as he was, all the time, was a bit silly (at the worst of times) but with the side games, i just felt like they reinforced his reasoning for being the way he was 

Spoiler
especially with Thanatos taunting Kratos with the sisters of fate, that background info turned the second game into a big "**bleep** you" to thanatos. for someone playing the games for the first time, Kratos' relationship with his daughter that was fleshed out makes him killing her that much more of a "holy **bleep**" moment.
Message 19 of 44 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5832 posts

Feb 4, 2013
>think
Know, rather.

>a bit silly
That's who he was. Even in the past. This is a bastardization for changing him (in the past *while skewing his future*).

>reinforced
He didn't need more reasons. The brother arc was worthless. He's just a beast born of gods (that are beastly). His lust for power and fame led to tragedy like any proper Greek tale. No forgiveness or atonement to be had. Just blind rage and attempts to gain revenge that would eventually turn inward.

>X activity turned Y previously established future activity
Part of the problem noted. Twisting the understanding of things to paint a new picture (for a new agenda).

>relationship
It was established that she feared him. Simple as that. CoO betrayed this completely and the rest would run with it. His wife hated him. This was forgotten (GoWII can't be blamed fully as it was only Gaia in disguise).

Side entries (by another studio) are secondary canon as far as I'm concerned. But GoWIII cannot overlooked for what it did to the series. It managed to introduce an element that recolored understanding of things in a way that made my revenge hallow.

The book and comics are easy to ignore. They aren't canon at all. An entry like this is from the main studio, so the damage done will be severe to the overall story. With the gameplay already suffering, I just don't see too much in the way of upsides.
Message 20 of 44 (109 Views)
0 Likes