Treasure Hunter
5836 posts

Re: Will Kratos return to Sparta at anytime in Ascension?

Feb 15, 2013
Hippy: >pretty sure
CoO was canon. So it has been canon for awhile.

>Oracle of Delphi
We weren't in Delphi.

>VA for the oracle
She isn't the same person as the narrator/Gaia. Not until they make it so (wouldn't put it past them).

Silver: >talking ship
I don't remember one.

>Jason
He had the Argo. Lovely, but I remember nothing special about it.

>navel battle
Fighting at sea is plenty enough for me. Manning the boat and such could be pushing it, but it WOULD make a fight with Charbydis more interesting than what we're going to get. The "Vortex" of GoS makes a case for this. Needs to be more like PotC3.

>Hades
Correct.

Disturbed: >Alrik
Now you know. If they make the name canon, anyway.

>champion
Hades. They associated him based on the souls he used in GoWII (but that was from his escape from the Underworld). Hades made his father sick, he needed the ambrosia to heal him, failed to get it and the King died (making Prince Alrik the new king *who wanted to attack Sparta as revenge...and got Kratos). Again, non-canon for now.

Creed: >starting as early as Captain Kratos
That's what I wanted from this entry. They were too scared to start us without the BoC. WWs was a way to work around that a bit. Didn't pan out.

>races/cultures
Straying from what I would want.

>end with BK
Why?

>continue to
Where this one starts. Start as a Captain/Marked Warrior (maybe around the time he gets the tattoo), do battle to earn glory, 'maybe comic territory' *some of which is retconned by this entry already*, BK attacks, deal with Ares, General Kratos/Fist of Ares, raid villages with 'elite unit'/assassinate people alone, attack a Temple of Athena, kill family, become Cursed Warrior/Ghost of Sparta, 'Furies', become Athena's Champion/Slave of the gods, five years pass, CoO, five years pass, GoW1, etc.
Message 21 of 28 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
348 posts

Feb 15, 2013
Couldn't they have let us start with him as General/Captain Kratos and give us the Arms of Sparta?

It would have been a serious mind*bleep* for the fans if we actually got to play to the point where he murders his family. We would know what's coming and would be powerless to stop it.

Linda Hunt voiced the Village Oracle who cursed Kratos to wear the ashes of his family.

GMG: What are the WW's?
Message 22 of 28 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
84 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 16, 2013

(nvm)

Message 23 of 28 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5752 posts

Feb 16, 2013

FeelMyVVrath wrote:

I hope we get to go back in time to see how Kratos got that scar on his right eye...

In Ghost of Sparta, they did show how he got it.

Message 24 of 28 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
859 posts

Feb 16, 2013

He got it from Ares when he was a child, he was trying to save his brother Deimos from being taken away. He jumped up and tried to grab him, but Ares knocked Kratos back. This was explained in Ghost of Sparta.

Erebus..jpg
Message 25 of 28 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
84 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 16, 2013

TomatoDragon wrote:
In Ghost of Sparta, they did show how he got it.

Apologies, I haven't played that one yet! I assumed you would find out in an earlier game because he had it all the way back in Chains of  Olympus

Message 26 of 28 (151 Views)
0 Likes
SIEA
415 posts

Feb 16, 2013

Flashbacks were a key story telling device in Ghost of Sparta.

The same won't be said for Ascension. We want you guys to understand the story before God of War 1, not the story before Ascension. That said, we will certainly explore the origins of the story in Ascension, which you get a taste of in the first 30-minutes.

You're in for a wild ride.

I would recommend you focus on the story of Rise of the Warrior, there is a very deliberate reason for the plot, themes, locations, tone, you just may not realize it yet =)

If you want hints about where the story for Ascension will go, play Rise of the Warrior.

-Tank

Follow me @Just_Tank and @SonySantaMonica

Every day is community day!
Message 27 of 28 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5836 posts

Feb 20, 2013
Shiki: >couldn't they
Yeah, but that would also be retconning. AoS was made up in GoS while flashbacks showed Kratos riding around on horseback with just a sword. Having AoS locked to a base level where magical spear tossing and such isn't possible would be fine along with the WWs until we get the BoC.

>voiced
It was never canonized to be Gaia. And not all shared VAs are the same person. Gravedigger/Zeus is the only case of this. The VA of Athena was also that of a **bleep** and some other character for GoS. I don't care for that implication.

NOTE: The theory is quite likely to not be what was intended as Gaia was not the Narrator until they made that up for GoWII. It wasn't their plan. However, the glove would fit fine (much better than many other retcons).

>WWs
World Weapons. Sub-weapons of a tertiary level (where old cases were secondary).

Tank: >RotW
That to say this non-game extra is being considered canon because of Ascension where the comics and novels (and mobile game) were not?

>no flashback playing
Pity. An even earlier entry will have to cover such things.

>play
Curious choice of terms.
Message 28 of 28 (58 Views)
0 Likes