I Only Post Everything
973 posts

Re: Why No Female Warriors For Multiplayer?

Jan 16, 2013

Well, you can't  make Kratos look like a woman just because you want a female character, I think it is just the same thing for multiplayer. The multiplayer is about warriors serving the gods, there were no female warriors... And I just think female characters fighting with huge swords and hammers, slicing and crushing people would look weird, weider than Mortal Kombat girls.

signature.jpg

Message 31 of 39 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Jan 16, 2013

According to ESA, 48% of all gamers are women...... Cutting 48% of profits so that things can be 100% accurate doesnt sound very smart.... I mean, unless everyone starts to hate money?

Message 32 of 39 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Jan 16, 2013

Rafa_psc wrote:

Well, you can't  make Kratos look like a woman just because you want a female character, I think it is just the same thing for multiplayer. The multiplayer is about warriors serving the gods, there were no female warriors... And I just think female characters fighting with huge swords and hammers, slicing and crushing people would look weird, weider than Mortal Kombat girls.

Nobody cares that female warriors "didn't exist" historically. I am all for female characters, simply because I want variety. God of War has never been 100% historically or mythologically correct. In fact, nowhere even near 100%. 

"You can't make Kratos look like a women just because you want a female character"

She doesn't have to look like Kratos... what does that even mean?

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 33 of 39 (119 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5826 posts

Jan 16, 2013
Dave: >will keep pushing for the frivolous
How like a casual.

>nobody cares
Clearly Rafa cares. Is he a "nobody", Davie? Mind your use of absolutes, boy.

>all for
>simply because
You want to be the little girl. You a JRPG fan, lad?

>doesn't have to
She will. That rig isn't changing. They're FAR too lazy for all that and it would be a bad time investment. That you lot have the nerve to ask is telling enough.

Rafa: >no female warriors
None that matter in history or mythology. Atalanta didn't exactly do too well for herself. It is pretty much just Athena who was never much of a female in her roles (save for maybe one *weaving*).

>look weird
More concerning would be the destruction of their forms. Imagine the outcry. Then there is the matter of them being ugly without the model rig being updates for them (way too much work for something unimportant for those that won't stick with the game anyway).

>can't make Kratos look like a woman
You can dress him up as such to taunt those making the demand though. It is what I'd do. I'm classy.

Derek: >48%
Not in this genre, sports fan.

>hate money
You would have to if you make a bad call like adding MP to this sort of title. A good way to kill a series.
Message 34 of 39 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Jan 16, 2013

Yeah, let's keep mentioning mythological/historical accuracy. Useless comments.

Message 35 of 39 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Jan 16, 2013

People can speak for themselves. I'm not explaining myself to a lonely and pathetic individual such as yourself.

Message 36 of 39 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Jan 17, 2013

"Not in this genre, sports fan"

Youre absolutely right GODMODE (although the statistic isnt genre specific)  ...... I bet God of War would sell alot better if they appealed to women too by putting women characters in the game..... 48% of the people buying games are women... I bet they just pick the game off the shelf and put it right back down. About 50% of console owners are women, and you claim no women play God of War.....What are you trying to say? Women dont deserve to own a PS3 exclusive?

Message 37 of 39 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

Jan 17, 2013

GodmodeGOD > Dude, thank you for addressing the easy topics.

Anyhow, no need to tell us what happens to be a good or bad investment.  It's a lot of work, they get it or they don't.  They can't comprehend the work that goes into making a 99cent cheese burger, let alone a Video game.

> None that matter in history or mythology. Atlanta didn't exactly do too well for herself. It is pretty much just Athena who was never much of a female in her roles.

Contradictions much?  How can you be female yet not be female? Are roles inertly male and female to you? They're just identifiers, ain't set in stone.

Atlanta did fairly well for herself, and Artimis or Athena are liked enough to, you know, exist for a buncha years.  Women have historically, in fact, existed.  Female warriors, gods, and heroes do exist.  What we know of the past is extremely limited.  We know which gender was prominent, which were allowed to serve in the military, and what they thought about all that.  We also know they believed slavery was cool beans and pants were the sign of "a stupid, uncivilized brute, unable to speak the language of man."  I'm paraphrasing of course.  Or was that the Romans who believed that......I'll go for both, but don't quote me on that.

You can give our Amazon a less brutal brutal kill.  We already need a model, animations, and items for them.   I won't go into ways to make a censored or simple death, not going into that yet. Yet I've already walked over it, stomping it's face into the dirt as I passed.   

To focus myself I'll now focus on the time thing.

DLC is our answer, solution, and savior.  They aren't big on DLC, why should they make support for a game when they can REPLACE IT!   Doing so would bring about Assassins Creed, in that large mess of hated characters and meh stories.  With a loved multiplayer that has become fragmented 3 times, THREE TIMES!!! YOU GET 1/3RD THE PLAYERS YOU SHOULD IN THAT.  They've spammed those sequels.

Embracing DLC will really help the Single player and Multi player here.  Providing great, but short or limited stories for Kratos and perhaps side characters.  I'm all for shoving Kratos aside to follow Pericles Doe as he tries to get revenge on some dude who stole his wallet, praying to some God and getting himself into a mess of monkey's paw trouble.

They've already invented Ancient Greek Doc. Oc. Women as a final boss, I'm sure they can crap out something else and charge us for it.  It'll extend the length of the game along with it's replay-ability.   Giving multiplayer bonus support to grow, and providing something for Hard Core single-player fans at a faster or higher quality state.

Take Dragon Age Origins for an example.  With a large amount of decent DLC, the game has great replayability.  While the game is different, that story mode is agumented by the DLC, not diminished.  If they want Multi-player go ahead, but damned don't go Dragon Age II on us.

And sure as hell don't go Assassins Creed Revelations on us, hellllllll no.   That ain't a sequel that's a 60 Dollar DLC which renders the original game inactive while distracting from the Seuqel. 

Message 38 of 39 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5826 posts

Jan 17, 2013
Dave: >useless
You say that despite their having served their purpose well. Curious.

>double post
*glove slap*
The edit feature is not the enemy.

>not explaining yourself
I see that. But why?

>various insults
You wound me, sir. Now kiss it better.
Message 39 of 39 (91 Views)
0 Likes