Nov 12 2012
By: LtJillValentine_ First Son 1 posts

Why No Female Warriors For Multiplayer?

38 replies 622 views Edited Nov 12, 2012

What about strong women wanting to gain the favor of aphrodite or athena or any of the other goddesses?

Will it come out as dlc?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 39 (622 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5205 posts

Re: Why No Female Warriors For Multiplayer?

Nov 12, 2012
>strong women
One shouldn't come out with obvious lines like that. Just the same, as fine a chance as any to give this topic coverage (for the fun of it).

Whining about gutting women (GoW has been light on them in the past *if you would like examples, by all means, ask*), model rigging concerns (thousands of unique animations and balancing work) and the silly reason (wrapping them over the Kratos rig would make them hideous) come to mind readily.

>favor of Aphrodite
>strong
*glove slap*
She was beaten by a nothing of a mortal. Not even some demi-god of a worthy hero. She sucked in myth and in GoW. That she was not killed as planned (trying to stab us in bed then kicked into the abyss) was a failing in my eyes. They disgrace Athena with a 'Greed' corruption making fans view her negatively both in that form and her past self, but let this one live? Heresy. Blasphemy.

NOTE: The only possible good to come of her would be the association they made with Medusa in GoW1. But casuals HATE petrification spell variants (vets love it). Dumb powers like 'bedazzling' other players would just not be appropriate for the series.

>or Athena
She has the greatest champion of them all (Kratos). She's too good for this crap. MP is an insult to the Action Genre's Third-Person Hack-and-Slack titles. The devs have let themselves become the Titans (overreachers) in their boredom with the series and desire for more means to pull money from the fanbase (DLC abuse) and pull in non-fans (not happening).

>the other goddesses
Artemis isn't actually a very great warrior in myth (embarrassed by Hera). In GoW, the best she could do for us might be spirit summons, large blades and bows... which isn't all that much of a selection beyond SP gifts (I'll take that Blade of hers again, thank you very much *all about the Homeruns, son*).

As for Hera, the GoW version was never shown as a fighter (often the case in myth too). Her gifts would be what? The powers of Hestia they attributed to her? Plant life? Boring. Remember that whatever 'deity' is made, they have to make around four unique spells for, some unique armors (and perks) and variants for the two main weapons (and likely a DLC weapon for MP).

One weapon will have two specials aside from other slight tweaks (cosmetic and otherwise). Each special for each weapon is slightly unique to the god you serve though really they are pretty much 'CoC variant' (light special) and MotK/DR/TR (heavy special) variants. To be expected.

Persephone in myth was an absolute nothing, but CoO made her crazy and evil with some fighting prowess (armor, 'underworld' power, etc.). Technically she would be more workable than most of the other goddesses with energy pillars, energy beams, energy projectiles, rock kicks, flight/dashes, etc. An alternative to Hades...but then they don't want to do the extra work for what might only be a variant of an existing god.

Recall that they made Poseidon the medic/support class when that is basically absolutely wrong in terms of myth and even GoW's representation of the deity. They needed someone to fill the role and he was the only one they could work with in the bunch. Hades got traps and utility, Ares became the glass cannon (rather than the tank apparently) and Zeus became the magic users (ranged).

>come out as DLC
No. Among the many things they will provide at a cost down the line, large amounts of work for something they don't want to touch just isn't going to happen. Speak with 'Fresh' about his dealings with Papy as he harassed him on Twitter about it for months (so he can be the girl like in his JRPGs).

NOTE: Why did you not capitalize the proper nouns, old boy?
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 39 (613 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9466 posts

Nov 13, 2012
In the time era, there was no such thing. Women weren't allowed to fight.

But for technical reasons, it'd be much more costly...you'd have to have different tattoos, animations, body types, new armor for the slimmer bodies, etc.

A huge amount of work for a MP that they're trying to keep "short and sweet"
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 39 (601 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5205 posts

Nov 13, 2012
>short and sweet
And still getting the lion's share.

>various
It's the animation work do match what the original rig would already do mostly.

Wanting it to be pretty is part of the reason they wouldn't just use the current rig and fear of backlash either way when I tear up these cross-dressing boys whilst griefing online.

>weren't allowed to fight
Most didn't want to or have any knack for it, I'd dare say. Spartan women were the best of Greece and even then, they were not meant to wage war or fight in defense of the city-state. As for myth, even the best among the females didn't exactly have a glorious go of it. Atalanta was no exception.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 39 (596 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3711 posts

Nov 15, 2012

hmm the answer that it is too costly is BS to me. They can implement a model for the AI characters like Megaera but they can't make a female character in MP? Assuming that Megaera is a boss you are going to have to fight in the SP than she will have certain animations that are not using Kratos rig! Look at Mortal Kombat. It has both male and female characters and Kratos was even featured in that. I feel Todd Papy's excuse is just mundane and stupid! Too many animations, really? At this point is just a time issue!

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 39 (567 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3711 posts

Nov 15, 2012

GodModeGOD wrote:
>short and sweet
And still getting the lion's share.

>various
It's the animation work do match what the original rig would already do mostly.

Wanting it to be pretty is part of the reason they wouldn't just use the current rig and fear of backlash either way when I tear up these cross-dressing boys whilst griefing online.

>weren't allowed to fight
Most didn't want to or have any knack for it, I'd dare say. Spartan women were the best of Greece and even then, they were not meant to wage war or fight in defense of the city-state. As for myth, even the best among the females didn't exactly have a glorious go of it. Atalanta was no exception.

This is a game not a history book! It is taking Greek Mythology and rewriting it. So what ever history that women weren't allowed to play or participate in Combat is thrown out the window when you are taking it into a videogame!

Also I didn't harass him(Todd Papy) I clearly suggested my opinion in a repeated manner! Sometime you have to say it enough times to get it done!

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 39 (565 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5205 posts

Nov 16, 2012
>for Mageara
It isn't the same thing, Fresh. We're talking about redoing the animations for every single move the male characters do in MP (and extending to SP thanks to NG+1 at the very least). This being for Champions and potentially 'Kratos'.

You're going out of your way to not understand this issue for your want to dress up as the little girl. His bad excuse isn't the one about money, time, etc. (resources). Even the 'backlash' fear is more reasonable. But concern with how pretty it would be...is a bit weak.

>just time
*glove slap*
Time is money.

>history book
Greek Myth isn't exactly accepted history even when it does detail things that happened (in fantastic ways).

>rewriting
Bastardizing.

>whatever history
Not just history, but in the religion and tales of the time (Greek Mythology is all of these).

>play
It's not play, son.

>participate in Combat
>Combat
Why is this capitalized?

>thrown out the window
It's silly and we both know it. Even having some of these goddesses fight us is a stretch. Hera was depicted reasonably (and if she cannot fight us, Artemis is hopeless *easily slapped around by Artemis who could backhand Aphrodite*). Athena was the only proper warrior, but was not given a real chance to shine as such. Persephone (extremely weak and minor) got to be something far more (from far left-field they pulled this one).

>into a video game
Why are you struggling with English? Are you that emotional about such a trivial concern as playing as some waifu that'll just get gutted in a non-canon mode that is an insult to the genre GoW belongs to (a series you profess to be a fan of)?

>didn't harass him
You did and continue to.

>repeated manner
Harassment.

>enough times to get it done
Like when one harasses another for sex, yes? Come now, Fresh. Why maintain this jest? You know it to be so and I know you know it. For what audience do you act for?
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 39 (554 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3711 posts

Nov 16, 2012

leave it to you to make my mind actually have to analzyle your long blog of a page of comments. I have no shame on wanting to play with a female character! You may have issues with your sexuality?

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 39 (546 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5205 posts

Nov 16, 2012
You didn't start with a capital, Fresh.

>have to analzle
>analzle
I don't know this word.

>he calls it a blog
What's all this now?

>of a page of comments
>page
Such exaggeration.

>no shame
I've noticed.

>you may
That you may, old boy. But then, the issue is not with your JRPG tendencies so much as harassing the director for your fetishes that are simply a worthless diversion.

NOTE: I'm sure they'll just love my Drag Queen idea (to humor you). Rocky Horror Kratos. Wouldn't you just eat that up?
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 39 (535 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 12, 2013

How come we can not play a girl period? Thw whole online point of it was to be whoever you wanted, and to find out you can't play as a women if we choose is really unforgiving. Really disappointed.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 39 (383 Views)
0 Likes