I Only Post Everything
1293 posts

Re: Who intends to do challenge runs for this entry?

Apr 19, 2012

Yeah man great songs go together with great games.

Photobucket
Message 11 of 34 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5821 posts

Apr 20, 2012

Gangsta: >haven't changed

Speaking of which, weren't you the chap that admitted you're afraid to do challenges?  Surely you're over all that by now.  I also recall challenging you to a discussion of DBZ.  You fled that too.

>don't

I'll be sure to see about that in the future (post-release).

Fresh: >music

Bleh.  So you're going to man up for this entry?

SP: >great games

You're a serious fan, yes?  Why don't you have any run history to yuour name?

Message 12 of 34 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1696 posts

Apr 20, 2012

GodModeGOD wrote:

Gangsta: >haven't changed

Speaking of which, weren't you the chap that admitted you're afraid to do challenges?  Surely you're over all that by now.  I also recall challenging you to a discussion of DBZ.  You fled that too.

GodModeGOD

Well i kinda figured 2 years ago that it would be pointless to have a DBZ discussion with you since neither of us know eachother and we can cheat without knowing therefore i chose to forget the whole thing. Also i dont recall admitting that im afraid of challenges, be more specific.

ascensionp_21802nphd
Message 13 of 34 (147 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10912 posts

Apr 20, 2012

Time permitting, I'll probably do a speed run, but I've never been good at the no upgrades thing.

Then again, I've never been a huge fan of harder-than-necessary difficulty settings until I ripped through Uncharted: Golden Abyss in about 6 hours total.  On Crushing.  Didn't really have any major issues with either of the inFamous games' 'hard' setting, either.  GoWIII, though, I still have a game save somewhere stuck at the Giant Scorpion on Chaos.  Haven't even tried it again in over a year.

As for GoW:A, there are too many other games on the horizon to spend a whole lot of time on any single one.  I still have fragments to find in ACR, and ACIII comes out probably only weeks ahead of GoW:A.

Message 14 of 34 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5821 posts

Apr 20, 2012

Gangsta: >don't know each other

So you say, but even if that were so, it matters little.

>cheat

My, what a mindset you have.  Where's the "Good Faith"?  If you would rather, we can talk shop about GoW instead.  I'm something of knowledgable sort of chap on the series.  Yourself?

>don't recall

Maybe I misremember.  Then again, maybe not.  You could always opt to prove me wrong.  That would show me.

BBS: >speedrun

I'd advise you wait on that one.  Or at least make your acquaintance with the likes of satvara, AKheon, findlestick, tyrhhjy, etc.  These chaps will be very useful to work with on these matters.  What's a speedrun without exploits and glitches to get the competitive edge on a regular runner?

>good at

I can see to that matter.  Believe in me, who believes in you.  It really isn't so hard.  Not the early ones anyway.  Just mastery of some of the basic options.  PAIN just narrows the focus further and expects more of the player.  Less safety nets, panic buttons, etc.  You'll have become quite familiar before getting into all that sort of mess.

>not a fan of highest settings

Oh?

>U:GA

Never heard of it.  Handheld entry or something?  Possibly Vita.  If you're at all an Uncharted fan, "findlestick" your man for glitching in that series too.

>GoWIII VH Skorpius

That, I can help with quite a bit.  We should really start there.  I suspect some helpful tips and warnings would go a long way.  But you might have to help me too.  Things like your tactics, troubles, upgrades, extensions, etc.  These are the things I'd like to know.  For instance, there is the trick with uncovered legs stunning him and preventing birthing antics.  Really goes a long way to put a stop to that nonsense.

>too many

I know the feeling.  Backlog myself.  Lots of runs planned before I get to GoW:A.  When I do get around to it, I've got at last this many runs:

-N

-VH

-NUR+

-PAIN+

-NGR+ NUR+

-NBR+ NUR+

-VH NG+ *God willing*

-Focus testing of each weapon *likely PAIN+ conditions*

-Costumes runs *depends on how interesting they are*

-Glitching/testing run

These are just things I intend.  As for whims, well...that depends on how much I end up liking it.

>ACR

>ACIII

Not really to my liking, I'm afraid.  I really try to like it, but it just isn't for me.  Guess it isn't sufficiently Action oriented in philosophy.  I'd really like to tell, but I just can't.

Message 15 of 34 (147 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10912 posts

Apr 20, 2012

Re: higher settings

I guess in the sense of the challenge of hard/very hard settings, I've become more of a casual gamer that plays games as much for the story and the diversion from the hassles of life in the real world (and lately, my gaming time has been cut down dramatically:  I'm participating in my third 500 Festival Mini Marathon in less than 3 weeks).  I guess I just don't have the time for hours of frustration to get through a game I've already played through at least once already.

Re: U:GA

Yep, PS Vita.  Like GoW:CoO was to GoWI, it's a portable prequel to the Uncharted series.

Re: GoWIII Chaos

I'll probably get back to it as the release date for GoW:A creeps closer, but right now, there's just no time for it.  I imagine there will soon be an announcement (possibly E3) of a GoW Vita entry.  I imagine touch controls will play a heavy role in combos.

Message 16 of 34 (147 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1293 posts

Apr 20, 2012

GodModeGOD wrote:

SP: >great games

You're a serious fan, yes?  Why don't you have any run history to yuour name?

GodModeGOD

By "run history" do you mean, speed run? If yes, then my answer is no for I do not enjoy nor understand how beating a game faster than what is supposed to be, is satisfying.

Photobucket
Message 17 of 34 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5821 posts

Apr 21, 2012

SP: >speedrun

Not really, but I'll hear about such things too if you're wanting to bring them up.

>don't understand

Just wait until you hear what I was referring to (challenge runs).  Choose your words carefully.

BBS: >running

Bah.  You've taken to such hobbies as these?

>hours of frustration

Let us not kid ourselves.  It is hardly that difficult to manage vanilla VH in any GoW entry.  Especially with veteran aid to help clear the air of misconceptions, grant winning tactics/tips, sage advice on upgrades, etc.

NUR and NUR+ really aren't much of a jump either.  You'll be learning more about the system and feeling accomplished while doing it.  PAIN/PAIN+ is where things can get messy at times.  Particularly if you have to make your own tactics and overcome the odds.

>closer to release

A month or so before, then?  I'll be ready.

>touch controls

God, I hope not.

Message 18 of 34 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1696 posts

Apr 21, 2012

GodModeGOD wrote:

Gangsta: >don't know each other

So you say, but even if that were so, it matters little.

>cheat

My, what a mindset you have.  Where's the "Good Faith"?  If you would rather, we can talk shop about GoW instead.  I'm something of knowledgable sort of chap on the series.  Yourself?

Nah, you probably have much better knowledge on the games than i do, i dont play them as extensively and intensively as you. However i have  a better suggestion. Stop.

ascensionp_21802nphd
Message 19 of 34 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5821 posts

Apr 22, 2012

>stop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLyyik7OKhE&t=7m14s

~If you concede on the matter of competing in GoW knowledge, the logical next step is to educate on the matter

Message 20 of 34 (147 Views)
0 Likes