Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Re: Whats your favourite GOW?

Nov 29, 2012
God of war 1 was my absolute favorite game for the longest time. It's still up there too. The way they told the story, the way they made it seem really close to mythology rather than just action. Really made it an amazing game. First few play throughs I would look at every picture, read every secret thing. It was awesome. I remember the first few times I played it, every run through I'd find more and more secrets.

God of war 2 was just odd for me. Maps seemed random, felt more like it was based on action than anything else. I like god of war 2's combat it got much more complex but the story just wasn't what GoW 1 was.

GoW 3 pretty much threw all that out the window and went straight to the action. I really liked GoW 3 but I've played it the least of the 3. Not being able to unlock skins really hurt the replay value.
Message 31 of 34 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5833 posts

Nov 30, 2012
>story focus
More the casual's interest.

>close to Greek Myth
But not really. More of an Indiana Jones vibe while working in Clash and other such films to a simple revenge story.

>rather than just action
The gameplay part not tickle your fancy? GoW1 had a bit more 'adventure' to it. Platforming that became infamous.

>random maps
What?

>based on action
"I love it!" - Gene

>more complex
In most cases, yes. Some things were dropped along the way (regrettable).

>the story was
Not the reason to stick around and replay the game.

>straight to the action
Too bad it wasn't as good as GoWII with that. Also, it sacrificed even the 'action' on the altar of set piece moments (as expected of the director).

>DLC antics
A very telling sign of the future. GoW:A will be much the same, but you know this already.
Message 32 of 34 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Nov 30, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:
God of war 1 was my absolute favorite game for the longest time. It's still up there too. The way they told the story, the way they made it seem really close to mythology rather than just action. Really made it an amazing game. First few play throughs I would look at every picture, read every secret thing. It was awesome. I remember the first few times I played it, every run through I'd find more and more secrets.

I loved the 1st installment for the same reasons. 

Message 33 of 34 (137 Views)
Highlighted
Platinum
55402 posts

Dec 4, 2012

GOW71 wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

I loved the 1st installment for the same reasons. 

Yeah the first one was really good for this, plus it was all new to me then. 

I really liked 3 a lot also, the graphics/gameplay were pretty fun for me.

Message 34 of 34 (104 Views)
0 Likes