May 14 2013
By: Jakob98 Hekseville Citizen 309 posts

What Sony Santa Monica can do for gamers

6 replies 174 views Edited May 14, 2013

Sony Santa Monica, here is what I BELIEVE your team should do for the loyal customers who made you what you are.

I recently read that there will be  no future dlc planned for the single player game. Why not? Why not add a new level , preferably after he tedious snake level. More boss fights were solely needed in this game. Maybe a level that you scrapped or a level near completion that did not make the deadline.

First and foremost, the audio issues should be top priority in single player. No more workarounds, no more excuses just give us a "Yes we will fix this issue once and for all"...and give us a timeframe.

Give us more multiplayer weapons and maps, and maybe evn a couple of different character models. For all of the hype your team put out about this remarkable experience, it is as of late "getting stale".

Perhaps the biggest request lies here. Your next IP . I have a hard time typing this, but Kratos needs a break. I really want a God of War type game but with a different lead character and different mythology. You used to have one of  THE MOST creative teams around but this last game felt like a rehash of 3 with a prettier coat of paint. I would suggest going to the forums and straight out asking the fans what they want in the next ip...why not? Who better to tell you what they would buy than the fans themselves.

Take this as you will , but the series was great until Ascension. We all know the story of Kratos, let's see the story of another tortured soul fighting for redemption, vegeance or whatever it may be. 

I want to see your team return to it's former glory and concentrate on making great games and not concentrating on things the fans have told you they could care lesss about. I would rather have waited another couple of months for a game without the multiplayer and audio issues with more bosses and levels than what we spent our hard earned money on in Ascension. I truly believe your team is as disappointed in themselves as are the fans with you. Also, your project leads should listen to IZZY way more often . The manticore he originally designed was far better than the poor excuse of what ended up in the game. Just some food for thought...

Message 1 of 7 (174 Views)
Fender Bender
2926 posts

Re: What Sony Santa Monica can do for gamers

May 15, 2013
I agree and there's a few threads here they could farm for ideas on SP DLC if they can't come up with anything themselves. Jaffe once talked about Kratos having Egyptian and Norse counterparts, so maybe we could play as one for a few games and then the other for a few games and eventually they could tie it all back together.

Hades vs Kratos on Make A Gif
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif
Message 2 of 7 (150 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

May 15, 2013

The idea of single player dlc sounds not bad but I highly doubt that they will do it cause it would cost even more money to complete incomplete levels. Considering God of War ascension didn't sell that great it is unlikely for Sony to fund such an effort.

I agree that the audio issues should be top priority. I hope we get some information about about their progress on them soon.

Now where I disagree with you is that SSM should ask the fans where they should go with their next IP. I disagree because everytime I read people saying something like: "that would be awesome" or "they should do this next" I think most ideas are really badly thought out (partly because most people do not know how to design video games). I think we shoud let the creative minds at SSM do their work and let the artists realize it.

Message 3 of 7 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

May 15, 2013

I do agree it is pretty lame that there is no single player dlc coming. But what can they even add on to it? if you think about it. The multiplayer just seems stale because they havnt built alot onto it just yet. We got some cool armor and weapon dlc but once the new maps roll out itll rekindle that flame. I think the multiplayer is just fine now personally. It's hard but rewarding if you have a good game. 

As far as their next IP, I'm hopeful for a game with just the same basic gameplay as GOW and the epic battle sequences, but not nescessarilly mythology based... Just ANY kind of cool action game with GOW's style to it would be cool

Message 4 of 7 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
356 posts

May 15, 2013

This isnt the first time people have mentioned about single player DLC. But its not gonna happen. I found this quote from somebody from santa monica          “as much as we’d love to explore single-player DLC, we do not have any plans at this stage that would make sense for the single-player campaign and where the story ends.” “It’s not for lack of desire on our part, but we are committed to evolving our Multiplayer mode.” I was fine with the other games not having single player DLC so it doesnt really matter to me.

Message 5 of 7 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

May 15, 2013
Kratos vs The Barbarian Horde would be perfect single player DLC.

Message 6 of 7 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1944 posts

May 15, 2013

dirtyhippie324 wrote:
Kratos vs The Barbarian Horde would be perfect single player DLC.

I have also thought of this, but the problem was the weapon Kratos would use. So what I thought of u would be using the Arms of Sparta spear which would be like the MP spear. And intead of magic/elements u will being able to switch between world weapons. Like the sword would be the sword of valor(its already in the game, u see the Sparta king start handing it to Kratos), and u get a shield which would be with the Arms of Sparta shield skin. Instead of u loosing the world weapons when u discard them, u get them back after a cool down. Well this is what Ive thought of for the weapons if they make a dlc that is b4 he served Ares.

Message 7 of 7 (116 Views)
0 Likes