Wastelander
679 posts

Re: Trying to get all GoW Plats

Feb 26, 2013
Good luck on that epic journey, I platinum those games awhile ago. You can get those done together in a week tops son!
Message 11 of 41 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
348 posts

Feb 26, 2013
There's a challenge in CoO that almost made me rip my hair out. It's the one that had you fighting the room full of fire soldiers, and one hit would kill Kratos. I think you had to defeat 20 to beat the challenge.

That was my most frustrating moment in obtaining plats for the entire Saga. Otherwise, the trophies are pretty straightforward. I didn't even know you could use costumes to get the Speed of Jason McDonald trophy. I assumed costumes negated trophies. So I pretty much got that one on a legit, albeit easy, playthrough.
Message 12 of 41 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
503 posts

Feb 27, 2013
SPARTANSSTANDTALL right?!
Message 13 of 41 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5674 posts

Feb 28, 2013
Jose: >quick roll
GoW1 offers faster means. Jump canceled evades are faster at lvl1, but don't steer well or allow cancels into jumps out of evades. lvl2+ Blades have Hermes Rush to cancel and steer with. Much faster and easier to work with. Loads of options for skips, exploits, etc. A casual wouldn't need much of any of that though. Just abuse a costume on a lower setting and be done with it. Doing it the natural way wouldn't be so hard either, but who wants to put effort in for those meaningless trophies, eh?

Lord: >Plat
Bah. Challenge runs are more worthwhile.

Shiki: >CoH in CoO
That 'perfect' case gave you so much trouble?

>assumed
That's what you get for assuming without testing. Lesson well learned.

Message 14 of 41 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Feb 28, 2013
I platinumed em all long time ago and I think the 'hardest' trophies were those where you have to beat all challenges. You should have no problems to platinum them before GoW:Ascension release.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ImageImageImage
Message 15 of 41 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
864 posts

Feb 28, 2013
So that's how people do it in two hours. I just thought they used unlimited magic. In any case I like the trophies, they present pretty decent challenges. I will try the NUR as soon as I replace them.
Message 16 of 41 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5674 posts

Feb 28, 2013
Navi: >Plat
And what of vanilla VH?

Jose: >how they do it in two hours
Good God, man. You think two hours is notable in GoW1? And that these are the means to go fast? Read up on the Glitch FAQs by AKheon where myself and others have helped inform about speedrunning the games. Or you can just refer to my playlist of the runners (like satvara, tyrhhjy, etc.).

>just using unlimited magic
To get 50 minute runs, you need more than that, friend.

>will try the NUR
Just the regular NUR or NUR+? The former is not using EXP for upgrades. The latter is that plus the NER (not using 'whatever' means to get extensions to HP, MP, etc. *your bars*). And if it isn't on VH, it means nothing. If you wish to start with a VH NUR rather than NUR+, that's fine. I'll instruct either way.
Message 17 of 41 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
864 posts

Mar 1, 2013
For now can I just get info for GoS and CoO? Those are the only ones I have right now. Could you also provide me with a link?
Message 18 of 41 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5674 posts

Mar 2, 2013
>GoS and CoO
Pity.

>info
What sort of info exactly? Narrow the field, would you please?

>only ones you have
Shame. I'll work with what I have though.

>provide a link
Again, to what exactly? I note multiple things. I presume you don't refer to SP evaluation, challenge runs, damage values, etc. Rather, the Glitch FAQs (there wasn't one for GoS that I can recall) and playlists for glitches (and, more importantly, speedruns). Is this accurate?
Message 19 of 41 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
864 posts

Mar 2, 2013
I meant the speed runs and glitches.
Message 20 of 41 (77 Views)
0 Likes