Monster Hunter
34 posts

Re: Trials of Archimedes useful tips for success!

Mar 20, 2013
Something that will really help with the fight:

Maxed Blades of Chaos.
Maxed fire element. (1 element is good enough)
Maxed Oath stone of Orkos.
Maxed Amulet of Uroborus.
Message 31 of 59 (365 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Mar 20, 2013

Yeah I'm thinking of starting a new game to make sure I get the upgrades I want. I will beat this before the patch! (I turned my network connection off lol)

Message 32 of 59 (362 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 20, 2013

The best way to beat it without having to restart and upgrade your weapons is to have patience and block alot. Get a few hits then block use your magic whenever possible the second and third levels are easy, it's just the first with the witches and gorgons that is the hardest also use alot of freezing with the amulet and the orkos stone comes in handy .

Message 33 of 59 (359 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 20, 2013

Idk about you guys, but half the time the block doesn't even work for me.  It's really disappointing after playing the other games.

Message 34 of 59 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1616 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2013

Thanks all for all the helpful tips. When i did my first play through on normal. i was stuck on this part for atleast 30-45 minutes. Now on my first playthrough on hard. i completed it on my first try within 5-10 minutes tops.. I was worried about this part when i got to it but it was super easy second time around now that i had way more experience with the game. @BLK . block is so bad , i havent used it once on my hard playthrough. soon as the trails start use your amulet and oath stone..then go straight into destruction of ares x2. roll around till your oath stone/amulet is off cool again and repeat. hack and slash them till red pops over their head. grapple and refill magic. I went to the second floor with more than half health and full magic. did the same thing for second and third level.

Message 35 of 59 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11800 posts

Mar 20, 2013

^could you help me out? we have another player claiming it is "impossible to beat" on normal difficulty over in the "normal setting goes to hard at the end" thread -_-

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 36 of 59 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
287 posts

Mar 20, 2013
Since when does 4 enemies give kratos so much trouble? And to really add insult to injury they are girls lmfao... it's a f-ing joke!!! This is by far the hardest part of any GOW game only because there are only 4 enemies on screen at once. I still think the original GOW where you fight your clones to protect your family is harder but there are 10-15 enemies on screen and you have to give your health to your family so understandably it was hard. This part is hard is a very stupid very cheap way. I don't want them to change the difficulty I just want a checkpoint between stages of the trial, not a save point tho cause that would suck. Only a checkpoint so I can restart where I died. Easy fix without changing difficulty.
Message 37 of 59 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5827 posts

Mar 27, 2013
>10-15 on screen
Half that.

>it was hard
Not with the right tactic and upgrades. Not even a little. Without those? Beyond anything else in the series to date.
Message 38 of 59 (301 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Apr 7, 2013

I have played GoW 1,2 and 3! By far, the Trials of Archimedes is the hardest level I've ever played, out of all of them...my opinion.

Message 39 of 59 (284 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Apr 7, 2013
I feel ya 100%!!!
Message 40 of 59 (282 Views)
0 Likes