Keyblade Wielder
10163 posts

Re: Thoughts and concerns regarding E3 single player demo

Jun 11, 2012

c3RAMburger wrote:

This almost makes it sound like you know more about the combat system than the actual people making the game lol. Or at the very least exploited intricacies they may be unaware of through their own testing.  I myself am hoping for a more tier-based combat system, kinda like checks and balances they mentioned in MP for every enemy class and also weapons.  Grunts could be defeated with pretty much any weapon or attack while higher-tiered enemies would require more specific strategies/weapons.  Changing tactics from enemy to enemy would keep the combat from getting stale and repetitive, or spamming one weapon. 

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

God of War 3 did that a little bit.  They would insert shield foes into regular crowds so you'd have to change weapons.

Other than that not really but I know what you mean.  I wouldn't mind, though, being able to select a weapon of choice and be able to use that...problem being (for me) is that god of war doesn't really do that.  The blades are usually the only thing that are usable. 

Message 21 of 22 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5836 posts

Re: Thoughts and concerns regarding E3 single player demo

Jun 11, 2012

RAM: >more about the combat system than the makers

In terms of playing it?  No doubt about it.  As for how it works and such, the opposite would hold true.

>exploits

Also my territory.  Glitches and such are more for AKheon and findlestick in particular.  Satvara too (when he can be bothered to get to work).  Speedrunners too, those boys.

>require

I don't support the notion of HAVING to use anything in particular at all as it was with Cestus being forced with Onyx.  Encouraged strongly, sure, but not forced.

>changing tactics between foes

If you don't do that naturally, there is another sort of issue at the heart of things that their forcing it on everyone else won't address.  Just as GoWIII had Onyx for this, it had 'chain weapons' because the other sub-weapons needed to appeal to chaps who didn't stray from the Blades to begin with.

GoldHawk: >only usable weapon

Now you know that's heresy to a vet like myself.

Message 22 of 22 (97 Views)
0 Likes