Mar 16 2013
By: sorullo77 Hekseville Citizen 313 posts

The million dollar question, Ascension VS Gow 3

[ Edited ]
64 replies 15337 views Edited Mar 16, 2013

I don't know about you guys, but so far I still feel and think that GOw 3 is way better game than this one, so far i haven't  get any mayor challenges as i did on GOW3, no mayor boss, it seens a game for kids rather than adults. 

I want some challlenges like  I used to have with Hades, etc, etc. 

this game is not even close to a real GOW. sorry if  I don't agree with a lot of you guys but is the true. a tasteless and boring game, I even feel that Darksiders 2 keeps me playing for hours and Gow it just makes me leave the PS3 alone. Smiley Frustrated

The only thing i found interesting is the Multiplayer, and I'm affraid our predictions were right, they are killing a good game to just focus on multiplayer. we are gonna end up like COD, just buying the game for the Multiplayer rather that the quality of the campain.

Message 1 of 65 (15,337 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
130 posts

Re: The million dollar question, Ascension VS Gow 3

Mar 16, 2013

I DO NOT ACUERO, GOW 3 WAS THE WORST OF THE SAGA FOR ME AND GOW GOW 2 1 with the limitation of the graphics are the best ... ASCENSION AND THIS HAS ACHIEVED MILTIPLAYER especially since you can download NEW WEAPONS ECT ...

...........MUERE MORTAL
Message 2 of 65 (15,328 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Mar 16, 2013

Isn't a easy question, but i choose GoW III for Best game of the GoW Saga, Ascension have best Arsenal of Combos, weapons and magic, better graphics than GoW III,  But simply GoW III is the most Epic God of War game ever! Even more than GoW I !

Message 3 of 65 (15,308 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2926 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

GoW3 was the worst of the saga for me. There was nothing wrong with it from a technical standpoint, I just hated the story and the writing. Ascension seems decent so far.

EDIT: Much has changed since this post. I had only played through the story in Ascension about halfway once when I wrote this and hadn't touched the MP yet. After playing through a few times now and playing the MP, Ascension has proven to be much worse than GoW3 in a variety of ways. In short, it's an embarassment to the series.

Hades vs Kratos on Make A Gif
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif
Message 4 of 65 (15,297 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
313 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 16, 2013

I know a lot of you guys like this Gow Ascension 'cause of the Multiplayer, and that's exactly what we don't want, This is not Call of Duty, it should be the same effort that they deliver on the Multiplaer should be on the Campaign. and that's what GOW 3 has. Probably  GOW 3 don't have great graphic but the campaign is just great and challenging, ascension is just Graphics and lost of taste  and not challenging. 

for example, Darksiders 2 don't have great graphics but it has a great history line and campaign, actually a long campaign, it just makes me sit and play for hours and it has cool bosses to fight againts.  like i used to do it on Gow 3 , it's just fun

Ascension has none on that, you see I wish that the effort that they did on multiplayer could've be deliver on the campain also.

In other words , you know when you are in love with a woman and when a woman just disappoints you. lame game.. Smiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 65 (15,281 Views)
Lombax Warrior
240 posts

Mar 16, 2013

I would have to say GOW3. ascenion feels like i am playing a Polished PSP game if you look at the start of the came when kratos is in chains and he pulls the blade out of the wall the other hads looks like the chain is going throw it instead of pulling it. stuff like this i saw in the demo and was hoping they would have fix it be for the game came out BAD QC

Message 6 of 65 (15,257 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Mar 16, 2013

I haven't finished Ascension yet; hopefully have time this weekend, but I like the gameplay and level design more overall than any other GoW.  

I will say 3 had more epic boss fights (opening, Hades and Hercules) and musical score though.  The pacing was also pretty good.  

Personally I'd say that while 3's opening was more stylish, the last part of Ascension's opening battle was also technically more impressive than anything before it.  The physics alone probably wouldn't have run on GoW 3's engine, along with the increased level of detail.  

Message 7 of 65 (15,249 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31185 posts

Mar 16, 2013
I prefer Ascension over 3. Especially the ending.
Message 8 of 65 (15,218 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Mar 16, 2013

c3, Ascension IS RUNNING on the GOW3 engine. It is the enginr that SSM developed just as 3 was wrapping up. Stig said it was simply too late to add it into 3 but it would be used later, hence Ascension.Graphically Ascension is supoerior but God of War 3 TROMPS it every other way possible. 

Message 9 of 65 (15,210 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Mar 17, 2013
GOW:Ascension is the best GOW game yet. It has the best combat, puzzles, soundtrack and graphics of the entire franchise. It is not as epic as GOW3, but the game is really awesome.

The thing I think is missing from GOW:A is that the first battle should have been against Ares, Obviously kratos would lose, but it would have been ultra epic a fight against ARES as soon the game begins.
Message 10 of 65 (15,199 Views)