Highlighted
Feb 05 2013
By: Zorrillo90 Wastelander 657 posts

Speculation About the GOW Ascension SP

4 replies 226 views Edited Feb 5, 2013

When I watched From Ashes trailer I'm having a imagination of a Kratos before He becomes servant to Ares w/o Blade of Chaos to be a part of the game using similar multiplayer weapons where you will be able to choose from, that would be a nice thing for the devs to do I mean that Blade of Chaos is cool but playing a 10 hrs game using the same awesome weapons till the end is cool but not enough variety for players like me, for me that was the only missing thing at least for god of war 3 I'm not saying the other games weren't great I love GOW own all of them and it's one my favorite but I'm just mentioning my point of view.

Message 1 of 5 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
859 posts

Re: Speculation About the GOW Ascension SP

Feb 5, 2013

Well, there will be lots of sub-weapons in the SP.

These are the ones I heard in an interview: Sword, Spear, Shield, Sling, Hammer, and there will probably be more.

As for the blades, there will be 4 different elements to them: Fire, Ice, Electricity, and Soul.

Each element has it's own abilities, specials, and magics.

If you use the Fire Blades, you can stun an enemy.

I believe Ice Blades freeze them or slow them down.

Also killing enemies in different ways will give you different orbs, i.e. Health Orbs, Magic Orbs, and EXP Orbs.

So looks like there will be a lot of variety and different ways to approach the SP. Smiley Happy

Erebus..jpg
Message 2 of 5 (199 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5821 posts

Feb 6, 2013
Zorrillo: >imagined scenario
Same as what myself and others were hoping for. It was not to be.

>not enough variety
>notes GoWIII as an example of this
You never learned how to properly use the secondary weapons?

Disturbed: >sub-weapons
Calling the WWs that is rather generous.

>more
Unarmed, Sword, Javelin, Club, Shield and Sling. That's it. No more. No less.

>four elements
Just so.

>properties of non-fire weapons
We don't know for sure. The guess with ice is safe to say. Slowing at least. Freezing (for shatters) at most.

>different orbs
Never got around to testing that in the demo. I just don't care enough about EXP. But unique orb drops like HP, MP, etc. are important...just that fire rage at full milks MP orbs quite a bit and getting it full for rage dumps produces an HP chest sized burst of orbs...

>ways to approach
Ways to "break" it rather. Too easily, from the looks of things. We shall see how it has changed since the build meant to let the devs look good and make the convention casuals feel more capable than they are.
Message 3 of 5 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
859 posts

Feb 7, 2013

That's the four elements Todd Papy mentioned in an interview. Meaning, one type for each MP God.

Also, I forgot to add that each type of the blades have their own unique Rage as well.

I quite like the way Rage is in this game.

If you play well enough, you can use it in every fight. That means combos, blocking, parrying, dodging, etc.

In all the others you would just save it up as long as you could until you DESPERATELY needed it.

Erebus..jpg
Message 4 of 5 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5821 posts

Feb 7, 2013
>four elements
I'm quite aware.

>forgot to add
I didn't. Thus the coverage (at length).

>quite like
I don't. Most vets hate it. Auto-activation is a travesty. It doesn't grant tanking, unblockable hits, higher Armor %, higher Power %, etc. Just altered hit properties, alternate kill orb drops, granting back moves taken by the rage itself, adding a single hit to some specials (while screwing with their damage), etc. How it works in the full version remains to be seen, but it isn't looking good. Filling that fast is absurd and the exploits I found for it were too numerous, too easy and too effective.

>use in every fight
>play well enough
If you aren't an absolute casual, you can get it multiple times in a fight and rather easily.

>combos
No need to get fancy. Also, rage worth varies. Most all WW hits give nothing in meter. Magic too. Items as well. Grabs are immune to shrinkage. Normal hits halve in worth after activation (50 of 100 units). There are a variety of properties that I go over. Did you read up on all that?

>blocking
Doesn't give any meter.

>parrying
Didn't give any yet. Should in the full version.

>dodging
Same as with parrying.

>save until needed
Sounds like the ideal. A proper 'super state'. Not gimping the normal Kratos and forcing constant rage to get his crap back.
Message 5 of 5 (82 Views)
0 Likes