Treasure Hunter
5836 posts

Re: Single Player or Multiplayer First?

Jan 25, 2013
Disturbed: >what is "vanilla"
You're unaware of this gaming terminology? It is to do a run without special conditions, restrictions, etc. Plain. Like Vanilla.

Davie: >without mods
That...too. Sort of odd that this is how you would answer rather than how I did.
Message 11 of 30 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Agree to disagree.

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 12 of 30 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5836 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

Not necessarily. Both definitions hold. One has priority though. Doing a 'vanilla' run with mods is possible, for instance. Depends on the mod in question. It's just strange to see the mod talk take precedence over playing a game 'normally' in terms of the definition used for the explanation (indeed, leaving out what I offered up).

Message 13 of 30 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
859 posts

Jan 26, 2013

So, by playing "Vanilla", you mean like not exploiting any of the game's or AI's weaknesses?

Erebus..jpg
Message 14 of 30 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Jan 26, 2013

GodModeGOD wrote:

Not necessarily. Both definitions hold. One has priority though. Doing a 'vanilla' run with mods is possible, for instance. Depends on the mod in question. It's just strange to see the mod talk take precedence over playing a game 'normally' in terms of the definition used for the explanation (indeed, leaving out what I offered up).

That is not correct.

Message 15 of 30 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 26, 2013

Single player first.

Lets hope your version of this post stays on topic not like mine Smiley Tongue

photo GOWsignature_zps3e9f70f3.png
Message 16 of 30 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
859 posts

Jan 26, 2013

GODOFWAR142 wrote:

Single player first.

Lets hope your version of this post stays on topic not like mine Smiley Tongue

Oh sorry about that I didn't see your post before I made mine. Smiley Embarassed

Erebus..jpg
Message 17 of 30 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

Jan 26, 2013

Haha its ok. I really didn't get much answers in mine anyways with Metalgearsolid and GodModeGod arguing.

photo GOWsignature_zps3e9f70f3.png
Message 18 of 30 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5836 posts

Jan 28, 2013
Disturbed: >not exploiting
No. Just playing without restrictions. Challenge runs tend to focus on self-imposed challenges. Be it speed, disallowing certain mechanics/tools, not allowing damage/deaths, etc. Vanilla is to just do whatever. Full use of upgrades, extensions, mechanics and tools. Abuse of AI and other such things is allowed in all runs.

David: >not correct
Don't be foolish and argue on this matter. Vanilla is used to mean "basic" or "plain". When you're talking about a SP series for consoles, modding, expansions, etc. should not even come to mind. That is is already noted as a type of run should have made it all the more clear. Mind your surroundings.

I already offered you an out, while merely questioning your giving a secondary case the sole mention. You should be grateful on two fronts, boy.

NOTE: You're not some sort of casual who fancies the likes of Skyrim, I trust.

GOW: >MGS
Who?
Message 19 of 30 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Jan 28, 2013

GodModeGOD wrote:
Disturbed: >not exploiting
No. Just playing without restrictions. Challenge runs tend to focus on self-imposed challenges. Be it speed, disallowing certain mechanics/tools, not allowing damage/deaths, etc. Vanilla is to just do whatever. Full use of upgrades, extensions, mechanics and tools. Abuse of AI and other such things is allowed in all runs.

David: >not correct
Don't be foolish and argue on this matter. Vanilla is used to mean "basic" or "plain". When you're talking about a SP series for consoles, modding, expansions, etc. should not even come to mind. That is is already noted as a type of run should have made it all the more clear. Mind your surroundings.

I already offered you an out, while merely questioning your giving a secondary case the sole mention. You should be grateful on two fronts, boy.

NOTE: You're not some sort of casual who fancies the likes of Skyrim, I trust.

GOW: >MGS
Who?

Silly StarKiller, so arrogant.

Message 20 of 30 (95 Views)
0 Likes