Lombax Warrior
233 posts

Re: SP vs Mp

Jan 18, 2013

ok you guys you always seem to get off topic....you complain about him so much and yet you all talk about him so I don't think you guys can really complain. If it bothers you dont respond to him. Is it really that hard for you too do.

photo GOWsignature_zps3e9f70f3.png
Message 31 of 50 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Jan 18, 2013

we were just making some valid points is all.

Message 32 of 50 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5705 posts

Jan 18, 2013
Fandago: >go away
I'll be here when you've long since gone, my boy. A fair weather fan such as yourself is just passing through. But you can be more. I can help you achieve this. You just have to let me save you from yourself.

>wasn't talking to me
Doesn't really seem to stop me from directing comments your way, does it? It is for your own good.

>GOW3
I'm not that interested in discussing Gears.

>rented
And that excuses your failure to complete it how?

>playing on Hard
Glorified Normal. It barely changes. Easy to Normal and Hard to Very Hard are the biggest gaps between settings. Normal and Hard are almost the same thing.

This in a famously casual and accessible series playtested to be accessible on Normal. You are awarded no excuses for your poor showing. Rather than dwell on the past, let us correct it.

>don't care
You say that, yet here you are. Your words and actions are not in agreement, student of mine.

>iterests
What?

>a little RPG-like
RPG fans would, no doubt, take exception to that talk. Hotel certainly would.

>character
>same champion
>different load out
How very generous. A bit loose with the term, don't you think?

>million
More likely somewhere around twenty. It doesn't seem like it'll be that good. The damage is done. An inferior team is heading this secondary focus. A natural consequence of the foolishness that was the "mandate". Not students of history, I see.

>your point
You haven't one, my boy.

>big game about PvE
>challenges to PvP
You still have much to learn, my boy.

>easy to overcome AI
And yet you couldn't do it. If what you say is so, then you're unworthy as my opponent, wouldn't you agree? Or would you like to try again with your position? If you imagine it will help, I'd be willing to teach you the ways of the vets. Maybe then you could speak of these matters.

>real people acting
Like the casuals that make up the audience. As bad or worse than DSP. As Hotel noted, they are trash beneath even the AI by and large. They come, they go.

>nothing but knock on MP
You say this, but it only takes one case to defeat this 'point'. I've aided GoldenHawk with a thread of his before. I have no regard for MP, this is known. However, my disdain carries over to the handling of SP too. Or hadn't you noticed?

NOTE: You should be grateful there are chaps such as myself to prevent the echo chamber of bad ideas from getting out of control. One who actually knows GoW and can act as an authority. Someone has to do it. I accept my role and take pleasure in giving back to the community. One that has molded me and I've molded in turn.

>knocked down from being GMG
I've already denoted how nothing of the sort is possible through MP. Only in SP.

>a punk
You seem cross, Fandango. But why?

>the skills claimed
I claim no "skill". Not in the sense of Shinobier. Rather, the 'skill' of knowledge, familiarity/experience, etc. An aptitude for testing (cheap tactics, exploits/glitches, values/percentiles, etc.) is another claim I can easily make. This besides a fine record in the vet community.

Don't make the mistake of deceiving yourself. I am all I say I am. What you take issue with is obvious. You're just stuck on the 'personality' attached to the vet among vets you contend with. It is a very common issue. I get plenty of these reactions from the easily offended.

>humor jest
Rather, teach my fellow vets exploits/glitches and the like. Arming them so that they might do 'God's work'. I have a soft spot for MP in the form of griefing. One of the few aspects I can admire.

>no proving
Come now. You know better.

>real proof
Is in the SP. Higher level challenge runs. I can help you realize the potential. You just have to stop running, making excuses, etc. Have no fear when you've got GMG on your side.

>had no idea
The case seems to frequently be so. In time, you will learn your lessons well.

>collection
Oh? Shall you fail to clear those as well? Or would you prefer lessons to begin with GoW1 and GoWII? Wouldn't hurt my feelings. GoWIII isn't held in as high a regard as those two. GoW:A is likely to place between GoS and GoWIII.

>we were just
Comforting each other like battered women. It is no use.

Derek: >doesn't play the MP
As a series vet, it would be strange if I did, don't you think? One picks their favorite genres and franchises based on certain tastes. This is not one that jives with such things.

>easy to call yourself the best
You say that while knowing so little of how to play the series? But I can help you. With my aid, you can learn the ropes properly.

>the day
Don't kid yourself. You won't last with this entry even with this distraction from the core. One such as myself is only interested in griefing anyway. You would just end up making topics complaining about the exploits, cheap tactics, etc. I'm just glad AI doesn't whine like players can and do.

>SP beta
>beta
Oh, you.

>solid enough
Not even at bottom dollar.

>old man
You going to warm my lap, sonny?

Carp: >changes things
How so?

>hole life
>hole
Oh, you.

>ego damaged
How would PvP have any barring on my pride as a GoW vet? GoW is a SP series. The MP is alien to this base I work from. I'm the rocks of the eternal shore, my boy.

>easy trophies
Just so. It is why I argued for more severe cases (punishing trophy **bleep**). Can't allow them to get the Plat so easily.

At the very least, one would expect the Plat to force players to overcome the highest settings and get all they can. This is hardly the case in GoW history. Joke and progression based trophies.

But there is no chance they'll ever treat them as more than a selling point. This much is obvious.

So that leaves the matter to the communities veterans. We're busy boys, you see.

GOW: >always
Tends to be so in almost any given thread of any board of any forum of any website, really. Inevitable.

>complain about their benefactor
Gnashing of teeth, thrashing about and general whining is not an uncommon reaction.

>just talk about me
I'd prefer they step it up and learn the ways of GoW. I'm a resource here. I'm to be used properly. I've come to teach lessons. And lessons I do teach.

>don't respond
They lack the strength of will to even manage such a weak course. Their stamina isn't up for it, I'd dare say. One way or another, they would have faded within a short span of time. This is known.

>really that hard
Seems so. If I was what they claim, their course of action would be foolhardy indeed.
Message 33 of 50 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Jan 18, 2013

Fandago: >go away
I'll be here when you've long since gone, my boy. A fair weather fan such as yourself is just passing through. But you can be more. I can help you achieve this. You just have to let me save you from yourself.

I plan to play this game for a very long time because I truly enjoy the multiplayer and I will dabble in singleplayer inbetween playing online and playing other games.  I will at least be playing this game for a year after release.

>GOW3
I'm not that interested in discussing Gears.

no one is talking about Gears.

>rented
And that excuses your failure to complete it how?

Yeah considering I only had it for 2 days and I don't have all day to play considering I have a job and family. GOW may be your life but I have other things to do in my life aside from play games.

>character
>same champion
>different load out
How very generous. A bit loose with the term, don't you think?

Point being all of the load outs play differently with different weapons, armor and abilities.

>easy to overcome AI
And yet you couldn't do it. If what you say is so, then you're unworthy as my opponent, wouldn't you agree? Or would you like to try again with your position? If you imagine it will help, I'd be willing to teach you the ways of the vets. Maybe then you could speak of these matters.

Yet again only had the game 2 days with other things to do as well. I could do it if I put my time and energy into it I just prefer playing games online.

NOTE: You should be grateful there are chaps such as myself to prevent the echo chamber of bad ideas from getting out of control. One who actually knows GoW and can act as an authority. Someone has to do it. I accept my role and take pleasure in giving back to the community. One that has molded me and I've molded in turn.

No if there were only people like you then nothing would ever change in the gaming world. People like you are afraid of change therefore you don't welcome it and the video game industry is always changing to keep things fresh otherwise they get stale.

>knocked down from being GMG
I've already denoted how nothing of the sort is possible through MP. Only in SP.

The name may have come for singleplayer but multiplayer is where the true challenge lies in any game.

>real proof
Is in the SP. Higher level challenge runs. I can help you realize the potential. You just have to stop running, making excuses, etc. Have no fear when you've got GMG on your side.

Yet again no fear more like boredom, singleplayer to me is boring and doesn't support the gameplay that I enjoy.

>the day
Don't kid yourself. You won't last with this entry even with this distraction from the core. One such as myself is only interested in griefing anyway. You would just end up making topics complaining about the exploits, cheap tactics, etc. I'm just glad AI doesn't whine like players can and do.

As I said earlier I plan on playing this game online for a long time. Secondly the only thing I will complain about is if someone figures out a glitch and abuses it because there is never skill in abusing a glitch.

>ego damaged
How would PvP have any barring on my pride as a GoW vet? GoW is a SP series. The MP is alien to this base I work from. I'm the rocks of the eternal shore, my boy

It was a SP series however now it is both SP and MP so if you want to truly be as good as you think you are you will play online and prove your worth. As for me I am mastering the online for example going 11 kills with 0 deaths last night in favor of the gods.

>don't respond
They lack the strength of will to even manage such a weak course. Their stamina isn't up for it, I'd dare say. One way or another, they would have faded within a short span of time. This is known.

I choose to respond because I'm not gonna get cyber bullied by some punk kid who has nothing better to do with his life then talk trash to every single person in a forum. You are the type that talks crap over the internet because you can get away with it without getting hit in the jaw.

Message 34 of 50 (211 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5705 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 18, 2013

>another alt.font color
Come now. Know shame, my boy.

>for a very long time
So a month? *hohoho*

>because
You forgot the comma.

>truly enjoy MP
You have no experience with MP in this genre. Did you even sample DMC3: SE or DI's co-op? NGS2? What of NG3's MP? You don't even have a working idea of what this genre is (as you're a casual). But I can help you better appreciate what you're dealing with.

>dabble in SP
But never clear lower settings? Surely you won't repeat that pitiful display again.

>playing other games
You can't even stay focused on a given title, can you?

>for a year
With copious and sizable breaks, perhaps. Let us not kid ourselves. You don't have it in you. It isn't nature. Why you pretend otherwise is the real question. Not whether you will do the noted or not (you won't).

>no one is talking about Gears
Self-deprecation? Calling yourself "no one" is a bit much. This said, you very specifically mentioned Gears.

>2 days
That's more than enough time to clear "Hard". Time enough for the Plat if you're in a rush, but that is a bit much.

>don't have all day to play
Then you waste money on rentals you haven't the time for? Foolishness, Fandango. Foolishness.

>GOW
There you go again. Gabbing about Gears.

>my life
A hobby, rather.

>other things
Sounds like an excuse popular among casuals. Why not just accept what you are rather than fighting the correctly applied label? You can't even hope to become anything in MP without investing time.

You're just a casual through and through. Nothing wrong with it. Just that you're so put off with your own standing and do nothing about it save deny the obvious even as I offer you aid.

>point being
They're not separate characters. Be more careful with your chosen terms in the future.

>if there were only gents like myself
You deliberately misrepresent the noted. I said it is fortunate there are those like myself to shake things up among 'the other'.

>afraid of change
Nonsense. Just wise enough to know bad ideas when we see them. Minding history helps. Good change is welcomed. Bad change is not to be given a pass.

>get stale
Spoken like a casual.

>in any game
What of games that don't have it? No challenge? Surely you wouldn't imply as such beyond a mere jest. This said, MP is a joke. One separate from my work. To be mocked from affair as it dwindles and dies.

>come for
>for
"From", rather. And when it is stated that the title is SP centric (PvE), literally nothing about MP's PvP could ever change this. The two are simply differently worlds. To make the distinction even more clear, Kratos exists. The avatar of SP plays quite differently from the MP champions. He has rage, double jumps, the Blades, full range of grab options, less recovery, more speed, double jump, proper 'items', etc. What is GoW without Kratos? What is Kratos without the Blades? As a vet among vets, I claim mastery over the core of GoW. Nothing more. This distraction is just that.

>no fear
You some manner of non-native speaker, son? You make these curious errors fairly regularly.

>not fear
It's obviously fear. It's time to step it up, son. I can help. You just have to let me.
NOTE: The way you hide from the SP experience that is the core of the series is telling. That you would look for MP even in the wrong genres is even more so. A bit narrow-minded, don't you think? Expand your horizons, why don't you? You value such notions, do you not? I can help you to realize that potential.

>only thing you'll complain about
>glitching
You'll whine about that and more. Exploits too. Cheap tactics are a certainty. And what you call "cheap" will prove grounds for mockery from others in the MP community. It is inevitable.

>now it is both
Not even close. DS2 introduced this heresy. DS3 even goes so far as to put in optional co-op into the SP. It remains (for now), a SP series. Playing horror (even as it transforms into 'Action') with 'friends'. Ridiculous.

>to be as good as I say
I need only do what I do. Continue testing for exploits/glitches, aid with the FAQs, teach new players to become vets, overcome challenge runs, find my own tactics/techniques, make the run skeletons, etc. I've already begun this process with GoW:A through the demo as had been done with the other titles before it.

I've learned a good deal about how things work with regards to rage filling, damage dealing, terrain/AI interaction, new tools, etc.

>online
There is no online SP in GoW beyond the joke that is the trophies.

>still prattling on about K/D
It's like you never learn. You're no good at SP, because you shy away. You're not good at MP, because you're simply lacking. I can help you with one of these. You need only muster the courage rather than make excuses and divert away.

>choose to respond because
You can't help yourself. Your will is weak. Your word, dubious. Surely you must know better and yet here you are. Fruitlessly struggling in an impossible scenario. Trapped by your pride. Your inability to compromise prevents you from taking advantage of my generosity. That you are uncomfortable with being a casual is the reason I see fit to offer you this aid at all. Were you to be at all proud of who and what you are, you would not put on a show like this.

>not gonna get
If I were what you claimed, you would be actively be contributing to your own 'bullying'. You would be playing right into it. Or don't you understand this?

>cyber bully
It doesn't work that way. First the talk of trolling (offensive labeling of a legitimate user in this case) and now this? Do you realize the difference between the two types denoted? You're simply overly sensitive. Make no mistake about that, my boy. You've a bully complex. Seeing attacks where there are none. This mental block is only a harm to you. I advise you introspect on this.

>punk kid
You wound me, sir.

>nothing better to do
Besides showing others how to better enjoy their purchase? I'm a regular saint, aren't I?

>then talk
>then
"Than", rather.

>talk trash
You're the one falling into the trappings of MP. Not I.

>every person
Nonsense. You're simply letting your perceived status as a victim lead to words you know to be untrue.

>in a forum
When do you recall my 'attacks' upon the gent, Hotel, Franchise, SBK, solid, Zehan, Deeb, etc.? Fandango, this accusation is "nuts'. You dig?

>the type who
Would spare a great deal of time and effort to help others. As I noted, saintly.

>can get away with it
If that were so, what good does this talk of yours do you? You're powerless by your own admission. Completely outclassed in a language you struggle with in game series you know exceedingly little about. You've no ground to stand on in legitimate conversation and fall back on cheap insults standard to forum discourse where the easily offended (thin of skin) lash out.

>hit in the jaw
You going to make another mistake in playing the role of ITG, boy-o? Do you even lift? *hohoho* Mind your surroundings. It is good advice. Take it. It's free.

NOTE: None of this addresses when you'll get back GoWIII for that run you didn't complete. This besides the Collection for our future collaborations.

Message 35 of 50 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Jan 18, 2013

Then you waste money on rentals you haven't the time for? Foolishness, Fandango. Foolishness.

You don't have to play other games of the gnre to know how to enjoy Gow:A MP... You're taking things WAY too serious.

>2 days
That's more than enough time to clear "Hard". Time enough for the Plat if you're in a rush, but that is a bit much.

I see you don't have anything usefull to do with your life. Unless you consider playing videogames is all you're good at, old boy. That would esplain a lot of things.

>nothing better to do
Besides showing others how to better enjoy their purchase? I'm a regular saint, aren't I?

It seems you have your own deffiniton of 'enjoy'. You think enjoy is stay all day playing the game, pass it like 30 times and then go at a forum and said how good you think you are... 

Message 36 of 50 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Jan 19, 2013

>truly enjoy MP
You have no experience with MP in this genre. Did you even sample DMC3: SE or DI's co-op? NGS2? What of NG3's MP? You don't even have a working idea of what this genre is (as you're a casual). But I can help you better appreciate what you're dealing with.

Considering the only experience with MP in the genre is the game im playing on buying GOW:A . So your point that I haven't played these other games MP is pointless as they aren't what I'm buying

>dabble in SP
But never clear lower settings? Surely you won't repeat that pitiful display again.

I will play the game as I see fit seeing as I will be the one buying it, when you buy the game for me I'll play it how you deem fit. Also I will beat the game on hard over a period of time.

>playing other games
You can't even stay focused on a given title, can you?

I enjoy playing a set group of games and switching between them on a daily basis. For example I have been switching between PS All Star Battle Royale, Darksiders, NBA 2k13, Grand Torismo 5, Resistance 3, Xcom and the GOW:A beta. I play what I feel most in the mood for at that given time. Also as a sidenote don't judge someone about focus when you don't know them. I have a hard time focusing on one thing because of the fact I was diagnosed with ADHD.  

I don't think $2 was that big of a deal to play a game to test out the series for when the new one was to come out. I only rented it because I was curious if I wanted to buy GOW:A wasn't planning on it until I played the multiplayer beta which I found to be a lot of fun and different from anything else out there.

>my life
A hobby, rather.

You seem to treat it as though it is your line of work when it obviously isn't

>other things
Sounds like an excuse popular among casuals. Why not just accept what you are rather than fighting the correctly applied label? You can't even hope to become anything in MP without investing time.

You can consider me casual as much as you want, I know im not a casual gamer and thats what matters. You enjoy one specific genre of games I enjoy all types of games that does not make me casual it just shows that I have many different interests.

>point being
They're not separate characters. Be more careful with your chosen terms in the future.

You're splitting hairs because obviously you knew what I meant.

>afraid of change
Nonsense. Just wise enough to know bad ideas when we see them. Minding history helps. Good change is welcomed. Bad change is not to be given a pass

You may think it is a bad idea but there are many others who don't feel this way so go ahead and voice your opinion but the numbers are whats going to decide whether or not they continue to make mp in future GOW games.

>come for
>for
"From", rather. And when it is stated that the title is SP centric (PvE), literally nothing about MP's PvP could ever change this. The two are simply differently worlds. To make the distinction even more clear, Kratos exists. The avatar of SP plays quite differently from the MP champions. He has rage, double jumps, the Blades, full range of grab options, less recovery, more speed, double jump, proper 'items', etc. What is GoW without Kratos? What is Kratos without the Blades? As a vet among vets, I claim mastery over the core of GoW. Nothing more. This distraction is just that.

We'll considering that multiplayer is an added feature to the game you have to master that as well if you want to be the so called best at the series.

>not fear
It's obviously fear. It's time to step it up, son. I can help. You just have to let me

It has nothing to do with fear it has to do with choice. I choose not to play videogames specifically for multiplayer typically with a little bit of singleplayer every once in a while. That is how I choose to play games that I purchase and you have no right to tell me how to play them or acuse me of being fearful of SP just because I'm not a fan of it.

only thing you'll complain about
>glitching
You'll whine about that and more. Exploits too. Cheap tactics are a certainty. And what you call "cheap" will prove grounds for mockery from others in the MP community. It is inevitable.

As I said before only thing I will complain about is glitches and people who abuse them.

>online
There is no online SP in GoW beyond the joke that is the trophies

There is online multiplayer come GOW:A therefore there is online.

>still prattling on about K/D
It's like you never learn. You're no good at SP, because you shy away. You're not good at MP, because you're simply lacking. I can help you with one of these. You need only muster the courage rather than make excuses and divert away.

Considering the point of favor of the gods is to get the most points by getting kills an 11-0 K/D is pretty important and proves that I obviously know what I'm doing when I play online. Have you even tried the multiplayer? I am truly being to wonder. If you did however my guess is you weren't very good at it.

>talk trash
You're the one falling into the trappings of MP. Not I.

Not everyone who plays online trash talks. When I play online I usually talk strategy with my teammates or am just talking with friends who I no longer live close to so we keep in touch through video games and other forms of media and communication.

>hit in the jaw
You going to make another mistake in playing the role of ITG, boy-o? Do you even lift? *hohoho* Mind your surroundings. It is good advice. Take it. It's free.

Considering I was a Boxer from the ages of 16-24 I think I could most deffinately hit the jaw if I had the chance. Also yes I do lift 3 times a week, just one of the many things I do other then gaming and going on the forums.

None of this addresses when you'll get back GoWIII for that run you didn't complete. This besides the Collection for our future collaborations.

I have no need to complete the game if I don't want to. I have added all of the GOW games to my Q on my blockbuster online account so if they send me one I will play it.

Message 37 of 50 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5705 posts

Jan 20, 2013
Carp: >GoW:A MP
>with regards to others in the genre
"You're missing the point." - Super Buu

It is a matter of seeing how things turned out in the past. And how did they go? Poorly.

>way too serious
Or rather, just seriously enough.

>usefull
What's this word, sailor?

>good at vidya
N-n-not that good, b-baka. Don't go complimenting. I might fall for you.

>esplain
*glove slap*
Don't you play cute with me. No trap cards allowed.

>deffinition
*glances at counter trap card*

>enjoy is
Mastery. Overcoming obstacles. Meeting and exceeding challenges. Whether in small doses or long sessions. What matters is putting in the time (not how it is done).

>pass it like 30 times
Spoken like a casual. Why do you so loath what you are? If you can't stand it, I can help you become something more. Just let it happen. Take my hand.

>think
"Know", rather. And you 'know' it to be so. All I claim. That I behave as I do is what irks you. Not all 'great ones' are humble. Most are only pretending, I 'd dare say. I'm not so pretentious. I'm an honest chap, you see.

Fandango: >implying NG3 didn't happen
>implying it matters that you're buying this one
Fandango, pls.

NOTE: What's all this about Gears? You didn't finish your sentence either. Poor form.

>as you see fit
Like a casual beyond casual? Even DSP manages to finish most of his games.

>when I buy it for you
>you'll play as I see fit
Oh, you. This said, you'll come around eventually, student of mine.

NOTE: This an admission, without excuses, that you just want to play like a casual as you are a casual? Why not just say as much and be done with it? If you're truly uncomfortable with the label, you'll rise above it. I can help.

>beat on glorified Normal
>over a period of time
If you beat it at all over any span of time, that is. Your current track record is not exactly inspiring confidence here, Fandango.

>switching between them
And beating none?

>various
You good at any of the noted? Or do you just play all games as a casual?

>feel
>mood
Interesting choice of terms. Explains the alt.font color.

>ADHD
>excuse for casual antics
Don't you sass me, boy.

>I don't think
But you should.

>different from anything else
As before, you didn't do your homework. NG3 happened.

>line of work
A hobby can blur the line between business and pleasure, friend. The 'work' put in is my 'fun', you see.

>obviously isn't
Then what is?

>can
>as much as I want
It isn't that I want to. It is that I'm left no alternative (your doing). I notice that you don't seem to fancy the term, so I offer an escape. That you scorn the effort is puzzling, but not discouraging.

>one genre
You say that, but my work extends beyond GoW and even its genre. It's just my favored stomping ground. Specializing in what one does is only natural for one that is no casual. You speak of other games. Are there any you aren't a casual with? I imagine the answer to be 'no'.

>knew what you meant
I also knew what you noted to be wrong. So it became necessary to address it to prevent unnecessary confusion for those going over it as I had.

>many others
Where were they among fans? They didn't exist. The only rumblings of anything related to MP were for co-op and they were a tiny minority among the casuals (and none of the vets). There were significantly more support for the lame brother arc than any of that noise. MP was treated with scorn. Among the few things vets and casuals agreed upon among the fanbase.

The foolish non-fans and fair weather types will eat up whatever devs offer only to be disappointed and slink off quietly without having learned a thing despite their opting to be a defense force. Certain among them will even go so far as to express their buyer's remorse for a short while after release.

>choice
Motivated by fear. But it does not have to be that way.

>implying a need for rights
Come now. Mind your surroundings, lad.

NOTE: Why are you so bothered by the talk of being 'fearful' of SP, being a casual, terrible at the games you play, etc.? Why does it concern you at all if all that is noted is just so? You don't even try to show otherwise. You just say it isn't so while citing more evidence to the contrary (like not ever having actually beaten GoWIII as a rental). How do you think Hotel would react to this?

>have to master it
If they add a dancing game 'feature', does that somehow make it part of the game that I need to master as a series vet? Not really. And a title like my own has nothing to do with such things. Just my status and all that it implies.

>best in the series
You've said this before and I've already noted the best is, by my estimation, TazOne1 (Chile). I'm merely the most knowledgeable with a heavy hand played in many aspects of the veteran community.

My feats are many, but being the most skilled isn't one. Indeed, it is one of the few things I commonly (almost as if to brag) note that I do not see myself as possessing. Priding myself on thinking things through to compensate for a lack of reactionary ability, dexterity, etc.

This for challenge runners. I have no place among speedrunners save for reporting findings and light testing for early run work. For glitching/exploiting, I do give aid, but the heavy lifting is done by AKheon and findlestick mainly (secondary to other chaps in a given entry).

My position won't at all shift with the inclusion of MP for this or any other entry. SP is its own beast. Kratos isn't the same as the Champions nor are common challenges held. Proper mastery of the true GoW system (Kratos is GoW) is to be 'the best'. Make no mistake about it. The MP is in GoW, but it isn't GoW. It's a bastardization.

>the numbers decide
The reviews (and feedback) rather. Without checking this, they will not be clear on what aspect drove sales at all (down or up). They need to know what to credit and what to blame.

My money says it doesn't receive a warm welcome, but they get enough cash from milking their DLC antics off casual fans to justify degrading the franchise in the future. It's a pretty typical outcome. I don't exactly see the team as having integrity enough to do otherwise. There are those who buy 'hats', as we both know. Why should this be any different?

>just glitches
You say that, yet you whined about 'cheap' tactics in previous discussions already. What's changed since then, my boy? Kill stealing, ring-outs, ranged game (WW abuse), teaming up, traps, etc. You'll be among those to complain about this and more. Making excuses with dropped team members (or just 'bad' ones), lag and more. X is too good, Y isn't good enough, etc. It is all rather predictable. If you cannot contend with 'camping' what hope do you imagine you have in any MP community? Those who play to win will not have the 'rules' of a scrub. Exploits and more shall be taken advantage of. Just the best load outs. They will 'ruin your fun'.

>there is online in an entry not yet released
As before, GoW is not a MP series. This entry shall be as such with SP as the core.

>kills for points
>better than chests and captures
>TFotG
What's all this now?

>prove you know what you are doing
It doesn't. Other players can be terrible, MIA, griefing (by being bad on purpose to screw their team), etc. It is merely evidence to suggest you're not awful. It helps to know that those being played against are not worthless. There are no 'standards' with MP. No assurance that a good run meant a thing. Whether you're good or they're just very bad. This is something you've not quite caught on about.

>tried the MP
Didn't I make it clear that I had no interest in it beyond instructing others in how to grief for it? The likes of the CtF abuse of walls would be things that would interest me. Javelin WW abuse is likely to make it from SP to MP.

>being to wonder
"Beginning", rather. And why should you be wondering at all? Have you already forgotten the exchanges we've had on the matter, dear boy? Do keep up.

>weren't very good at it
I'm one who has a knack for finding cheap tactics and exploiting them. I'd be the sort to infuriate others. Chaps like yourself who don't accept all means to win. Those known as 'scrubs' in fighting games. I simply pile them into the casual bracket. MP itself is a blight. To pay it even that much attention is beneath me. To see it soiled by one who would already dally with it? Suits me fine. Be their cause merely to win or to antagonize. Makes little difference.

>not everyone talks trash
Not everyone has the option (or cause to do so).

>talking at all
You're just not a good fit for this genre. Such nonsense as this makes that clear. I don't know why you wish to pretend otherwise. Fooling others is one thing, but why yourself?

>chatting with friends
>over vidya
How annoying. I hope you have the courtesy to not discuss banal things while others can hear you.

>is going the ITG route
It's like you just don't know any better. You'll learn in time. I'll see to that.

>boxing
Snake wouldn't be terribly impressed. Is that all?

>hit the jaw
Unwise.

>one of the man things
That you don't do well? A casual in all you do. As before, Jackie boy. Master of nothing. Where's your motivation to be the best?

>no need to
And yet, that's exactly what you're going to end up doing. Why attempt to spite me through slighting yourself? Self-destruction is ill-advised even in desperation.

>all the Gears games
Of what relevance to our dealings is this?

>Blockbuster
You must be among the few I know to still use their services. Quaint.

>will play it
But will you beat it? If you are getting them all, that includes GoWIII, doesn't it? Which means your earlier talk is just for show or you plan on getting it again just to fail again. There is no 'winning' in your futile efforts to struggle against your benefactor. Learn this well.
Message 38 of 50 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Carp: >GoW:A MP
>with regards to others in the genre
"You're missing the point." - Super Buu

It is a matter of seeing how things turned out in the past. And how did they go? Poorly.

Does not matter because the current game GOW:A MP beta is a good multiplayer game so your point is pointless.

>switching between them
And beating none?

Just beat PS All Stars last week, GT5 and NBA 2k13 are two games that can never truly be beaten as they can constantly continue throughout multiple seasons and special events. Xcom is almost beaten and then I plan on beating it on the hardest difficulty (which is probably one of the hardest games of all time). Darksiders I have been playing quite consistantly and am about halfway through the game so I will most likely have that beaten within a few weeks. Lastly of course is the MP beta for GOW:A which can never truly be beaten because there are always people to be challenged, just because you unlock all the weapons and abilities does not mean the MP is completed.  

>various
You good at any of the noted? Or do you just play all games as a casual?

I'm good at GOW:A, NBA 2k13, Xcom and of course im good at PS All Stars I win many of online matches with my boy Kratos.

>ADHD
>excuse for casual antics
Don't you sass me, boy.

Medical condition donkey

>different from anything else
As before, you didn't do your homework. NG3 happened.

Didn't play NG3 online as I didn't care for the game in general.

>one genre
You say that, but my work extends beyond GoW and even its genre. It's just my favored stomping ground. Specializing in what one does is only natural for one that is no casual. You speak of other games. Are there any you aren't a casual with? I imagine the answer to be 'no'.

Wheres the proof all you talk of are action hack and slash games with the exception of a horid Vanquish. I'm not casual with pretty much all genres there are of course some that I just play once in a blue moon when It seems right such as Flight Simulators. However I am very hardcore when it comes to sports, racing, shooter, RPG, Strategy and even some card/board games such as Magic the Gathering. I will give you that I am more casual with Hack and Slash titles as none have really had any Multiplayer and thats where I tend to focus my gameplay, but now with the exception of GOW:A which I will be more hardcore with because of the fact that it is including a multiplayer that interests me.

>choice
Motivated by fear. But it does not have to be that way

NOTE: Why are you so bothered by the talk of being 'fearful' of SP, being a casual, terrible at the games you play, etc.? Why does it concern you at all if all that is noted is just so? You don't even try to show otherwise. You just say it isn't so while citing more evidence to the contrary (like not ever having actually beaten GoWIII as a rental). How do you think Hotel would react to this?

Singleplayer to me is boring it is a garnish to the multiplayer for me therefore I don't care about beating singleplayer more likely then not. Has nothing to do with fear it has everything to do with preference, if it had to do with fear I wouldn't be playing through Darksiders right now.

>just glitches
You say that, yet you whined about 'cheap' tactics in previous discussions already. What's changed since then, my boy? Kill stealing, ring-outs, ranged game (WW abuse), teaming up, traps, etc. You'll be among those to complain about this and more. Making excuses with dropped team members (or just 'bad' ones), lag and more. X is too good, Y isn't good enough, etc. It is all rather predictable. If you cannot contend with 'camping' what hope do you imagine you have in any MP community? Those who play to win will not have the 'rules' of a scrub. Exploits and more shall be taken advantage of. Just the best load outs. They will 'ruin your fun'.

I never whined about 'cheap' tactics I have even been in other threads telling people to get over the ring out feature in the multiplayer. Only thing I find 'cheap' is exploits that are not meant to be in the game glitches that are not meant to be in the game they are just mistakes in the coding. The only people who are scrubs are people who abuse these mistakes people such as myself who play legit are the real deal and don't need to use cheats to win a game and if someone chooses to beat me using a cheat it doesn't matter because I know that they can't beat me without them which makes them the scrub.

>kills for points
>better than chests and captures
>TFotG
What's all this now?

I have been playing Favor of the Gods lately which is FFA and all that matters is kills and not dying with the ocational opened chest (which I open one or two typically only netting me 800 points and getting the other 7200 by killing)

>prove you know what you are doing
It doesn't. Other players can be terrible, MIA, griefing (by being bad on purpose to screw their team), etc. It is merely evidence to suggest you're not awful. It helps to know that those being played against are not worthless. There are no 'standards' with MP. No assurance that a good run meant a thing. Whether you're good or they're just very bad. This is something you've not quite caught on about.

When I am consistantly going positive with only 2 to 3 deaths at most on average therefore I know I am better then the majority then the rest of the online community whether then be good, bad or inbetween that is you compitition online and I am the true compitition.

>tried the MP
Didn't I make it clear that I had no interest in it beyond instructing others in how to grief for it? The likes of the CtF abuse of walls would be things that would interest me. Javelin WW abuse is likely to make it from SP to MP.

If you have no interest then don't even bother teaching people glitches because you are just ruining the mp for people who actualy want to play it. If you get joy out of that then you are as I said before selfish and pathetic. 

>weren't very good at it
I'm one who has a knack for finding cheap tactics and exploiting them. I'd be the sort to infuriate others. Chaps like yourself who don't accept all means to win. Those known as 'scrubs' in fighting games. I simply pile them into the casual bracket. MP itself is a blight. To pay it even that much attention is beneath me. To see it soiled by one who would already dally with it? Suits me fine. Be their cause merely to win or to antagonize. Makes little difference.

Yet again you and the ones you teach to use these gltiches are the only scrubs because you can't win any other way. I challenge you when the game comes out to play me legit online 1 vs 1 and then after I beat you to hell you can come back and tell everyone you aren't nearly as good as you say because you were beat by this so called casual gamer.

>boxing
Snake wouldn't be terribly impressed. Is that all?

I boxed as well as wrestled for my highschool wrestling team, Also played defensive tackle on my schools football team, Along with first baseman and outfielder on the baseball team. Along with these I also did exteme sports such as BMX (both racing and freestyle).

>one of the man things
That you don't do well? A casual in all you do. As before, Jackie boy. Master of nothing. Where's your motivation to be the best?

The only motivation I have to be the best at is being the best at my career, school, father and husband. However when I didn't have a life such as yourself I was in the top 5 online in Project Gotham Racing 4 along with having some of the top times on the online leaderboards for singleplayer. 

>Blockbuster
You must be among the few I know to still use their services. Quaint.

I get free blockbuster online rentals from when I used to get monthly instore rentals.

Message 39 of 50 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5705 posts

Jan 21, 2013
>is good
It isn't. You will learn this properly as the NG3 lot had to. All in good time.

>just beat 'various non-GoW games'
*glove slap*
Don't get cute. As before, beating none of the entries.

>good at Gears
What's all this? As for Ascension, you're terrible. I can say that with absolute assurance as you haven't beaten a single GoW game (even if you had, that would be nothing in terms of feats). That you would cite the MP is a bad joke.

>XCOM
Oh? Challenge runs to denote?

>sports vidya
Thrilling.

>PSAllStars
How casual can you be?

>donkey
You seem cross. Also, you forgot the comma. More to add? The sentence wasn't finished either.

NOTE: Most diagnosed with it don't have it and the severity of the issue is overblown. Just more excuses from the irresponsible and immature.

>all hack-and-slash
>Vanquish, RDR, Dead Space, R:FoM, Dark Souls, etc.
What's all this?

>didn't care for NG3
Who did? Very few, I assure you. Yet it was a product of MP introduced into this genre. You spoke of GoW:A's take being a first. It wasn't so.

>horrid Vanquish
Stomped you that thoroughly? Why do you fear it so? You've not even had a taste of the Challenges nor God Hard and you shy away like this? Unknown really isn't so bad as you make him out to be, Fandango. Beating him up with only melee isn't exactly difficult.

>very hardcore with various
Name a series among the noted genres. Denote your antics as a 'hardcore' player of the SP in any of them. Go on. Thrill me.

>will give me
You need not offer anything. I take it forcibly.

>more hardcore with
That's just it. You won't be. Even for your time with MP, you will remain terrible at it and exceptionally so with the SP (in its crippled state). You will still let fear bind you to the comfort of facing off against other casuals.

>garnish to MP
Just the opposite is so in this genre, my boy. Same for 'horror', really. Dead Space troubled itself to show this.

>don't care about even beating SP
That you cannot even manage that much is telling. How can you be so outclassed by low level AI?

>wouldn't be playing a noted casual game
You doing a challenge run in Darksider 2, boy-o?

>mistakes in coding
That you interpret them as such is noted. However, the likes of HJ in GoW1 were left in by the devs knowingly. Questionable design calls happen. Don't be surprised if one exploits a game mechanics allowed by the devs. Things like javelin whoring without losing much of any height while using the trampling, knockback/heavy stun case. This besides oversights with discards and more.

>proof
Of what? My ability with GoW? Surely you don't question it. That is folly. My names are spread throughout the community. My feats exceedingly numerous.

>real deal
Yet you whine about camping in CoD? Come now.

>makes them the scrub
No, dear boy. That's not how it works. You will be as such for considering legitimate approaches to be cheap. Just as those in fighting games whine about the likes of projectile spam.

http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win-part-1.html
http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/on-cheapness.91151/

Learn these things well, my boy. Then we should begin our collaboration with each GoW entry. I have much to teach you and you've much to learn.

>can't beat you without them
Sounds pretty scrubby, my casual friend. *hohoho*

>FFA
If it is just a killing mode, that's fairly natural, don't you think? TFotG is another matter entirely. Shall you whine about those that completely ignore you in combat and dominate for getting chests, altars and killing Polyphemus?

Tell me, how do you feel about those wise enough to wade in when an advantage is there? To kill steal, for instance.

>consistently
>better than the majority
Yet, you overlook something. I just noted the case where they are simply that bad. Yourself not being especially good. Just by comparison to the casuals you contend with.

>the true competition
Unlikely. You can't even defeat campers.

You go into GoW:A MP with absolute ignorance of the GoW combat system that stems from SP (even if MP has perverted and bastardized it into some alternative variant all its own).

>don't teach them cheap tactics, exploits/glitches, etc.
Why not? I'd find it to be "fun". Do you hate "fun"? Why don't you find counters to the cheap tactics and even exploits/glitches if you're anything other than what I've claimed?

You trap yourself with the nonsense rules you make up your head. You're supremely lazy. If you wish to prove this assertion wrong, you will abandon your fears and accept my generous offers. That you are fearful of this prospect of spreading the wealth to others is curious. Why does it concern you at all? Surely you can match these things. Rise and overcome. Or are you too lacking?

>just ruining
Evolving it, rather. You should be grateful for the next level play I'd be ushering in. If it were to kill MP, it would be unworthy of living in the first place for being so ill-conceived as to be broken by the efforts of one fellow who doesn't even play it, don't you agree?

Even with as pathetic as I see MP to be in this title, I don't imagine it is so fragile that it'll collapse from that (rather, the vast majority will be casuals that abandon it quickly for a lack of depth). A small, dedicated niche is to be expected and they will struggle with match-making for various game modes. This is to be expected.

>joy out of the misery of others
You imagine you're free of this? Don't kid yourself. You can hardly call yourself human without this component, boy.

>can't win any other way
This your mantra? Your lullaby? I promise you, it won't save you. You are your own warden in this prison of failure, Fandango. That you cannot rise up is no fault of my own. Remember that well.

>challenge me
You've already been challenged to overcome your casual nature. SP awaits. I'll shall teach you good and proper.

>legit
Do I even have to say it? *hohoho*

>hell
>h
Locations are proper nouns. What does one normally do with those, Fandango, my boy?

>aren't nearly as good as I say
Do keep up. Nothing at all can affect my status as GMG. Not in MP. It is a title entirely based in SP. You're not so simple that you can't understand this. Why pretend otherwise in your struggles against your benefactor? Your pride binds you. Accept my generous offers. I shall make a proper run vet of you before long.

>so-called
You've already admitted you're exactly what I've said from the start. Being that GoW is the focus of discussion, you being casual with it (more than most even) is damning. There is no question to it. Now that you've admitted you are as such, you need only become comfortable with it (or rise above it). The call is yours to make. What is your decision, boy? Introspect on it.

>as well as wrestled
Cute. I wonder what Snake would make of this. Perhaps I should run it by him.

>football
Really? Hand egg?

>baseball
All these American sports/activities and you can't speak English properly? Curious.

>BMX
Oh, you. It's like you just don't know any better. You'll learn in time. I'll see to that.

>no motivation to be the best with video games
So there we have it. A plain admission of being a casual. Now you need only become comfortable with the label. Denial stage passed. On to acceptance (or rejection).

>no life
You're still falling into this trapping? Come now. Do you think such stock as this helps you in the slightest? Noting this talk of family and fighting just makes you look bad for naivety. Mind your surroundings.

>top times on Leaderboards
That so? Racing isn't exactly my cup of tea, but it is something. A base to work off of. You can be more than what you are now. You just need guidance.

>free rentals
>still plays like a casual
Shameful.
Message 40 of 50 (143 Views)
0 Likes