Highlighted
Feb 18 2013
By: Aldro I Only Post Everything 884 posts
Accepted Solution

Rise of the Warrior's Story

6 replies 327 views Edited Feb 18, 2013

Hey so.. could anyone like.. somehow sum up what exactly the story is about? xD Like.. am I missing something?

The reason I ask is because Just_Tank said it'll add some to GoWA's story once it comes out so.. yeah. Anyone pweease? <3

Message 1 of 7 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Re: Rise of the Warrior's Story

Feb 18, 2013

Or you could um like... not be lazy... and like maybe just do it... and like well not be lazy... like right?

Message 2 of 7 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
348 posts

Feb 18, 2013
The story isn't finished, but I'll try to summarize the events thus far. This is totally based on what I've understood from the comic. I may have misunderstood some stuff, so anyone from SSM or community members feel free to correct.

An imprisoned warrior is visited by a mysterious figure (the Giver). It is hinted that the prison is not literal and that he needs to remember specific events to rebuild his mind and free himself from his mental captivity. The story continues in a series of flashbacks possibly leading up to his figurative imprisonment.

The warrior's journey begins with war. A powerful General kills his father and poisons his people. He seeks vengeance and makes an oath with the Gods to aid him in obtaining the power to destroy the General. The Giver acts as his guide.

The warrior first journeys to caves overlooking the Mediterranean Sea to recruit other warriors who seek vengeance against the General. He is then prompted to seek out the witch Circe, as he will need dark magic to defeat the General. He travels to Aeaea, the island where Circe resides.

On arriving he saves Circe from a boar, she joins him and grants him a weapon blessed by the Gods. Circe tells him he must seek out the Oracle at Delphi.

On the way there they are attacked by one of Poseidon's servants. The warrior appeals to it and pledges his life to Poseidon. He is granted safe passage and a weapon (bow) which he must return to the God of the sea after his journey is complete. Nobody really trusts Circe and this causes issues on the boat, but the Warrior is a natural leader and manages to rally them together. They arrive at Delphi.

The band of travellers come across a giant serpent that was tamed by Apollo himself. The Giver and Circe tell the warrior he must sacrifice one of his men to the Serpent in order to get past it. He does this and they press on, but not before Circe gives him a vial capable of "holding death itself".

The come across a Cerberus and the warrior slays it. Conveniently the blood of the Cerberus is a powerful poison and so the warrior now has some "death" to place in his vial.

As they take a break to eat (the dead Cerberus?) they discuss the General's weakness. The men aren't sure he has one, but Circe insists that the General's weakness is pride and ambition. The Giver reminds the warrior that oaths to the gods must be kept. Circe tells the warrior he is ready, that he has fulfilled his promise to her and she will now help him. As they move forward, a mysterious green mist containing demonic faces rise up behind them.

We await Chapter 15.

Message 3 of 7 (291 Views)
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Feb 18, 2013

Seeing as int he first 30 minutes of the game you encounter your MP champion inprinsoned , is it possible this is actualy the story of how your champion becomes aligned to a god??

Message 4 of 7 (259 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
884 posts

Feb 19, 2013
Shikagen08, Thank you so much!!!

@BigBrownsta: Yeah that sounds plausible!
Message 5 of 7 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Feb 20, 2013

actualy ive been really thinking if this is actualy the story to the MP guy because ive noticed that in the 3rd chapter of ROTW you see this sort of forked weapons well i realised that thats the same weapon you use to grapple with in MP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGjw-VEdNt8

if you stop it at 2:14 you can see in clear view and you can see its the same as the weapon in chapter 3 and throughout the rest of the story aswell his weapon and the grappling weapon look to me to be the same .

also in chapter 4 hes pledges his soul to the gods of olympus for giving him the strength to carry out his vengance on his enemies so hes not align to one god. But in the first 30 minutes of the game demo Here ive stopped it where you see your MP character , he clearyly says " Gods give me strenght" before hes teleported away now he doesnt seem to call on one god , but to all of them .

I think it could be seriously plausible that this is some kind of way giving us a story into the MP or something.

Message 6 of 7 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5821 posts

Feb 20, 2013
Using non-game sources and MP for story canon would be a travesty.
Message 7 of 7 (110 Views)
0 Likes