Feb 02 2013
By: Jakob98 Hekseville Citizen 309 posts

Questions regarding demo coming in February

10 replies 290 views Edited Feb 2, 2013

So, my questions are primarily aimed at justtank.

1) Is the new 30 minute demo vid the demo that is coming in February

2)When in February will the participants of Rise of the warrior get in on the demo ( I was a spartan and we won , well at least we are winning as of right now)

3)Why wait so long to bring us the demo when release is so close

Thanks!

Message 1 of 11 (290 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1270 posts

Re: Questions regarding demo coming in February

[ Edited ]
Feb 2, 2013

1. I highly doubt it, it will most likely be the 9 min demo we saw at E3, which is the same one that people got when they bought that one movie (I forget which one it was, Total Recall?).

2. I have no idea and would love to know the answer to this as well, hopefully sometime soon preferably this Tuesday if not next.

3. Well usually devs release their demos a week before the game releases, hopefully we don't have to wait until the last week of February for the demo. I am assuming they will release the GOW:A demo a week before to the general audiences over PSN, I'd hope we get it much earlier than that.

"If all on Olympus will deny me my vengeance, then all on Olympus will die"- Kratos, GOW2
Message 2 of 11 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

Feb 2, 2013

Actually they said it was going to be a new demo. Different from the one in the Total Recall disc.

photo GOWsignature_zps3e9f70f3.png
Message 3 of 11 (261 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1270 posts

Feb 2, 2013

Wow, really? Can I get a link on that please? Awesome if true, hopefully its longer than the E3 demo, 20-30 mins would be ideal. I thought it would be the same one because wasn't the E3 demo of GOW3 the same one from E3?

"If all on Olympus will deny me my vengeance, then all on Olympus will die"- Kratos, GOW2
Message 4 of 11 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5705 posts

Feb 2, 2013
Jak: >is it
Probably. All other entries have used the opening as a demo. Why should this change?

>when
Hard to say.

>why wait so long
It had to happen eventually. Being judged isn't so easy for everyone.
Message 5 of 11 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

Feb 2, 2013

>Wow, really? Can I get a link on that please?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/01/19/god-of-war-ascension-single-player-demo-in-february-collec...

Comment 32 is  where it says this is a brand new one.

_________________________________________________________________________________

+ sweeneytodd1981 on January 19th, 2013 at 9:31 am said:

just_tank had one ? is this gonna be a new demo different from the one they showed at E3 or is this the same one also thank u for the clarification on the dlc pass i placed my preorder yesterday and will keep it cus i want everything in that collectors edition cus its god of war and its totally awesome

+ Aaron Kaufman on January 19th, 2013 at 9:44 am said:

YES, ABSOLUTELY, our Single-Player demo we will release next month is something you’ve never seen before in Ascension. The E3 SP demo was a Total Recall exclusive.

This single-player demo is the BIG ONE.

Cheers

The above is the comment and the response he got.

Hope this helps.

photo GOWsignature_zps3e9f70f3.png
Message 6 of 11 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
388 posts

Feb 2, 2013

GodModeGOD wrote:
Jak: >is it
Probably. All other entries have used the opening as a demo. Why should this change?

Except III. GoW III was the ugly duckling by only ever having the E3 Demo available.

I would guess one reason was because they wasted a ton of time making the teaser trailer of Kratos fighting on Gaia. Wish they never made that teaser so they could've used the time to make III better.

Message 7 of 11 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Feb 3, 2013
The God Of War Facebook page has a post detailing the demo is the first 30 mins of Ascension. So the ign 30 min video is the demo we are gonna get.....those sneaky **bleep**.

Message 8 of 11 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5705 posts

Feb 4, 2013
KB: >except III
Ah, yes. Used as a demo, but not released as such.

>wasted resources
How like them.

Hippy: You seem strangely surprised. With a demo like that, I have no tools to work with. Very little to test. It isn't going to offer me too much, but I'll do my work just the same. See what has 'changed' from what little we have to work with now (versus the other demo).
Message 9 of 11 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Feb 4, 2013
Its kinds funny how the 30 minute video was like a super SP reveal, when it turns out to be a video showing the full demo. Sneaky, if you ask me.

Message 10 of 11 (114 Views)
0 Likes