Treasure Hunter
5351 posts

Re: Promptless mini games.

Feb 15, 2013
Disturbed: >when do I start
That's up to you. I'm game to each when you're ready to learn, lad. How about we go over your run history to set the stage?
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 49 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
849 posts

Feb 16, 2013

Well, I've beat every GoW game on Hard difficulty, but in CoO and GoWIII, I could never get past the very end on God/Titan/Chaos. I would get so far and then, there would just be way too many enemies to deal with. In CoO I got to the Temple where Kratos is seeing his daughter, and in GoWIII, I got to the very end of the Labyrinth and I couldn't get past last huge fight. I believe I got past it ONCE, but the Hades Cerberus (the one that spits out baby cerberus') and the Satyrs. And there wasn't an autosave point there, so I always had to restart in the Labyrinth.

But I have completed all the challenges on all the games (excluding the GoWIII DLC challenges) and platinumed GoWIII. Haven't had enough time to replay the first two games thoroughly on PS3, and I already beat them on Ps2. I am the best GoW player I know. I can pull off wicked-sick combos, yo! (That last part was a joke).

Erebus..jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 49 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
348 posts

Feb 16, 2013
If I remember correctly there was a save point right before you descended into Hades. So all you would have had to do is fall back down to Hades and do the fight with the Cerberus and Satyrs. Not restart -IN- the Labyrinth.
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 49 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
849 posts

Feb 16, 2013

Thanks, I'll give it a try!

Haven't played them in a while, been letting my friends borrow them so they can learn the awesomeness of GoW! :smileyhappy:

Erebus..jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 49 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
84 posts

Feb 16, 2013
I like the idea of promptless mini games but I just think we have too much time to react to their attacks. On this note, there were alot of times in the 30 min SP demo that I was frustrated watching things move in slow motion when they should have been in normal time. For example, when Kratos jumps off one of those big monsters and starts sliding down a hill, why show that in slow motion?
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 49 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Santa Monica Studio Community Strategist
402 posts

Feb 16, 2013

The promptless mini-games will generally be on large-size enemies, and not all, but they will be intuitive and fun.

Don't want to spoil any for you, but looking forward to your post-launch thoughts.

-Tank

Follow me @Just_Tank and @SonySantaMonica

Every day is community day!
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 49 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
864 posts

Feb 17, 2013

FeelMyVVrath wrote:
I like the idea of promptless mini games but I just think we have too much time to react to their attacks. On this note, there were alot of times in the 30 min SP demo that I was frustrated watching things move in slow motion when they should have been in normal time. For example, when Kratos jumps off one of those big monsters and starts sliding down a hill, why show that in slow motion?

You'll probably have less time on the harder difficulties. That would be awesome.

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 49 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
84 posts

Feb 17, 2013
I was thinking of this, and I definitely approve. But if they aren't doing that, I really think they should make it just slightly faster. It shouldn't be this easy..
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 49 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5351 posts

Feb 20, 2013
Disturbed: >vanilla H for all but CoO and GoWIII
>end for H
Easily addressed.

>no autosave
There is one. Not sure what happened to you.

>all challenges
This and vanilla VH will make for a start.

>combos
>joke
A bad joke.

Shiki: >remember correctly
Save point and auto-saves.

Wrath: >too much time to react
And not enough options to make the interaction interesting.

>slow-mo
You didn't like it for that delicious upskirt?

Tank: >looking forward to post-launch thoughts
Better strap yourself in. I tend to be 'wordy'.

Jose: >less time
I wish. Unlikely.

NOTE: The increase in enemy aggression SHOULD at least make it seem like this is so. We can likely take comfort in that.
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 49 (32 Views)
0 Likes