Treasure Hunter
5833 posts

Re: One match in and I got three extremely serious questions...

[ Edited ]
Jan 16, 2013

Fandango: >alt.font again
Fandango, pls.  Stahp.

>Sorry
*glove slap*
Apologies born of insincerity are an affront and show of bad manners.  Also, you forgot the comma.

>don't care
About effective communication?  You should.  A proper adult has no reason to say something so absurd outside a hard jest, wouldn't you agree?

>isn't school
Sure it is.  And we're always in session here.  Remember this well, student of mine.

>parenthesis after punctuation
Oh, you.

>not young
Too old for the know-nothing culture of youth, you are, yes?  So then, why the ruse?

>back to school later in life when you could afford
How good of you to share personal information readily.  Not needed though.  I advise against it.

>better
Marginally.  The best color would be default, my special flower.

>opinions can't be wrong
If one says they believe t0 of GoW:A SP hits twice, their opinion is wrong.  Opinions can and tend to be incorrect.  Much like your assessment of whether they can be as such.  Good of you to demonstrate this.

>run-on
Unsightly.

NOTE: You seem upset about something.

>touch on this later
>later
You say that now.  So then, what of your run history, sport?  Entries played, highest settings cleared, challenges, etc.  We've got business, you and I.  You've much to learn and I've much to teach.  We're a match, wouldn't you agree?

>troll
You implying something you shouldn't, my boy?  If I were what you are claiming, could you tell me how wise it would be to engage such a fellow as you are with myself?  I'd imagine you would be making quite the error.  You shouldn't be so quick to attempt to discredit with a term such as this.  Poor form.

>english

Proper noun.

>Action based shooter

>shooter

There you go.  And calling it 'Action' is a bit generous.  We're talking about Vanquish, after all.  You should work with a title like that.  No MP (obviously).  Just a **bleep** fine SP and challenges.  As is proper.

>doesn't consist of hack-and-slash

Well said.  And there in lies a critical difference between what you note as a case of 'Action' with MP and what GoW (DI, Bayonetta and still more) is.  Not compatible.  Indeed, even as a shooter, Vanquish wasn't fit for it thanks to the AR system mostly.  Even if it were, MP would have crippled the SP effort.  Dodged a bullet there, Sammy.  Augmented Reaction really does come in handy.

>not the definition

You bet.  And still you would pretend otherwise by citing examples that just don't back up your case.  I'm able to cite DI, NGS2 and NG2.  DMC3: SE to a lesser extent.  Tell me, what have you got to show MP works for titles like GoW?  And even if it did (it doesn't), at what cost (the SP, obviously)?

>your worlds

My what now?

>a lot of people disagree

A lot of casuals with bad taste out there.  The majority can and is often enough found to be...completely wrong. Jokes aside, that is a matter of preference.  For instance, I prefer 'good games'. *hohoho*

>hasn't been good since

I'd be willing to cut it slack.  Not the new entry, but the series.  They had a recent digital only title with a new genre and it seemed to be a very nice fit for Lara (away from her replacement).  She can champion and then falter in a new series of games.  How nice it could have been.  Instead, back to trying to ingite old flames.

>not out yet

You say that like it matters much.

>yet again

You forgot the comma.

>won't judge

But I will.  You see, you're making a mistake.  If I were to squat over your plate, pants dropped and grunting, would you wait until the product of these labors 'came out' (released if you prefer) before judging or could you perhaps see the signs for what was coming and make a judgement call?  I mean, how would you know it was going to be human waste?  It wasn't even out yet.

>a lot of casuals enjoying

You don't seem to fully appreciate the matter.  You will see them do as they always have.  These fair weather fans you see will not last.  This is a very niche genre with a series built upon a blockbuster appeal of high production values and accessability.  Make no mistakes about it.  This lot will scatter to the wind in short order.  Casuals are their market.  No hardcore MP fans would waste their time with this and no hardcore SP fans will care for it either.  It is foolishness born of executive mismanagement.

>have been playing since

You note a non-3D case?  Come now.  Don't you know better?  If you deviat with examples, you've effectively said nothing in support of yourself.  The personal trivia is swell, but stay on task, won't you?  Speaking of which, what of your run history?

>get the games just fine

I'm not convinced.  I'll be the judge of that as your evaluator and instructor.

>grade paper

I award no grade for incomplete work, drop out.  You'll have to speak with the Dean of Mean on this matter.

>always on sale

Like with STEA-

>paid service

Welp.

>fits fine

It doesn't.

>fun

This word?  Come now.

>do play lots of MP shooters

Yet you seem to focus only on consoles.  The wrong place for the shooters you note.  Vanquish is about the only reasonable case you can make (though the aim would be improved on PC, control would otherwise suffer, I'd imagine).

>nearly every game

A silly claim to make and it wouldn't help your case if it were so.

>only GoWIII

And you believe yourself fit to discuss the matter with a series vet?  A vet among vets, no less.  But I can help you with this small issue.  I'll make a vet of you.  How about it, sailor?  With this established, what was the highest setting cleared?  Just glorified Normal (Hard) and the CoO (no CoE in all likelihood) for the easy Plat?

>know how to play it just fine

You don't.  You really don't.  I can say this with absolute confidence even in these early stages of the process.  What do you say to this?  Shall you try to prove me wrong?  By all means.  Let us clear up the remainder of the 'run history' matter and we'll get right on that.

>not much to

>won't touch higher settings

Scared of the AI, are you?  Fear not, my casual friend.  You've got the GodModeGOD on your side.  I'll teach you good and proper.

>play on highest setting available first time

>highest setting available

>available

This isn't saying much at all, sport.  So then, back to GoWIII (for lack of other entries in your history).  We should start with vanilla VH and work from there.  Perhaps I'll make a PAIN+ vet of you.  You're old enough that you should take pride in manning up to such things, yes?  We can toss the Chalice in for good measure.  You have the Apollo DLC?  Probably not (pity it wasn't included with the game).  If you do, all the better.

>don't know

What's to know, lad?  You've given me no reason to doubt my assessment.

>not my boy

Sure you are.  You are, after all, under my tutelage.

>mr. arrogant

Proper nouns.  Also, call me "GMG".  We're closer than this.

>you are

Stick and stones.  And you make those things sound so dirty.  Tell me more.

>let you

I'll allow it.

>get this straight

If nothing else.

NOTE: You forgot the comma.

>because

You are master of none.  If you are 'master' at one, do tell.  This would leave you 'casual' in the others, but at least it isn't a total wash, yes?

>have been since a kid

Let's not "kid" ourselves, here. *hohoho*

>don't just stick to one thing

That's your problem, friend.  You don't hold any substantial or intimate knowledge of what you work with.  Your flings are without substance or merit to show for your time with them.  An empty, hallow show.

>my backside

Speaking of which, yours seems to be bothered about something.

>notes it isn't the same

>exactly the same

Oh, you.  Are you having a go?  This some manner of elaborate ruse?

>button timing

>timing

>GoW

What?  You mistake this for DMC.  This series is quite slow and forgiving by comparison.

>played many

That doesn't at all address the question.  Have you played God Hand?

>have to progress

Are you implying that a sequel by 'bigger and better' standards is not "progress"?  Choose your words carefully, my boy.

>same thing

If that is so, it lacks the 'bigger and better' (improvements) condition, now doesn't it?  It dosn't have to re-invent itself while keeping the title for brand recognition (rather, deception of those looking for that exact experience which rendered a previous entry successful).  Surely this doesn't escape your attention.

>adding to their sales

It isn't.  It won't.  The damage is done.  All there is left to do is assess those damages.  I suppose there is the matter of seeing what they learn from their mistakes (if anything).  It is a rarity to see a dev learn well their error and remove MP where it doesn't belong.  I expect the cancer to do its dirty work and put GoW to rest.  NG is currently enjoying the fruits of that same fateful call by boy director (a poor man's substitute for the pervert they hard in charge before).

>would wait until bottom dollar

And why not do that even now, friend?  Is it to show support?  Or fear that the MP will be a dead feature by the time it hits rock bottom?  You're clearly not that big of a fan.  Look at your run history.  That says plenty.

>don't enjoy the superior means of control in a shooter

Oh, you.  That doesn't address DayZ and the like.  Why aren't you playing it?  Not a fan of mods?

>SP fine one time through

So there we have it.  The issue is with yourself.  You're just not in tune with this genre.  That is not uncommon.  This is a very niche genre.

>no true challenge

You wouldn't know.  You shrink away from higher settings.  Nevermind the fun I have in store for you.

>hardest on first run

That is rarely an option these days (and doesn't hold for GoW).  Even with this aside, do you imagine vanilla VH is where the extent to how far the rabbit hole goes?  You deceive only yourself.  I shall you teach you though.

>the point

Challenge.  Pride.  Fun.  Mastery.  Accomplishment.  The list goes on.

>story won't change

>story

There you go again.

>gameplay won't

It is encouraged to change at the very least and some cases will drastically alter your options.  In Bayonetta, the VH setting alters foe layout, changes percentiles, disables one crtical mechanic, changes the ranking requirements and still has more to be collected/unlocked by that point.  With Vanquish, it forces what is normaly a self-imposed challenge upon the player (No Upgrade Run).  It also augments enemy attack patterns, grants new moves and improves some old ones.  You lose all RL chances outside specific ground drops as well.

With GoW, you will just have more aggressive foes, deal less damage, take more, recover less, take longer to upgrade, etc.  Depending on the entry, there can be more to consider (non-Power % related cases become the focus, Armor % inversed for collisions in GoW1/GoWII, spells tied to Power % cases are terrible, enemy grabs tied to Armor % in GoS, etc.).  With the right encouragement, you will chance your tactics or die like a dog for failure to adapt.

>fairly basic

And you say this with no authority on the subject.  How's that for being narrow minded?  You can't even man up for higher settings (much less challenge runs).  But it does not have to be this way.  I can help you prove me wrong.  Take my hand.  Don't believe in yourself.  Believe in me, who believes in you.

>you have found drivel to be fascinating

Low standards, I see.

>TV to movies

How nice.  Why not try a book?

>then

"Than", rather.

>such as 'various'

Bleh.

>very judgemental

I don't disagree with your assessment, fellow judge.  Suits me, don't you think?

>think my opinion is the only right one

Come now.  You don't actually believe this, do you?

>try

I never "try" anything.  I just "do" it.  Want to "try" me?

>don't enjoy my life

You don't think I enjoy this?

>a lot of growing to do

Don't we all?  Not really saying much with this closing line.  Falling flat.  This said, let us get back to GoW.  You were just about to tell me the highest setting cleared (and challenges) before we get on to business proper.

>don't feed

What good would such a falty measure do against a non-troll?  Not the best approach.  To call one a troll is to be found guilty of trolling (provocation by intent).

Dave: >learned your lesson

And yet you demonstrate that you haven't.

Crushem: >would you rather

They have already made the betrayal.  Why not make it official so I can skip a game?

>button masher

Dear boy, there is a distinct possibility every last one of you are 'mashers' when it comes to the core of the series.  A gaggle of casuals who have much to learn.  With myself around, I can see to it that you attack purposefully.  Good tactics.  Knowledge of the enemy, terrain, tools, mechanics, etc. go a long way.  Higher level challenges are necessary to encourage that growth.

"Significant progress in the solutions of technical problems is frequently made not by a direct approach, but by first setting a goal of high challenge which offers a strong motivation for innovative work, which fires the imagination and spurs men to expend their best efforts, and which acts as a catalyst by including chains of other reactions." - Ernst Stuhlinger, Associate Director for Science

Message 31 of 42 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Jan 16, 2013

Read my other posts GodModeGOD, you're a little behind.

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 32 of 42 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5833 posts

Jan 16, 2013
>a little behind
It can't be helped, Davie. I take things one topic at a time.
Message 33 of 42 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Jan 16, 2013

Clearly not.Smiley Happy

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 34 of 42 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

Jan 16, 2013

Dear god, that video link at the start was just worth it.

The multiplayer feels like some Rock Papper Sissors to me.   Square beats Triangle, Triangle beats Block, and Block beats Square.    Add in some Items, an Objective, and serious team corordination, and you've got yourself a great multiplayer.

If they let you play against a buddie, or co-op it up, it'll be all the sweeter.  Not that I expect those but, Posibilities.

Message 35 of 42 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Jan 16, 2013

>opinions can't be wrong
If one says they believe t0 of GoW:A SP hits twice, their opinion is wrong.  Opinions can and tend to be incorrect.  Much like your assessment of whether they can be as such.  Good of you to demonstrate this.

The only thing that can be incorrect is a fact as an opinion is just how someone feels about something.

>Action based shooter

>shooter

There you go.  And calling it 'Action' is a bit generous.  We're talking about Vanquish, after all.  You should work with a title like that.  No MP (obviously).  Just a **bleep** fine SP and challenges.  As is proper.

I don't care about vanquish played the demo when the game first came out and thought it was crap. I don't play games for singleplayer I play them for multiplayer and a decent singleplayer is just an added factor for me.  For example I have been played resistance 3 both singleplayer and multiplayer yesterday.

>not the definition

You bet.  And still you would pretend otherwise by citing examples that just don't back up your case.  I'm able to cite DI, NGS2 and NG2.  DMC3: SE to a lesser extent.  Tell me, what have you got to show MP works for titles like GoW?  And even if it did (it doesn't), at what cost (the SP, obviously)?

Every genre has a trailblazer in the multiplayer department, there was a time that shooters only had singlplayer then they came out with split screen. By the time Golden Eye came out for the N64 it was a staple to gather groups of friends to play multiplayer. The same could be said for RPG's at one point in time they were singleplayer only now there are many out there that can be played both cooperately and competitivly a few examples are Dungeon Hunter(only reason I'm adding this is because a friend and I have been enjoying this lately so its fresh in my mind), Boarderlands, Mass Effect 3, Xcom,  Lord of the Rings: War in the North and every MMO out there.

So no by definition there has been no other 3d hack and slash action games with multiplayer but apparently GOW is going to blaze the trail for the genre, and they did a **bleep** good job at it.

>won't judge

But I will.  You see, you're making a mistake.  If I were to squat over your plate, pants dropped and grunting, would you wait until the product of these labors 'came out' (released if you prefer) before judging or could you perhaps see the signs for what was coming and make a judgement call?  I mean, how would you know it was going to be human waste?  It wasn't even out yet.

Totally different examples there have been games in the past that have not been good and then come out with a sequal that is better. For example I hated Gears of War but played Gears of War 2 and 3 almost exclusively (btw thats my mastery).

>a lot of casuals enjoying

You don't seem to fully appreciate the matter.  You will see them do as they always have.  These fair weather fans you see will not last.  This is a very niche genre with a series built upon a blockbuster appeal of high production values and accessability.  Make no mistakes about it.  This lot will scatter to the wind in short order.  Casuals are their market.  No hardcore MP fans would waste their time with this and no hardcore SP fans will care for it either.  It is foolishness born of executive mismanagement.

Anyone who is looking for something different to play online would play this game. Yes I do agree that after time people scatter from one game to another but thats just gaming I don't play one game forever as there is always new games coming out that are also of interest. This doesn't mean I won't come back and play every once in a while but I enjoy all sorts of games and don't limit myself to just one.

>have been playing since

You note a non-3D case?  Come now.  Don't you know better?  If you deviat with examples, you've effectively said nothing in support of yourself.  The personal trivia is swell, but stay on task, won't you?  Speaking of which, what of your run history?

I have played NG2 and 3 and the Devil May Cry series just to name a few along with a few others from back in the day such as Onimushi Warriors (not sure if I spelled the name right) and Dynasty Warriors francize.

>fun

This word?  Come now.

This word is what gaming is all about

do play lots of MP shooters

Yet you seem to focus only on consoles.  The wrong place for the shooters you note.  Vanquish is about the only reasonable case you can make (though the aim would be improved on PC, control would otherwise suffer, I'd imagine).

Your love of vanquish proves that you have horrible taste in shooters so you are no expert on the subject. Not to mention the fact that you keep talking how vanquish is sp only, well hate to tell you but thats pointless for a shooter most of the profit for a shooter is online appeal.

>only GoWIII

And you believe yourself fit to discuss the matter with a series vet?  A vet among vets, no less.  But I can help you with this small issue.  I'll make a vet of you.  How about it, sailor?  With this established, what was the highest setting cleared?  Just glorified Normal (Hard) and the CoO (no CoE in all likelihood) for the easy Plat?

Never beat the game as Sp bores me I like playing real ppl not AI clearing stages. I don't have all the time in the world for games since I have a family so I play to enjoy myself and Sp isnt enjoyable to me.

>not much to

>won't touch higher settings

Scared of the AI, are you?  Fear not, my casual friend.  You've got the GodModeGOD on your side.  I'll teach you good and proper.

Yet again not scared of AI as multiplayer is always the hardest challenge and most fun. Singleplayer just bores me so let me reiterate I AM NOT SCARED IT IS BORING.

>because

You are master of none.  If you are 'master' at one, do tell.  This would leave you 'casual' in the others, but at least it isn't a total wash, yes?

Master of the Gears of War Series both online and offline considering I got every achievement possible in GOW 2 and 3. Also aside from that I do not need to master any game because I just don't care about mastering them I play to have fun. I worry more about mastering my home life.

>don't just stick to one thing

That's your problem, friend.  You don't hold any substantial or intimate knowledge of what you work with.  Your flings are without substance or merit to show for your time with them.  An empty, hallow show.

The only intimate knowledge I need is of my wife, I don't need to be intimate with a videogame maybe thats your problem. What do I need to show for my time with a game? I play to have fun therefore I play until a game is no longer fun to me. I'm not going to force myself to play something to get all of the throphies if it isn't something that interests me anymore.

played many

That doesn't at all address the question.  Have you played God Hand?

No, don't care to either if it is something you are suggesting considering all you suggest is vanquish for shooters it shows your taste is bad.

>same thing

If that is so, it lacks the 'bigger and better' (improvements) condition, now doesn't it?  It dosn't have to re-invent itself while keeping the title for brand recognition (rather, deception of those looking for that exact experience which rendered a previous entry successful).  Surely this doesn't escape your attention.

A game does not have to completely re-invent itself however it does need to make advances. If games never made any advances then we would not be in the gaming world we are today. So by adding multiplayer they are adding new fans to the series along with re-inventing itself in a small way while still keeping SP in tact.

>adding to their sales

It isn't.  It won't.  The damage is done.  All there is left to do is assess those damages.  I suppose there is the matter of seeing what they learn from their mistakes (if anything).  It is a rarity to see a dev learn well their error and remove MP where it doesn't belong.  I expect the cancer to do its dirty work and put GoW to rest.  NG is currently enjoying the fruits of that same fateful call by boy director (a poor man's substitute for the pervert they hard in charge before).

It is adding to their sales because I have news for you I wouldn't have even considered spending $60 on this game if it didn't add MP. Considering they did add MP and I enjoy it I will be buying the game on the day of release therefore they have already made one more sale that they wouldn't have made originally.

>would wait until bottom dollar

And why not do that even now, friend?  Is it to show support?  Or fear that the MP will be a dead feature by the time it hits rock bottom?  You're clearly not that big of a fan.  Look at your run history.  That says plenty.

The reason I won't do that now is because I enjoy the beta so much that I wanna continue to play multiplayer on new maps and with all of the avalible gods and upgrades.

>the point

Challenge.  Pride.  Fun.  Mastery.  Accomplishment.  The list goes on.

Thats great for you but to me there is only one point to playing games and that is to have fun. I save the accomplishment pride and mastery for my real life. For example I have pride in my family. I am continuing school to gain mastry in my profession which will leads to accompishments. I think you need to go out and meet a girl or something to regain your theories of pride mastery and accomplishment because as of right now the only thing you accomplish is proving your life consists of trolling a forum, considering you do nothing but try to argue with anyone and everyone.

>fairly basic

And you say this with no authority on the subject.  How's that for being narrow minded?  You can't even man up for higher settings (much less challenge runs).  But it does not have to be this way.  I can help you prove me wrong.  Take my hand.  Don't believe in yourself.  Believe in me, who believes in you.

hack and slash games are basic. fun but basic. for example x = jump, square = light attack, triangle = heavy attack and circle = special weapon and kick.

>TV to movies

How nice.  Why not try a book?

I have a Kindle Fire to read books as well I just prefer to play games, and watch tv and movies as I find it more entertaining considering when I read it is usually for school and work i get tired of reading.

>a lot of growing to do

Don't we all?  Not really saying much with this closing line.  Falling flat.  This said, let us get back to GoW.  You were just about to tell me the highest setting cleared (and challenges) before we get on to business proper.

Yet again find a life outside of your beloved game and forum because its obvious that you don't have one.

>button masher

Dear boy, there is a distinct possibility every last one of you are 'mashers' when it comes to the core of the series.  A gaggle of casuals who have much to learn.  With myself around, I can see to it that you attack purposefully.  Good tactics.  Knowledge of the enemy, terrain, tools, mechanics, etc. go a long way.  Higher level challenges are necessary to encourage that growth.

If you are so good why not go online and prove that you are as good as you say. My guess is you get beat everytime you tried the beta and thats why you are so against mp. You can't be a GMG if you are getting your can kicked online and can't "school" people on the game if you aren't good at all asspects of it so I guess thats why you are so dead against it. I suggest you come online and challenge me and we will see whos the student and whos the teacher my guess is you lose because this "jack of all" is really master of MP. 

>don't enjoy my life

You don't think I enjoy this?

Point being this is the only thing going for your life hense why you need a real one to enjoy. 

Message 36 of 42 (148 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jan 16, 2013

Steve your just either a bad player or don´t take the time to even learn the game but making it down. It´s a great game and button mashers? Nobody ever managed to mash me down there is way more needed than mashing the square button, you can parry it with L1+X or just step aside. I do it often and in some moments i´m even managing to beat 2 people at once with enough parrying and stepping to the side. It just takes a while and since you only played 1 game i´m guessing your armors and weapons are also lvl 1 lol. So don´t cry about how people beat you up. The basics are simple to learn, the rest with dodging, timing etc is up to you.

Message 37 of 42 (137 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 16, 2013

GMG, you have a spelling error there. "Welp" is not a real word; "Whelp" is what you meant to enter into your rants there. I circled it in red for you to see after I pass out the graded papers tomorrow. You are very annoying to probably 19 out 20 people, and the other one out of that group of 20 are the people like me who read everything you post because of how insipid and pedantic your point of view is to us. These games are intended to be entertainment, but you get things twisted into being because your life is unsatisfactory to your ego's ideals. You can't enjoy life as much as I do because you're mentally ill. I bet you go outside about twice a week. I obviously don't post in the forums much but I saw your BS here while I was looking for where the best place to enter my obligatory feedback on GoW:A and I'm not going to compete for the loudmouth trophy with you so here you go __You Win!__ but the readers see that you just got served by the likes of ME on behalf of the people. You are a dork. Shut up.

Message 38 of 42 (124 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5833 posts

Jan 17, 2013
Vex: >alt.font color
Bleh.

>spelling error
>welp is not a real word
Better check on that, son.

>tense nightmare
Dreadful.

>to probably
Not big on statistics, lad?

>being this cross
>2013
Do you even lift, sport?

>can't enjoy life
And yet you're the one who's cross about words on a screen. Sometimes you boys make this too easy.

>go outside
You looking to help me with stock, lad? Inventory hasn't had a check in awhile.

>pulled out of lurker state
I'm that great.

>but
You forgot the comma.

>BS
You like it. Don't lie.

>I win
It was never in question.

>questionable underscore use
>!
Mind the excitability.

>for the people
Adorable.

>dork
Mind your surroundings.

>shut up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsqgTPFo-ps&t=6m48s

I've got lips like sugar. Sugar kisses. Come and get some, if you think you're bad enough. *hohoho*

Fandango: >still not catching on about opinions being wrong
Come now. It isn't so difficult to understand.

>don't care for good games
Noted.

>don't play for good SP
>play for bad MP
I see.

>have been played
Your tenses are not in agreement.

>R3
What a fall from grace. And R:FoM had been so good too. Pity.

>trailblazer
DMC: SE dabbled with co-op without messing the game up (very basic and hidden). DI tried to make a big deal of a DLC co-op and fell flat. NGS2 tried to force co-op. Didn't go well. NG3 was an absolute disaster with MP. It was the first to go for it. AR focuses on MP at the absolute cost of SP. What a waste.

>still going on about shooters
It is like you just don't catch on.

>GOW
Gears? What does that shooter have to do with all this?

>totally different
Now you're just being difficult for the sake of it.

>goes on about unrelated matter
Do reflect on this.

>mastery of Gears
Oh? Do tell.

>will play
But not buy into it. Bottom dollar, used, rental, borrow, etc. And this with the feature splitting the ever-shrinking community between match types. The writing is on the wall, friend.

>notes self as casual
Some honesty is appreciated.

>played 'various'
And what among those did you play in a non-casual fashion? You've not denoted your GoW run history. That would be most relevant. Or do you have something to hide?

>what gaming is all about
An empty, meaningless phrase? Telling: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lit0xPh_v5c

>francize
What?

>thats
No apostrophe?

NOTE: Sentences end with punctuation. More to add?

>vanquish
Proper noun.

>horrible taste in shooters
Shooters bore me by and large. Action games are more my speed.

>most of the profit
The profit doesn't make the game any better for the player, lad. Or did this escape your attention?

>never beat GoWIII
>the only entry you have played
And yet here we are. Telling.

>not scared
>couldn't overcome the AI even on lower settings
What's the harm in admitting what you are? You're a casual. Nothing wrong with it, son.

>repeats self
You can say it up and down, but it is all too clear you're just in need of my assistance. Shall we start with a vanilla H run then? I usually don't waste my time on glorified Normal discussion, but if it'll save you from yourself (being that you are not comfortable being a casual), so be it.

>hasn't played God Hand
Then what good is your talk of playing so many Beat-Em-Ups if you've not played any worth noting? Do you play any games in a non-casual fashion, Fandango?

>needs to make advances
More (big) and better (the advances). Proper sequel treatment. You dig?

>by adding MP they are
Wasting resources and crippling the game for a pipe dream. Just like NG3.

>one point
>fun
You keep admitting to being a casual, but won't just say it. Why does that word bother you so?

>going on about family, school, etc.
I'm not interested in such details of your life. We're here for vidya, tiger.

>accompishments
Good luck to your English professor. What a hot mess he has to work with.

>go out
Here we go.

>get a girl
Inventory aid? You're too much.

>regain your theories
Not the best wording.

>because
You forgot the comma.

>trolling
You still implying things you shouldn't? Mind the terms. It is provocation to insult one as such. Provocation equated to trolling. Ain't that something?

>do nothing but argue
But I've agreed with chaps before. Just one instance is enough to render your claim incorrect. Not that it would matter if it were so. Then there is my own thread constructed simply to denote SP demo findings/impressions. Dear boy, you're just blinded by anger.

>are basic
Not that you would know enough to comment on this. You're a casual. One that hasn't even cleared a single setting for a single entry in the series you are now at a board for.

>spam of equals sign
Unsightly.

>prefer bad sources of stories
I see.

>a life
*checks list*
Inventory is looking good on that front.

>i
You think so little of yourself?

>its obvious
>implying ownership of obvious
I do not think that was your intent. What say you to this?

>if so good with PvE
>why not PvP
What a silly question. A jest, I take it.

>prove I am all that I say
My reputation proceeds me. The vets vouch for me, devs have name-dropped me, I'm credited in videos/FAQs, etc. This besides my teaching of players with run skeletons, giving my own write-ups for challenge runs and videos. But you are so stuck on your anger, you will simply deny the obvious. I've seen it more than a few times. For the fun of it, I might even consider humoring your request for 'proof' to rub it in. I'm a rascal.

GMG, MrStarkiller, BigVEE, etc. I've gone by many names. My influence among the vets is undeniable. Without having to search around, why not just refer to my GoW:A SP demo coverage for a small sample of what it is I do, lad? My rank as vet among vets comes not from skill, but from familiarity, knowledge of the game, aptitude for exploiting/glitches, willingness to do testing to advance knowledge, desire to overcome challenges (to master the system), etc. I'm able to overcome my deficiencies. What excuse do you have? Fear? Come now. You've got me now. That excuse is no longer valid.

>your guess
Sounds like wishful thinking and angry words. That you have become so bitter from so little is telling.

>can't be GMG if not capable with MP
You do realize the name refers to the highest setting in the first game, yes? MP has no settings (aside from not being SP *the core of the series and genre at large*). Exactly how would that be altered by the noted even in the slightest? It merely implies I'm among the best of those who can overcome the highest setting. And that was accurate back before I'd even started challenge runs all those years ago.

>asspects
>**bleep**
You did this on purpose. Don't deny it.

>master of MP
You still haven't learned your lesson, boy? I keep telling you how it is.

>only thing going
What thing would that be exactly? My guess is that your answer leaves room for an easy counter. Go on, then.

>hense
This is not a word.

>real one
You implying something? Define a 'life', why don't you? I'm sure that would go well. Perhaps you should save all the whining for PMs, friend. You can get intimate with stories of your family and personal troubles there. Here you should worry about learning the ropes. I'm the guy to teach you.
Message 39 of 42 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Jan 17, 2013

VexVolceruke wrote:

GMG, you have a spelling error there. "Welp" is not a real word; "Whelp" is what you meant to enter into your rants there. I circled it in red for you to see after I pass out the graded papers tomorrow. You are very annoying to probably 19 out 20 people, and the other one out of that group of 20 are the people like me who read everything you post because of how insipid and pedantic your point of view is to us. These games are intended to be entertainment, but you get things twisted into being because your life is unsatisfactory to your ego's ideals. You can't enjoy life as much as I do because you're mentally ill. I bet you go outside about twice a week. I obviously don't post in the forums much but I saw your BS here while I was looking for where the best place to enter my obligatory feedback on GoW:A and I'm not going to compete for the loudmouth trophy with you so here you go __You Win!__ but the readers see that you just got served by the likes of ME on behalf of the people. You are a dork. Shut up.

That 1 person is me lol.

Message 40 of 42 (104 Views)
0 Likes