Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
5 posts

Re: One match in and I got three extremely serious questions...

Jan 14, 2013

I started playing about 3 days ago, and I think the game is very deep.  Button masher will get murdered in this game and it provide a good chance to Mind F*ck someone.  Especially if you know what weapons works best for you.  I really hope you give it another chance.  Play with a friend or hit training mode to familiarize yourself with your move set up.  I will be playing for a long time to come!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 42 (167 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jan 14, 2013

As far as Spamming with Gods Hammer, you can evade that if you time your dodge.  I've done it before....

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 42 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5489 posts

Jan 15, 2013
Steve: >another chance
Steve, pls. Stahp. Don't do this to yourself.

>do not have to suffer
How very considerate.

Galibis: Spoken like a know-nothing casual youth. You have much to learn, my boy. I can help with that though. How about it?

NOTE: Capitalize at the start of a sentence, punctuate at the end, the apostrophe is not the enemy, etc.

Fandango: >alt.font color
Absolutely disgusting.

>in my opinion
Your opinion is wrong.

>nothing to do with being a casual
Sure it does.

>far from
Oh? On that note, let us start the evaluation light, shall we? Which entries have you played? What is the highest setting you've cleared for each (Easy, Normal, Hard or Very Hard)? Which challenges have you cleared? We'll proceed to more notable matters after getting run history covered.

>proven that it works
>cites a shooter
*glove slap*
A common mistake, but no less unsightly.

>but it is Action
*slips brick into glove*
It is a shooter. NG3 (and NGS2) is in this genre. DI is another such case. Tell me, friend, how did MP go for them? Well? Do you not understand why it is that MP is such an ill fit? Even with that aside, what MP means for a SP focused series? It shouldn't be necessary to spell it out.

>Assassins Creed
Does that strike you as a Third-Person Action Hack-and-Slash? If you answer 'yes', you're wrong. And that series is garbage. Extremely dull.

>Tomb Raider
Why would someone cite this trash?

NOTE: Proper nouns are to be capitalized.

>will include MP
A bad game makes a bad call. What of it? It isn't in the same genre as GoW. DMC, NG, DI, Bayonetta, SWFU and the like are.

>everyday
Not in this genre. It is a red-headed, step child at best.

>aren't going to have friends over to play
Then play alone as is proper for the genre of one-men armies. Casuals just don't 'get' these games. They can't help but want to ruin them.

>more accessible
Spelling error aside, this choice of terminology is telling.

>gotten lazier
And even more shady. Isn't it grand? Looking forward to the prospect of 'digital only'? You shouldn't.

>why can't
They are not good fits. That's all there is to it. It doesn't jive. Moreover, this is an established IP. One made to be SP by identity. This is a bastardization that dictates the core, siphons resources, etc. No good comes of it. It was never a demand of even the casuals (where they wanted their precious brother arc and got that). The audience didn't exist save for in the heads of those making the mandate to turn GoW into something 'other'.

>bored of CoD
Neat. Play better MP shooters. Or play another genre of MP. Or stop being a casual with SP and play the likes of Vanquish. Being that you're at a GoW board, why not learn how to play it properly? I can help with that.

>play for story
You see? Just as I've said.

>enjoy real people more than AI
When you stick to lower settings and don't challenge yourself, you can only blame yourself for not getting more out of it.

>is ignorant
No, my boy. To say as you have is as such. You will come to learn this in time. Stick around.

>play every type
Jack of all, master of none. Sounds pretty casual to me.

>or AC
You keep implying it is the same as this. It isn't.

>Sports, Racing, Shooters, etc.
>everything in between
Play many 3D Beat-Em-Ups? Try God Hand, why don't you?

>unique
That this should be a concern is telling. Do you also fancy having a series cease being what it is with each new sequel. To re-invent itself rather than giving more and better as a sequel should? If a game does something well, it should continue to do that very thing (as that is what it is *by identity*). To betray this is folly. And for what? Novelty value?

>still going on about a casual console shooter
Why aren't you playing on the PC, sport? Shouldn't you be playing Battlefield and Counterstrike? How about DayZ (spice things up a bit, why don't you?). *it is 'unique'*

>still noting story
This is Action. Story is hardly even what you can consider the 'cherry' or window dressing (so to speak). To give it weight is misguided at best. In video games, gameplay is what counts and in these games, combat is king. Make no mistake about that. If you cannot get replay value from the SP, the issue rests with you. Not the game. This isn't your niche. Your interest in it is, simply put (to drive a point home), casual.

Video games are the worst medium for storytelling of them all. You've come to the wrong place for it. Try a book. A movie if you must. If you aren't playing, you aren't partaking in a video game, friend. Just as with that overly long, overpriced OVA they called "Asura's Wrath". What a bad joke.
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 42 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Re: if you're the masher then your opponents suck. if they ar...

Jan 15, 2013

xXNinjaBurritoXx wrote:

if you're the masher then your opponents suck. if they are mashing on you then you suck

Sums up thread :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 42 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Yes, the hammer is easy to dodge. Try it when cornered though, it doesn't make sense.

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 42 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Jan 15, 2013

NOTE: Capitalize at the start of a sentence, punctuate at the end, the apostrophe is not the enemy, etc.

Sorry I don't care about my capitalization and punctuation on a PlayStation forum, this isn't my college classes. (that also doesn't mean that I am young I just decided to go back to school later in life when I could afford it)

Fandango: >alt.font color
Absolutely disgusting.

Is this color better?

>in my opinion
Your opinion is wrong.

You show how ignorant you are here because an opinion can't be wrong only facts can maybe you should spend less time trying to school people on forums and go and school yourself.

>nothing to do with being a casual
Sure it does.

We will touch on this later troll

>far from
Oh? On that note, let us start the evaluation light, shall we? Which entries have you played? What is the highest setting you've cleared for each (Easy, Normal, Hard or Very Hard)? Which challenges have you cleared? We'll proceed to more notable matters after getting run history covered.

Speak english if you want a proper response.

>proven that it works
>cites a shooter
*glove slap*
A common mistake, but no less unsightly.

Action based shooter.

>but it is Action
*slips brick into glove*
It is a shooter. NG3 (and NGS2) is in this genre. DI is another such case. Tell me, friend, how did MP go for them? Well? Do you not understand why it is that MP is such an ill fit? Even with that aside, what MP means for a SP focused series? It shouldn't be necessary to spell it out.

There are different genres within a genre boy, action doesn't just consist of hack and slash.

>Assassins Creed
Does that strike you as a Third-Person Action Hack-and-Slash? If you answer 'yes', you're wrong. And that series is garbage. Extremely dull.

Yet again hack and slash is not the definition of an action game. That would be like saying the elder scrolls series and similar games are the only type of RPG but lets face it RPG's focus on everything from Fire emblem to Final Fantasy etc. Sorry you found assassins creed series boring and in your worlds garbage but there are a hell of a lot of people who disagree with you. 

>Tomb Raider
Why would someone cite this trash?

Not going to judge it until it comes out but the series hasn't been good since the 2nd game.

NOTE: Proper nouns are to be capitalized.

Yet again not in my college classes.

>will include MP
A bad game makes a bad call. What of it? It isn't in the same genre as GoW. DMC, NG, DI, Bayonetta, SWFU and the like are.

Yet again I won't judge a game until I try it as I'm not narrow minded.

>everyday
Not in this genre. It is a red-headed, step child at best.

Things change yet again a lot of people who disagree with you considering there are lots of people who are enjoying the beta as we speak.

>aren't going to have friends over to play
Then play alone as is proper for the genre of one-men armies. Casuals just don't 'get' these games. They can't help but want to ruin them.

I get these games just fine have been playing the hack and slash one man army games since the original NES with games such as gautlet.

>more accessible
Spelling error aside, this choice of terminology is telling.

Mistakes happen in a PlayStation forum as I don't care about grammer but please teacher why not grade my paper next time.

>gotten lazier
And even more shady. Isn't it grand? Looking forward to the prospect of 'digital only'? You shouldn't.

I do like digital copies however I am not looking forward to digital only. The only reason I like the digital copies currently however is because they are always on sale through playstation plus.

>why can't
They are not good fits. That's all there is to it. It doesn't jive. Moreover, this is an established IP. One made to be SP by identity. This is a bastardization that dictates the core, siphons resources, etc. No good comes of it. It was never a demand of even the casuals (where they wanted their precious brother arc and got that). The audience didn't exist save for in the heads of those making the mandate to turn GoW into something 'other'.

It obviously fits fine considering the game plays fine online and is a lot of fun adding in some competition. 

>bored of CoD
Neat. Play better MP shooters. Or play another genre of MP. Or stop being a casual with SP and play the likes of Vanquish. Being that you're at a GoW board, why not learn how to play it properly? I can help with that.

I do play better MP shooters I have played virtually every MP shooter out there back before I got rid of my 360 I played nearly every game for the system. I have only played GOW 3 admittingly and enjoyed it I know how to play it just fine thank you very much there is not much to beatting down on an AI opponent in most games no matter the difficulty.

>play for story
You see? Just as I've said.

>enjoy real people more than AI
When you stick to lower settings and don't challenge yourself, you can only blame yourself for not getting more out of it.

Play games on the hardest difficulty avalible on the first playthrough dont just judge someone that you don't know.

>is ignorant
No, my boy. To say as you have is as such. You will come to learn this in time. Stick around.

FIrst off im not your boy mr. arrogant. secondly you are ignorant and narrow minded.

>play every type
Jack of all, master of none. Sounds pretty casual to me.

So let me get this straight because I enjoy all different kind of games it makes me casual? Am I suppose to only like one genre in order to be considered not casual? I am a hardcore gamer and have been since I was a kid. I enjoy all sorts of games that are out there I don't just stick to one thing and judge everything and one else such as you do. You are just narrow minded with your head up your backside.

>or AC
You keep implying it is the same as this. It isn't.

Exactly the same no AC is about stealth this is about button timing. Both games require different skills but both games are also considered to be action adventure. 

>Sports, Racing, Shooters, etc.
>everything in between
Play many 3D Beat-Em-Ups? Try God Hand, why don't you?

Yeah I've played many 3D and 2D beat em ups along with every other genre out there.

>unique
That this should be a concern is telling. Do you also fancy having a series cease being what it is with each new sequel. To re-invent itself rather than giving more and better as a sequel should? If a game does something well, it should continue to do that very thing (as that is what it is *by identity*). To betray this is folly. And for what? Novelty value?

In the video game world things have to progress or they become stagnant hense call of duty. I have never been the biggest call of duty fan to begin with (I prefer the older tom clancy games that required some thinking and communication) but COD to me has become boring because it is the same thing over and over.

When games don't change they start to lose sales. Whether you like it or not the video game industry is a business and they need to make sales and money, By this game adding in multiplayer it is adding to their sales because I would not have bought it day of release as I will now I would wait until it was on the shelf for $20, Because yet again once I beat a game once there is nothing left to it for me because it isn't going to change any the second time around. 

>still going on about a casual console shooter
Why aren't you playing on the PC, sport? Shouldn't you be playing Battlefield and Counterstrike? How about DayZ (spice things up a bit, why don't you?). *it is 'unique'*

I do play PC games as well. I play counter strike, civilization 5, League of Legends, Star Wars The Old Republic along with many other games. Truth of it is though I don't enjoy mouse and keyboard for shooters. 

>still noting story
This is Action. Story is hardly even what you can consider the 'cherry' or window dressing (so to speak). To give it weight is misguided at best. In video games, gameplay is what counts and in these games, combat is king. Make no mistake about that. If you cannot get replay value from the SP, the issue rests with you. Not the game. This isn't your niche. Your interest in it is, simply put (to drive a point home), casual.

Singleplayer fine once through but after that it is the same thing over and over with no true challenge. As I said before I play through on the hardest difficulty on the first try so after that whats the point? the story won't change nor will the gameplay. not to mention gameplay with hack and slash are fairly basic and straight forward so there is not much to gameplay to me aside from completing the story.

Video games are the worst medium for storytelling of them all. You've come to the wrong place for it. Try a book. A movie if you must. If you aren't playing, you aren't partaking in a video game, friend. Just as with that overly long, overpriced OVA they called "Asura's Wrath". What a bad joke.

I have found many stories in videogames to be entertaining such as the Mass Effect series, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, Final Fantasy series, (uncharted isn't half bad) along with many other games. Also I prefer tv series more then movies, Such as Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy, True Blood, Being Human, American Horror Story, Scrubs and Big Bang Theory just for a few examples.

All in all you are very judgemental and think your opinion is the only right one out there but realistically you are just narrow-minded and try to act superior to everyone else which leads me to believe that you don't enjoy your real life very much. For someone who is always call people boy and sport you have a lot of growing up to do.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 42 (126 Views)
Fender Bender
4057 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 15, 2013

Please just ignore him. I've learned my lesson, he doesn't shut up. Let's focus on the game/Beta, the important topic.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 42 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Jan 15, 2013
most likely the best thing to do as they say in the forum world don't feed the trolls.
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 42 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Jan 16, 2013

Interesting.

I think the MP has CONSIDERABLE depth to it and with some practice, a level 1 Zeus/Ares with level 1 armor can beat a Level 30 ANYTHING...counters, timed hits, specials,, magic, dodging...awesomeness.

Wanna pick up and be good at a game? Insert shooter here.

While the upgrades and abilities affect playstyle, they dont guarantee victory. It's a shame you'll miss out on this gem. But...being brutally honest here...TC's posts seem to sing the song of shooterfan. This is clearlly not your cup of tea.

Me personally, I hate shooters and LOVE the uniqueness of this BETA. There's a ton of potential here. Would you rather SSM sold out and made a shooter with a God of War skin?

The maneuvers and such, the ins and out of this game...it's goonna take some practice but it is ANYTHING but a button masher. Bring the button mashers my way, I'll teach em what a brutalkill is. After, of course, I show em a thing or two about dodging and countering.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 42 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Jan 16, 2013

Honestly, I think people have just been experiencing lag. I've had flawless games for the first 4 or so days since the Beta hit PS+. For the past 2 days, I've been pretty choppy; and **bleep** do I get frustrated. The combat makes NO sense even when there is very little lag (my experiences). So give it a chance :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 42 (92 Views)
0 Likes