Jan 10 2013
By: BBurgSteve MVP Support 10749 posts

One match in and I got three extremely serious questions...

41 replies 626 views Edited Jan 10, 2013

Seriously?

I mean...  brainless button mashing for 5-6 minutes is the best they could come up with?

This is a joke, right?

Message 1 of 42 (626 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5791 posts

Re: One match in and I got three extremely serious questions...

Jan 10, 2013
You love it, Steve.
Message 2 of 42 (611 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Jan 10, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

Seriously?

I mean...  brainless button mashing for 5-6 minutes is the best they could come up with?

This is a joke, right?

Glad to see you over here BBurg!  If you're only one match in give it just a little time.  Yeah there is a lot of mashing.  But I wouldn't say brainless.  You can put together some serious combos and such.  Just takes a little practice.

Message 3 of 42 (597 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10749 posts

Jan 10, 2013

Upon reflection, my original post stands.

This game should be DLC for Playstation All-Stars, because that is what it feels like.

If there is more than 1 trophy attached to the multiplayer in GoWA (for 'Tried it one time'), this will be the first GoW title I pass on.  I've already deleted the beta from my PS3, and don't intend to go back.  It's pretty to look at, but it plays like a big, steaming pile of recycled bull food.

Combos would be nice.  Unfortunately, there is no way to put together a combo, since a simple square-mash attack by any of your three square-mashing opponents interrupts any combo you attempt.

GoWA Multiplayer:  Brainless Button Masher.

Message 4 of 42 (581 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 10, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

Upon reflection, my original post stands.

This game should be DLC for Playstation All-Stars, because that is what it feels like.

If there is more than 1 trophy attached to the multiplayer in GoWA (for 'Tried it one time'), this will be the first GoW title I pass on.  I've already deleted the beta from my PS3, and don't intend to go back.  It's pretty to look at, but it plays like a big, steaming pile of recycled bull food.

Combos would be nice.  Unfortunately, there is no way to put together a combo, since a simple square-mash attack by any of your three square-mashing opponents interrupts any combo you attempt.

GoWA Multiplayer:  Brainless Button Masher.

so basically, this link sums up TC.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th2c1ibJvx8

Message 5 of 42 (573 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10749 posts

Jan 10, 2013

Not trolling.  Just extremely disappointed that SSM would sink to this level to please the multiplayer crowd.

It's a bloody party game!  It does not resemble God of War in any way, shape or form.

Message 6 of 42 (569 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 10, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

Not trolling.  Just extremely disappointed that SSM would sink to this level to please the multiplayer crowd.

It's a bloody party game!  It does not resemble God of War in any way, shape or form.

it is hard to tell if you are trolling. You even admit that you just played 1 game, yet you already gave an extremely biased opinion on it. I wish I could play against mashers, I could use the easy kills. You can parry the light attacks very easily, and well dodging evades most attacks. There are balancing issues, but there is a lot of depth in this game as well.

Message 7 of 42 (567 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
2 posts

if you're the masher then your opponents suck. if they ar...

Jan 11, 2013

if you're the masher then your opponents suck. if they are mashing on you then you suck

Message 8 of 42 (507 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4830 posts

Jan 11, 2013
I think I button mashed for the first and second games I played about a month ago, and I got ruined for it. Button mashing is gonna get you killed, suprisingly. It's a bit more technical than that. Been loving the beta.

Message 9 of 42 (493 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5791 posts

Jan 12, 2013
Steve: You've just been called a troll for not liking the executive mandate made to get more non-fans and scalp players for MP junk. An appeal at the cost of the core of the series (SP). How do you feel about this?

Yung: >hard to tell
Then you don't know trolling very well, my boy.
Message 10 of 42 (439 Views)
0 Likes