Jun 18 2012
By: D-Squad3 Fender Bender 2913 posts

My only gripe as of right now...

13 replies 151 views Edited Jun 18, 2012

Is the purple fire you can see when Kratos throws the spears and some other of his moves like the one where he charges and smashes the blades to the ground. The purple fire is just ugly to me, kinda reminds me of Tekken when hits connect. Sorry for the nitpicking but that purple flame is definitely something I'm gonna have to get used to.

Message 1 of 14 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Re: My only gripe as of right now...

Jun 19, 2012

D-Squad3 wrote:

Is the purple fire you can see when Kratos throws the spears and some other of his moves like the one where he charges and smashes the blades to the ground. The purple fire is just ugly to me, kinda reminds me of Tekken when hits connect. Sorry for the nitpicking but that purple flame is definitely something I'm gonna have to get used to.

Easy way to appreciate purple flame.

get lighter fluid

get lite salt

and emergency flare.

Pour the contents of the emergency flare and lite salt in fireproof container. Pour lighter fluid over the salt and emergency flare contents. Than get match and light a purple fire! Sprinkle salt and emergency flare content over fire for longer duration. Do this with supervision because I won't get blame for you burning your own house down because you wanted to see a purple flame!

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 2 of 14 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5836 posts

Jun 19, 2012

I don't mind it on the WW (Javelin), but I recall nothing of the sort on Spirit or Plume.  Indeed, none of the attacks with the Blades.

Message 3 of 14 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10163 posts

Jun 19, 2012

I didn't notice the flames during the attacks, except for the AoE attack. 

Only problem I have is how odd he looks when he does it (he look pissed, but something's off about it)

Message 4 of 14 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5836 posts

Jun 19, 2012

Something odd about Spirit?  It's the same path and animations as used in GoWIII and GoS (altered t1 and t2 *unaltered t3*).  The way the chains bend on foes is new though.  Threw me off at first when square hits (especially Valor *s6*) were redirecting up.

Message 5 of 14 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2913 posts

Jun 19, 2012

Well I have no idea what you guys are talking about but all I know is that there is sometimes a hint of purple flames when he's swiinging his blades and I honestly don't like it, not a big deal though.

Message 6 of 14 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5836 posts

Jun 19, 2012

>no idea what you are going on about

The feeling is mutual, chap.

>not a big deal

Enough to make a topic for it though.  But then, I suppose some topics are not 'big deals' worth discussing at length.

~What's your run history, friend?

Message 7 of 14 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2913 posts

Jun 19, 2012

GodModeGOD wrote:

>not a big deal

Enough to make a topic for it though.  But then, I suppose some topics are not 'big deals' worth discussing at length.

GodModeGOD

You guys were talking in technical terms like Spirit and AoE etc. which I have no idea what they mean.

I was just stating that I don't like the hint of the purple flames coming from the blades sometimes and when he throws the spears in the E3 demo.

I made a topic about it because I'm a bit bored and these boards don't seem to be picking up steam yet because launch of the game is still far off. However, if my only gripe right now is something not that big of a deal then that means the game is really looking great.

Message 8 of 14 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
10163 posts

Jun 20, 2012

AoE = Area of effect

This is when he slams the blades down into the ground, and causes the enemies to fly away and get damaged. 

Message 9 of 14 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Jun 20, 2012

D-Squad3 wrote:

GodModeGOD wrote:

>not a big deal

GodModeGOD

You guys were talking in technical terms like Spirit and AoE etc. which I have no idea what they mean.

I was just stating that I don't like the hint of the purple flames coming from the blades sometimes and when he throws the spears in the E3 demo.

I made a topic about it because I'm a bit bored and these boards don't seem to be picking up steam yet because launch of the game is still far off. However, if my only gripe right now is something not that big of a deal then that means the game is really looking great.

these forums haven't picked up steam for a long long long long time. Since the change to Jive the forums have gone into an utter chaos(get it, Chaos). Yet with news the new layout change at the end of the month.It may change so more fans of the games can get involved. I just get sick of looking at GMG responding all the time. No offense to you GMG. I am just making a point that it seems only a few select  people respond on these forum. It wasn't quite this way when God of War 3 was coming out. Yet I don't think Jive totally ruin it yet?

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 10 of 14 (151 Views)
0 Likes