Highlighted
May 01 2012
By: AtrumRuina First Son 9 posts

My biggest gripe with God of War III was the lack of unlockables.

6 replies 247 views Edited May 1, 2012

I really hated that all but one skin was reserved for every goddamn outlet on the planet and couldn't be unlocked in the game. One of the biggest sources of replay value for me in GoWI and II was unlocking the various costumes in each game, not to mention completing the Challenges to get whatever ultimate costume was in the respective game.

I'm also hoping New Game+ makes a return. There is one serious flaw with making weapons a method to progress in games and that's that subsequent playthroughs have to remove them. To add this feature in GoWII then remove it in GoWIII really made the game feel less complete and like a slightly lesser product by comparison.

I'm also still miffed that I can't get the Deimos skin without buying the PSP version of GoW: Ghost of Sparta when the Origins Collection exists. Just saying.

Message 1 of 7 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5826 posts

Re: My biggest gripe with God of War III was the lack of unlockables.

May 1, 2012

>costumes

And not only that, 'Arena's to fight in and challenges.  With MP, expect an online pass, map packs, costume packs, armor/weapon/spell packs, patches galore, etc.

>NG+

Going out of there way to patch the glitch was nonsense.

>not just making the DLC available for download

One of the more curious offenses.

Message 2 of 7 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

May 1, 2012

I completely agree.

I loved going through each game as a weird character, making super silly jokes and such.

GoW 3 felt super "last gen" in the fact that the combat was still really the same, there weren't any unlocks, and there was a huge lack of extra content.  Some of the challenges were easy, and others were super hard, but it still felt kind of "meh"

MP should really please us though, hopefully we get super cool costumes in the SP too.

Message 3 of 7 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Jun 6, 2012

Yup.  I hope Ascension gives us more things to do (in addition to MP) after beating the game.  Leaderboards, stories, artwork, item upgrades, etc.

Message 4 of 7 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5826 posts

Jun 6, 2012

>Leaderboards

About the only online aspect I see as a reasonable addition.  Something to track who clears what setting (E/N/H/VH), EXP orbs gained, highest combo (hit count crap) and other nonsense.  Same for challenges.  GoWII prototyped a system for rankings that should return.  This aside, recognizing 'challenge runs' would be a nice additon.  Not just for a trophy to prevent easy plats, but something to put on the Leaderboards that is worth noting aside from just how few are clearing VH without being baited by a trophy/unlockable.

Message 5 of 7 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2926 posts

Jun 13, 2012

Yeah that was annoying. All the skins were available briefly for awhile (I think when GoS came out). I already had the Dominus costume from the UE and the Phantom of Chaos from GameStop, then I got Deimos from GoS and noticed that they had put up the Morpheus Armor, Forgotten Warrior and Apollo skins, so I snagged them. Later I noticed they were gone (at least from the main page). Don't know why they took them down but I guess I got lucky there. It bugged me that there were no comedic costumes. Patching out the bonus play glitch was a d**k move and annoyed me almost more than the bad writing. 

Hades vs Kratos on Make A Gif
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif
Message 6 of 7 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5826 posts

Jun 13, 2012

I wasn't concerned with a lack of joke costumes, but the NG+ removal was a move beyond my comprehension.  I still feel they should answer for it.

Message 7 of 7 (247 Views)
0 Likes