Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 19 2012
By: BBurgSteve MVP Support 8543 posts

Multiplayer for God of War: Ascension? Absolutely not...

34 replies 53 views Edited Apr 19, 2012

If you feel differently, or simply desire discussion on the matter, please limit it to this thread.

Let's not clutter a brand new space with multiple threads on the matter.

Message 1 of 35 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1696 posts

Re: Multiplayer for God of War: Ascension? Absolutely not...

Apr 19, 2012

Its an interesting concept but it just wouldnt work with a game like this, although i think it wouldnt work?

ascensionp_21802nphd
Message 2 of 35 (53 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1288 posts

Apr 19, 2012

I am happy with Kratos in MK but that's as far as I go. No MP in the actual GoW game for me, please.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 35 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6879 posts

Apr 19, 2012

Kind of goes without saying.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 35 (53 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8543 posts

Apr 19, 2012

Yeah, to you and I and most others, it's pretty obvious there's no place for multiplayer, but you know the kiddies will be along shortly screaming for multiplayer.

(sarcasm)Because we all know a game has no replay value if there's no multiplayer.(/sarcasm)

Message 5 of 35 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4151 posts

Apr 19, 2012

You know I have been thinking a lot lately about this issue! What if they introduced a AI companion. Many games like, I would just say a game that I just finish replaying was Primal. You had this relationship with Jen and Scree, traveling to different worlds and you need each other to solve puzzles.

I think if they can introduce a character that can compliment Kratos. We all know Kratos is still human and I am sure he must of had friends or allies. I was just thinking what if they introduced a female counterpart. If you ever got the God of War Ghost of Sparta game than you know they had a female concept of Kratos within the pictures that you unlocked.

So I know God of War has been a Solo act but I am beginning to think they need to change it so there is more character development. If Kratos has a companion than you can see Kratos in a different light so to speak!

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 6 of 35 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6879 posts

Apr 19, 2012

BBurgSteve wrote:

Yeah, to you and I and most others, it's pretty obvious there's no place for multiplayer, but you know the kiddies will be along shortly screaming for multiplayer.

(sarcasm)Because we all know a game has no replay value if there's no multiplayer.(/sarcasm)

I know what you mean. I can only expect for the SSM team to continue the no multiplayer tradition.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 35 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9691 posts

Apr 19, 2012

Sorry, was in the wrong section lol...

as for MP...only if it contains like...co-op based stuff.  There's no way they can do a competative MP. 

Message 8 of 35 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
96 posts

Apr 19, 2012

I would Love multiplayer in a GOW game that would just make that game good...

I think if they added multiplayer it wouldn't nessasarily take away from the main story line. But since it would be there first time and all inputting it into the GOW franchise it may cause set backs or delays and what not. And like everyone else has already said it just couldnt be in this type of game.

Message 9 of 35 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9691 posts

Apr 20, 2012

Well considering that God of war 3 felt kind of rushed (kind of) I think a MP would be bad. 

Then again, if they don't do huge bosses like titans it shouldn't be a problem.  They said it took them a long time just to get the titans working properly.

Message 10 of 35 (53 Views)
0 Likes