Treasure Hunter
5836 posts

Re: Multiplayer for God of War: Ascension? Absolutely not...

Apr 20, 2012

I should hope this gets the sticky when the time comes.  As for MP elements of any kind, there is no love for it in an Action fan proper.  Should the time come when it is announced...we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Message 11 of 35 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Apr 20, 2012

I disagree,
Only because you're suggesting a female counterpart, that concept is over-used.
But since he was a Spartan General, maybe some sort of apprentice would work.
Remember the Spartan Warrior that Kratos (unintentionally) killed in God of War II?

Remember how touchy-feely it was? (No? Only me...)
They could use him, or someone similar. Co-Op is a bad idea.

Message 12 of 35 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
381 posts

Apr 25, 2012

God of War multiplayer? abosultely YES! please!

if other games can do it, so can GOW.

Ninja Gaiden already evolved with co-op in Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and Ninja Gaiden 3.

A pitiful and underrated game like Blades of Time has co-op and multiplayer!

so why shouldn't an ambitious game like GOW not have multiplayer? preposterous

quote me all you want and disagree, I don't give a damn as I won't reply to any of the comments. So you best save your time not to reply, I won't be dealing with "single minded" gamers.

black...
Message 13 of 35 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5836 posts

Apr 25, 2012

>NG

Has become a shell of itself.  Hayashi was the one pushing MP and he buried the series.

NOTE: DMC3Smiley FrustratedE meddled with it in a very limited capacity (as far as one can allow for it in Action).

>Blades of Time

>pitiful

That it is.

>had co-op and MP

Explains why it was such a failure as an Action game.  They should have spent more time trying to make their game not terrible beyond the 'time' gimmick.

>why shouldn't

Action games are SP only, one-man-army affairs.  Not for co-op or MP.  MP detracts from the SP experience which is by far the most important aspect of SP.  It even dumbs down the gameplay as evidenced by NGIII (spell/weapon/item variety gimped) and what would need to have been done to the Action (TP cover) Shooter "Vanquish" just to have MP or co-op (removal of augmented reaction time mechanic).  I'll not have this travesty cause damage greater than what post-GoWII titles did already (for losing the combat guys and proper direction).

>ambitious

Buzzword aside, the ambition to tell the story without messing up continuity further, retconning more and doing further harm to the gameplay would be quite the undertaking.

>preposterous

MP in Action is just as such.  Same for what RE5 did with having co-op in a Horror game even if it abandoned "Survival" in favor of Action (or maybe that makes it even worse).  Dead Space 2 had the nerve to humor this.  They tried MP.  What a tacked on disaster that was.

>don't care

You do.  Your strong feeelings are evident.

NOTE: Sentences begin with capitals and exclamation points make you look overly excitable.

>won't reply

You say that now.

>save my time

Nonsense.  I enjoy this very much.  That's reason enough.

>single minded

You're being exactly that, chap.  Your thoughts?

Message 14 of 35 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Apr 25, 2012

RedEspiritu wrote:

I disagree,
Only because you're suggesting a female counterpart, that concept is over-used.
But since he was a Spartan General, maybe some sort of apprentice would work.
Remember the Spartan Warrior that Kratos (unintentionally) killed in God of War II?

Remember how touchy-feely it was? (No? Only me...)
They could use him, or someone similar. Co-Op is a bad idea.

I have to disagree with you assertion. OVERUSED. Let me remind you that any Multiplayer game uses the same concept over and over again. Using a female counterpart is not being overusing. Unless you are some sexist that doesn't like the idea of a female in a game? What is not to like about having a female companion along side you?

Santa Monica is not stupid. If they attach co op mode, they are not just tacking it on! Unless you are designing the game or in the studio, I would suggest you keep a lid on it! You have no idea what is a bad idea from a hole in the head! You never know God of War can turn into a RPG?

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 15 of 35 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5836 posts

Apr 25, 2012

>turn into an RPG

I'll have none of it.

Message 16 of 35 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Apr 26, 2012

Idk. they'd have to come up with something really creative if they're going to have a multiplayer. I think it'd be pretty cool.

Message 17 of 35 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5836 posts

Apr 26, 2012

There really isn't anything creative they can do.  It comes down to just doing the same thing the others do in a way that least bastardizes the SP experience.

Message 18 of 35 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
381 posts

Apr 26, 2012

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1339782/god_of_war_ascension_jaffe_reveals_ideas_for_next_kratos_advent...

even original GoW 1 director David Jaffe wants co-op!

I think it is time we all agree co-op is needed in GOW A or GOW 4!

Kratos and Deimos in Ghost of Sparta proved how AWESOME the co-op experience can be.

Santa Monica, get to workSmiley Happy

black...
Message 19 of 35 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5836 posts

Apr 27, 2012

>even

The guy who abandoned the series for love of a family he didn't have and lost passion to keep with the series?  The man had a vision and it become that of others.  It became the Action genre.  It isn't Zelda puzzle temples, it isn't adventure, it isn't co-op and story and it isn't non-Greek Myth.

>proves

The fight noted is just ordering him to do things and he can actually hurt us.  It was cute at best.  I do not want some fool running around distracting me from my one-man-army show and his death shouldn't reflect on me.  The first chance I get, I kill them.

Message 20 of 35 (141 Views)
0 Likes