Treasure Hunter
5766 posts

Re: Multiplayer character models

May 4, 2012

A reasonable assessment.  It would be beyond impressive for it to be even 'okay' being that other attempts to make Action have this have failed quite badly.

Message 10 of 29 (421 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

May 4, 2012

I'm just asking if body paint is the best way to handle it? What about capes?

Capes.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbkMl2aiGrU&feature=related

Message 11 of 29 (421 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9782 posts

May 4, 2012

I wouldn't expect anything other than maybe a different color tattoo, or a different color armor from one character to the next.  It looks like all player characters will be built on the Kratos frame, which pretty much eliminates any real customization.  Capes, especially animated one, would just add extra stress to the rendering process (not to mention extra design and implemetation resources).

Basically, you are looking at 8 different versions of Kratos running around, as has been repeatedly stated.

Message 12 of 29 (421 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5766 posts

May 5, 2012

So there we have it.  A very basic set-up as one should expect.

Message 13 of 29 (421 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

May 9, 2012

Todd Papy has been tweeting. The God of War: Ascension director dished out a few single-player details concerning the upcoming project.

Check the single player details below

-The game is GOW1 length
-Revamped combat and weapon system
-Promptless mini-games
-New puzzles
-The new composer is Tyler Bates
-New gameplay feature or features
-3D support
-The game will be more like GOW1 and GOW2
-It will have more color than GOW3.
-Bigger creatures than Polyphemus in SP.
-Variable framerate like past GOW titles
-Kratos model and clothes will be redone to reflect a younger version.
-You no longer struggle to open a chest, you just smash it now
-No story mode co-op
-More destruction than GOW3
-They are working on making all the features of the characters better than GOW3
-The game will have a variety of locations like past GOW games
-No big open environments
-Improved animation and a new collision system
-New cloth tech, new hair and skin shaders and revamped lighting
-New climbing system for point-to-point movement
-Nudge ability added to the camera. It isn’t complete control but allows you to see more of the environment.

VIA Neogaf forums

I was a fan of these two skins below. I hope we get designs as sharp. I could really get behind these with helmets and capes. I think I like the idea of red cloth with gold and blue cloth with silver. I don't mind the body tatoos but I think the models in the MP reveal are showing too much skin. IMHO.

god-of-war-3-costumes-dominus.jpggod-of-war-3-costumes-morpheus.jpg

Helmets and capes, a little hair and a face mod or two and I'm good.

trojan 1.jpegtrojan 2.jpeg

About the capes, I don't think we will get this type of tech on PS3. But maybe we can get half of this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcds8eY93Zk&feature=related 

If you have any looks you would like to see as a fan post a pic.

Message 14 of 29 (421 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5766 posts

May 9, 2012

Hoping for a SP Spartan (historically accurate) attire perhaps?  Or maybe a 300 version?

They've already used Dominus (not with the right Blades or tattoos though *I'd prefer Captain Kratos with terrible stats over what we got, but it was a nice look*).  Blue Kratos is what I desire.  The concept art I've kept to all this time.

Message 15 of 29 (421 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

May 9, 2012

Legionare Skin.jpgI'm a fan of this skin. I still would like to see it with a cape variation and then a blue and silver alternate version.  I can't wait to see what the team cooks up. Looking at the MP reveal you can see that the character from MP has a Poseidon themed mask. I wonder if we will have themed helmets? I like the idea of masks.

Zeus Mask.jpg

How do you guys feel about themed helmets like the one they gave Hercules?

305_stream.jpg

I think I will have tons of fun customizing my character. SSM can I get a mode to pose my MP character mods and take photos?

I think if you put effort on this customization you could trump most MP offerings to date. Just adding a variety of masks, helmets and armors it will do wonders for creating a feel of unique characters. I hope I'm not expecting too much.

Very much looking forward to this. I'm warming to the Poseidon skin too, after a second look I'm getting a greater appreciation for the amount of craft that was put into the model. I still wish he had more armor and maybe a cape.

PK.jpg

Message 16 of 29 (421 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5766 posts

May 10, 2012

As noted, an entirely accurate attire for a Spartan equal would be desirable.  A 300 attire wouldn't be bad either.  Blue Kratos remains my focus.

Message 17 of 29 (421 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jun 8, 2012

Can anyone tell what this list is for in the demo?

? That list ?

Odysseus

Achilles

Jason

Theseus

Hector

Perseus

Hercules

Orion

I guess this is a list of the champions we will use in the MP. I can't tell from the footage that has surfaced whether the players are all using the same default character model. I take it all models start out naked with little to no armor. I'm just guessing that as you level up you will add more armor and customizations.

I still feel like all the models are releatively the same size. We still need more diversity in the height and weight of the character models. Will Hercules still tower over a smaller frame like Kratos?  I'm just speculationg, because the media doesn't know how to ask the right questions?

From the E3 MP demo footage the models seem to be all the same size and weight.

Message 19 of 29 (421 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9840 posts

Jun 8, 2012

I honestly don't think we'll be using characters like hercules (that'd be lame), just default characters where we can customize. 

GMG talked about armor sets from SP but I don't think those would be in too.

Message 20 of 29 (421 Views)
0 Likes